I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Same as yesterday here, 40mph plus winds and torrential rain :ROFLMAO:

Good weather for lockdown non golf :unsure:
its was lovely here this morning, little or no wind for the front 9 and bright sunshine, at one point i was down to shirtsleeves, even slow dave stripped of his 14 layers and bobble hat for a few holes.001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

Boomy

Visit site

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Well that was lovely this morning - off at 7.12, nominally 15 minutes before sunrise here but it wasn't at all gloomy. Bit of a breeze (the sort at times where the PGA Tour stops playing) but it was just base layer and hoodie weather - no jacket required. Best I've been in a long time tee to green results wise but couldn't get putts to drop.

On holiday from my day job this week as second grandchild is due on Wednesday so we'll be on call to look after my favourite little person, got two, possibly three football matches to photograph, club membership should be sorted in a couple of days and by this time next week I'll be a season ticket holder for the Medal as well as the Ashludie - out next on Tuesday - life is pretty good at the moment.

IMG_4615.jpgIMG_4617.jpgIMG_4618.jpg

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Meant to be a storm here so we debated whether to head out but it wasn't raining when we got up so off we set. As it was we got round bone dry, although it threatened to pour a couple of times, back in the house and can hear rain battering down on the conservatory roof so excellent timing.

It was pretty windy out there at times but the weather report seemed to have put off a lot of other people and we saw just two other people playing so pretty much millionaires golf.

Hit a five iron into the 7th with the wind howling that felt absolutely beautiful - got up there and it was pin high - love that feeling.

IMG_4627.jpg
2nd green with short 3rd (100yards) tee behind flag - 6th green is on the left

IMG_4628.jpg
5th green

IMG_4630.jpg
Looking back down the 9th with 10th green on the left of picture

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Meant to be a storm here so we debated whether to head out but it wasn't raining when we got up so off we set. As it was we got round bone dry, although it threatened to pour a couple of times, back in the house and can hear rain battering down on the conservatory roof so excellent timing.

It was pretty windy out there at times but the weather report seemed to have put off a lot of other people and we saw just two other people playing so pretty much millionaires golf.

Hit a five iron into the 7th with the wind howling that felt absolutely beautiful - got up there and it was pin high - love that feeling.

View attachment 35238
2nd green with short 3rd (100yards) tee behind flag - 6th green is on the left

View attachment 35240
5th green

View attachment 35241
Looking back down the 9th with 10th green on the left of picture

is that the Ashlundie still?
due to play at 12.30 today and after yesterdays fantastic weather its a bit of a let down today, wet and overcaste looking, bet it rains at 12.40 :LOL:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
is that the Ashlundie still?
due to play at 12.30 today and after yesterdays fantastic weather its a bit of a let down today, wet and overcaste looking, bet it rains at 12.40 :LOL:
Yep that's the 'Ludie - there will be pics of the Medal over the summer I'd think.

Nasty weather appears to have started now and I've got a football match to photograph tonight - if it's still bad then (as forecast) I can see me shooting it from the stands - the only benefit of no fans in the ground is that photographers can escape the worst of the weather like that, normally we'd just get soaked.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yep that's the 'Ludie - there will be pics of the Medal over the summer I'd think.

Nasty weather appears to have started now and I've got a football match to photograph tonight - if it's still bad then (as forecast) I can see me shooting it from the stands - the only benefit of no fans in the ground is that photographers can escape the worst of the weather like that, normally we'd just get soaked.
next time i'm down at Dundee Airport i will have to pop over for a game on there, played the main course many times, but never "Lundie"

we are supposed to be going back to Panmure this autumn, might have tp mention it to the organiser for one of our extra games

AliMc

Visit site
next time i'm down at Dundee Airport i will have to pop over for a game on there, played the main course many times, but never "Lundie"

we are supposed to be going back to Panmure this autumn, might have tp mention it to the organiser for one of our extra games
Played Panmure for the first time 2 years ago as part of our reciprocal's, loved it, hoping to get back there again this year

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Panmure for the first time 2 years ago as part of our reciprocal's, loved it, hoping to get back there again this year
enjoyable course, there was one hole that looked a bit of an afterthought, par 3 15th, the rest outstanding. we all enjoyed it despite most of us getting lost and playing the wrong hole on i think it was the 6th.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
enjoyable course, there was one hole that looked a bit of an afterthought, par 3 15th, the rest outstanding. we all enjoyed it despite most of us getting lost and playing the wrong hole on i think it was the 6th.
Could have been worse - I once saw a group come through the trees and tee up on the 9th of our Medal course - they'd thought it was part of Pannie

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Could have been worse - I once saw a group come through the trees and tee up on the 9th of our Medal course - they'd thought it was part of Pannie
isn't there also one of these urban myths about some tourists starting on one and finishing on the other same as Royal Aberdeen/Murcar?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
isn't there also one of these urban myths about some tourists starting on one and finishing on the other same as Royal Aberdeen/Murcar?
I'd think it very possible - to be fair there's days I've played the front nine of a links downwind and wished there was another nine holes down wind instead of back into a gale - must be possible on some adjacent courses - taxi back to the start afterwards.

AliMc

Visit site
It's funny that, the 2 from my 4 ball who had both played it before both said that it was the weakest hole on the course, I thought it was fine, made routine par, but yeah there are some great holes

AliMc

Visit site
One of the best stories of a similar nature was of an apprentice greenkeeper at Lundin Links who was sent out to rake bunkers and ended up over the wall on Leven, they just let him get on with it !

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'd think it very possible - to be fair there's days I've played the front nine of a links downwind and wished there was another nine holes down wind instead of back into a gale - must be possible on some adjacent courses - taxi back to the start afterwards.
Lundin and Leven Links as well only a small wall between them, i think there is even a stile over it too.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Lundin and Leven Links as well only a small wall between them, i think there is even a stile over it too.
That was one of the places I was thinking about - almost quoted it but the point you'd jump the wall is after the fourth so didn't fit my nine downwind scenario - Monifieth Medal onto Pannie would give you 7 out of 8 downwind from the first (if it was blowing from the West) with just the seventh going back into it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
That was one of the places I was thinking about - almost quoted it but the point you'd jump the wall is after the fourth so didn't fit my nine downwind scenario - Monifieth Medal onto Pannie would give you 7 out of 8 downwind from the first (if it was blowing from the West) with just the seventh going back into it.
Murcar to Royal Aberdeen would be the whole back nine, but from what i remember the Prev wind is the other way when i've played it