I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

AliMc

Visit site
Beautiful day at Dunbar today, course in great nick, GP score 77, should be good enough for 0.4 cut to HI and playing from 8 to 7, going in the right direction ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Beautiful day at Dunbar today, course in great nick, GP score 77, should be good enough for 0.4 cut to HI and playing from 8 to 7, going in the right direction ?

I’m so bloody happy for you.

?

Na I’m just messing, good to see someone A playing golf, B Playing good golf and C getting a CUT. I remember those. Taste like victory beer.

Lockdown lifting in time for the long evening last would be very welcome indeed... Meanwhile we live vicariously through you - golf on!

Visit site
1st swings in 3 months
Was 1°C and flakes of snow during warm-up - forgot what an off-strike cold shot felt like :p
Played 9 holes as 'general play' so counts under WHS (somehow)
Played well tee to green so cant complain - 3 good reg pars but with four 3 putts and another green chunk elsewhere) = 19 points
May go out tomorrow :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played the kings today for the first time in a while, good to have a hit but the course really needs some TLC, Winter greens were pretty much all mud patches and the course only opened yesterday. really ill though out locations all pretty much on water run off area's , a few of the main greens has MTB skid marks on and a few with Dog poo on the edges. pretty much all the ponds had tee markers, red stakes and even a couple of the life buoys on them along with the housings. its a real shame

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
back on the full course today and despite the forcaste which was for heavy rain, it was pretty nice out there, not a drop of rain or so much as a cloud in the sky. Greens were running really well as they had been hand cut due to the warm temps the last 5 days.

the highlight though wasn't any of the golf, but we think we spotted a Golden Eagle, My PP was convinced, the Docs a bit of a twitcher. it was being mobbed by Crows and way too big to be a buzzard, one of the fields closeby had a big flock of Geese feeding in it which instantly took flight, it then turned North and headed toward Sutherland. he thought it might have been one of the Pair that were released up near Golspie.

D

Deleted member 3432

Quite happy to not be able to play today, 40mph plus wind and torrential rain, mid summer already here :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3432

Yeah managed 1 - 6, 17 & 18 at Dunbar today, unbelievable wind, trollies blowing over, Bobble hats blowing off and balls getting blown off tees !

Wouldn't have fancied walking through the hole in the wall next to the sea in that...:eek:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Lovely morning out there - apart from being overdressed, there's not a lot of room in the pencil bag for discarding layers. 11 holes in just under an hour and a half, never pressed, never held up. There are puddles on some of the holes but course was dry otherwise, massive difference from even a couple of days ago, gotta love links courses.

Got to say 'Go in' as my tee shot on the 6th was in the air - always a good moment - tap in birdie.

Out first tomorrow just after 7am - can't wait.

IMG_4605.jpg

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lovely morning out there - apart from being overdressed, there's not a lot of room in the pencil bag for discarding layers. 11 holes in just under an hour and a half, never pressed, never held up. There are puddles on some of the holes but course was dry otherwise, massive difference from even a couple of days ago, gotta love links courses.

Got to say 'Go in' as my tee shot on the 6th was in the air - always a good moment - tap in birdie.

Out first tomorrow just after 7am - can't wait.

View attachment 35132
still dark here till 7.30, our first time at the moment is 8.30