I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My best round for a long time. And like every round it could easily have been soooo much better.

Shot 85 which is +13. OK, we were off the blue tees which are only 6147 yards. But it was very cold, windy and there was no roll on the fairways.

As an experiment I put a stiff, tipped short (3 wood length) shaft in my driver to see if I could eliminate and only took my irons to get more course practice with them and to try and play more within myself.

The sorter driver shaft experiment worked as far as hitting fairways was concerned. 11 of 14 hit the other 3 only just missed. Although one of those was into a pond ?. However I only averaged 200 yards with it.

Hit the irons pretty well. A couple slightly thin and one fat. But on the whole pretty accurate with decent distance control. I've been working on getting my grip more neutral as it was weak, and shortening my backswing. That seems to be becoming more comfortable now.

The greens were a bit bumpy and a few short putts.

The most annoying thing was a quadruple bogie on 9 hitting 2 into the water and a 3 putt followed by a double on 10 when we were hit by a 10 minute sleet storm.

All in all, it was a most enjoyable round.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nice early front 9 today.
Playing with another member,mhad a blast, playing with him again tomorrow. He's quite new to golf so I shall attempt to furnish him with snippets of useless information to ensure I beat him:whistle:
Not a bad player, lots of potential.
+3(19 points) for me - played pretty solidly in a brisk breeze

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well it was yesterday - spotted at 14:56 time available with a.n.other so decided to join him and see how many we got in. In the end we played 11 - though as we played to the green at 16:20pm we weren't able to see where our ball had been going. But it was fun.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Playing this afternoon. Wish me luck. :eek:

Dressed like an artic explorer. Surely it can't be as cold as the forum meet at Silloth ?:unsure:
Turned out ok. Not too cold or windy. Heath in cracking condition with greens and fairways just cut. Nice bit of run on drives and greens smooth which helped me shoot 76 gross for 41 points.:eek: Unfortunately no blobs.:unsure: Finishing with a birdie is always nice.

Probably last round Boris will allow me for a while.:(

D

Deleted member 3432

Turned out ok. Not too cold or windy. Heath in cracking condition with greens and fairways just cut. Nice bit of run on drives and greens smooth which helped me shoot 76 gross for 41 points.:eek: Unfortunately no blobs.:unsure: Finishing with a birdie is always nice.

Great, was going to play Friday which would be my first game since a couple of days before lock down 2 :mad::ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
round at Nairn this morning, dull and cold. lost the Snell Ball in the top of the new fairway bunker on 10:(

Robo had his phone with him and was keeping tabs on what Nicola was about to announce, looks like it could have been our last MWF comp, in 4 balls at least.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Why were you off the reds

Joking aside that's tidy

D

Deleted Member 1156

Well it was yesterday - spotted at 14:56 time available with a.n.other so decided to join him and see how many we got in. In the end we played 11 - though as we played to the green at 16:20pm we weren't able to see where our ball had been going. But it was fun.
You need to get to Specsavers, we putted out on the 18th at 4:45 yesterday ?

Spoon

Visit site
Played rubbish with some flashes of good stuff. Great round though, lovely day and first out. Got paired up with a sound guy who was pretty much same level as me so all good (i usually play solo). I lipped out 9...yes, 9 times! Neither of us could believe it by the end. Still battled round for a 96... Not my best and could have/should have been alot better, but I still feel like I'm improving at a good rate.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Good 18 holes at Dunbar today, full course, 2 balls only, about 2 1/2 hours, put in a GP card, probably going to go up by one eighth of 0.9 so 0.1, just like the old days !
lucky you were on Full course today, we were on winter greens as there had been a heavy frost overnight, -4 at Nairn. apart from that it was a beautiful day. bright sunshin without a cloud in the sky.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good 18 holes at Dunbar today, full course, 2 balls only, about 2 1/2 hours, put in a GP card, probably going to go up by one eighth of 0.9 so 0.1, just like the old days !

Very nice. Loved Dunbar when I visited this Summer. It was in great condition. I could happily play my golf around there.

AliMc

Visit site
Very nice. Loved Dunbar when I visited this Summer. It was in great condition. I could happily play my golf around there.
Glad you enjoyed it Junior, it really is a great course, it's up there as one of the very best in East Lothian, full 12 months a year of great golf, fantastic condition at the moment given the weather we have had recently