I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Set up the home range.
Needed to see where I was hitting the ball on the driver face as smash factor was sub 1.4. Got to wring out everything when your maxed out due to being a fat old boy.
Worked the strike back into the centre picking up ball speed and distance. I was going to map the driver face for poor and best points.
I then upped my speed a bit by 4mph and it’s okay - I will see what I can do about that in the future.
Played a virtual Round at -9. Had a bogey because I topped the 5 wood, will look at that as well ... hopefully will hit the real course with some talent.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Set up the home range.
Needed to see where I was hitting the ball on the driver face as smash factor was sub 1.4. Got to wring out everything when your maxed out due to being a fat old boy.
Worked the strike back into the centre picking up ball speed and distance. I was going to map the driver face for poor and best points.
I then upped my speed a bit by 4mph and it’s okay - I will see what I can do about that in the future.
Played a virtual Round at -9. Had a bogey because I topped the 5 wood, will look at that as well ... hopefully will hit the real course with some talent.
Which gizmo are you using now?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which gizmo are you using now?
On the Garmin G80. I just use ball speed and club head speed not too bothered about the yardages as I have my own formula based on ball speed alone.
It’s strange but the virtual round distances are more in keeping with reality for me. I just wished I made all the putts ☹️

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I love 2021

Played the front 9 (off fairly forward yellows) but managed 21 points and that included a five for 1 point on the par 3 first. Struck it really well for a change and made some decent 4-8 footers with the Ping Cadence Anser (feels too light on long putts so not a keeper). The 6th is my nemesis and hit a horrible hybrid off the heel with a low left to right flight. Ended up on a nasty muddy lie pin high and chipped in for birdie. Two good shots into the 9th and a nasty three putt from the fringe (around 20 feet) was annoying but very happy. Even tried to snow but that didn't take the edge off. Fantastic partner too and had a real good chat about our goals and hopes for 2021

D

Deleted member 21258

Cancelled the planned trip to Ganton due to change in tiers.

Replaced it with having a round with son at Llanymynech as he was free today. First round in ages with him (& wife). May look to join there or Hawkstone.

Matchplay drawn at 4:4:1, played pretty good, no lost balls, frozen greens making putting/chipping interesting, forgot how much fun they are:LOL: great to play again.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Yesterday was the annual New Year's Day cross country comp, it's our family tradition to play it together but this year we had to play in 2 balls. I always like this one, just a bit of fun, playing a made up 6 hole course with routes not normally taken, although some not so unknown to me ?. Carried on where I left off on Thursday, striking the ball long and straight, and chipping well. Came in one over gross, happy start to the new year.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a virtual round and some practice at the home range. Didn’t score as well as I was pushing my distances and pressuring my strike. As usual best to just go easy but I was at the bottom or top of yardages and chose to use the shorter club and hit harder. I suppose it would be okay with a normal cavity back or hollow head but I like my blades and I will just have to get better.
Jury is out on the driver experiment, swing speed is higher with the std regular shaft but the distance was lower. Ball speed is similar but low end.
The head is a G400 sft set to std 10 degrees with the NV green ultralite and 9.4 degrees with Alta CB regular.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
At Nairn today nice sunny but cold morning had a 4BBB game , Me and the Doc V's slow Dave and Deep pockets. tight game. all square at the turn, then slow dave birded 10, to go one up. the doc bordied 11 to take all Sq. i then birdied 12, parred 13( with a shot) they were both in the Front bunker off 14 so par was good enough, for the win, then birdied 15 to seal the win.

played pretty steady no bogeys and 3 birdies, big diff from yesterday, holed about 5 six footers.

tweeked my bad Knee on NYE, so wore my knee brace today, and that really helped, also used a Snell MTB ball, which i'd tried befor but didn't think much of at the time. but pretty Impressed with it TBH. all thanks to Yound Rupert.. he'd had knocked over one of the old bins in the garden full of old ball last night, so when i picked them up this morning i notiticed it and thought i'd give it a try

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I love 2021

Played the much harder (and wetter and muddier) back nine today. Got it round in 18 points off the whites (which are considerably behind the yellows on some holes). Drove the ball well bar the 12th (still made net par on SI1) and the last which cost me a 7 for one point. Annoyed that I drove the 215 yard 17th (ok needed driver) and then three putted but you can offset that with the sand save on the 15th. Far steadier than before Christmas and very happy. One more round (front nine) tomorrow and then the reality of going back to work hits

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played as single in a field of two's. Slow, bored, lovely sunshine though. Painfully slow. Just short of 3 1/2 hours. Bring back 4 balls, they are faster.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Played this morning, round in 3 hours with a 15 minute stop at the halfway hut as it had stacked up there.

Took out only my hybrids and irons. So I can practice from different distances on holes.
Hit my hybrids pretty poorly. Pulled my irons the majority of the time with the odd sweet one. Like on 17 about 140 down wind, so easy wedge through the green and out into the farmers field some 20 yards past the green.

23 measly points but happy as no unmentionables and started to connect with my irons a lot better.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
36pts in the sun this morning, couple of silly 3 putts but ball striking was pretty solid today. Plus no point having a good score when it doesn’t matter. No doubles on the card today?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played this morning, round in 3 hours with a 15 minute stop at the halfway hut as it had stacked up there.

Took out only my hybrids and irons. So I can practice from different distances on holes.
Hit my hybrids pretty poorly. Pulled my irons the majority of the time with the odd sweet one. Like on 17 about 140 down wind, so easy wedge through the green and out into the farmers field some 20 yards past the green.

23 measly points but happy as no unmentionables and started to connect with my irons a lot better.

How is Royal Winch holding up in the current weather?