I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 21258

Friday great, joining the tour next week. :LOL: Saturday evening, 3 lost balls in the first 6 holes and then proceeded to shot level gross par on the back nine.

Love to hate this game, or is it, it loves to hate me and torment me. :D

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out Saturday evening and again this morning - no matter how I start or finish a round it always seems to add up to a gross 83 just now, worse scoring than recently on front nine but better on back nine today. Course has gone from beautiful brown two weeks ago to back to being mainly green again - I'd like a couple of weeks without any rain to turn it brown again. Oh and weather forecast showing wind from South East when it (unusually) blew from South West throughout.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
first 3 ball today, so the roll up had organised the draw in advance with best ball team score.

hit it pretty well, but one of my PP was on fire, really played well, even a couple of 2's on par fours.
tough wind a straight southerly across the course, esp going out with the tide in:unsure::D

Grizzly

Visit site
...and I was reminded of one of the things I hate about some golf clubs. Playing in a two ball we teed off just before 11 with two empty slots ahead of us. For four and a half holes, I was playing to par and having a great time...at which point we caught up to the slow 4 ball in front. Impossible to maintain any rhythm when you're waiting five minutes on every tee and approach - and to keep your temper when on the ninth, the add to the wait to practice the putts they just missed. We waited an extra few minutes to walk to the tenth to find...yep, they stopped for a chat and were only just walking away from the tee. Eventually allowed through on the 13th (probably because we both stuck it on a par 5 in two) :mad:

Worst thing, one of the assistant pros asked afterward how we enjoyed the course - I answered honestly and was told apologetically that it was indeed unofficial policy that members do not allow visitors to play through.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Monday afternoon knock with the other two.....
Fragger was leading with 18 to my 17 at the turn and started par, par on the back...I messed up the 11th but then went on a bit of a run of pars and nett pars to stand level on the 18th...regulation par for me, Fragger looks at me and says " this one is" and before he could finish I said " to lose" as it was his 6th shot...and he missed it..
So 33- 32
A couple of silly shots and a couple of bad bounces looks to be all that's standing between me and a good score

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fragger was leading with 18 to my 17 at the turn and started par, par on the back...I messed up the 11th but then went on a bit of a run of pars and nett pars to stand level on the 18th...regulation par for me, Fragger looks at me and says " this one is" and before he could finish I said " to lose" as it was his 6th shot...and he missed it..
So 33- 32
A couple of silly shots and a couple of bad bounces looks to be all that's standing between me and a good score

At least it was closer than normal. Shame about the 11th and the mistakes but that's golf and to a degree you're still learning the course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really don't understand your reasoning here.

A member made a booking and another group pushed him out.
Not how I read it. It sounds like a group who have a small number who book a set number of consecutive tee times then the others in the group stick their names in the three slots left for each tee time. The organiser then takes all the names and does a random draw for the actual playing fours. Our poster stuck his name down and as they couldn’t chuck him out he was included in their draw for fours. Im guessing he might have been stuck in the final group or just found himself there as a result of the draw.

Our Sat am roll up works that way. I could put my name down in one of the places in the first tee time of our roll up and might find myself playing in the last group an hour and half later. Just how we choose to do it.

D

Deleted member 3432

Not how I read it. It sounds like a group who have a small number who book a set number of consecutive tee times then the others in the group stick their names in the three slots left for each tee time. The organiser then takes all the names and does a random draw for the actual playing fours. Our poster stuck his name down and as they couldn’t chuck him out he was included in their draw for fours. Im guessing he might have been stuck in the final group or just found himself there as a result of the draw.

Our Sat am roll up works that way. I could put my name down in one of the places in the first tee time of our roll up and might find myself playing in the last group an hour and half later. Just how we choose to do it.

He booked a tee time expecting to play at the time he booked, he wasn't part of any roll up.

There were no restrictions on him booking a tee time.

Maybe this other group could have booked the next available 'empty' tee times if they were that desperate to play together.

There seems to be an attitute that some members have more right to play at 'premium' times than others despite a booking system that is open for all members.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
So 33- 32

Actually i started the back 9 par, par, par
Let you off the hook big time matey
Grrrr

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Oh god was yesterdays round dreadful! Think I can count the good tee shots on one hand, and I can definitely count the ones I topped and carried less than 50 yards on two! Was playing some really nice golf over the last couple of weeks but my last 3 rounds have all been on the wrong side of 100. Cant give up though, got to keep working back towards beating my best of 87!! 31 points last night. Poor.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Today's set was Wilson 4300 laminated 1 & 3 woods, Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades, 2 to PW, Craigton Neil Coles SW and the trusty Greenway putter.
Two tee shots OB on the front nine and 15 points, steadier on the back for 19 and 34 total so happy with that.
And me and my partner won our match 3 & 1.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
After 3 great rounds on the 9 hole course I went for the 18 again. A 3 ball in front of me asked me to join so I went with them. OK, I lost my 1st drive into the rough but after thet my driver was in fire for a while. Fairway finder, long(wish) and in great position. It is just that my approach and putting really let me down. I also messed up 5 out 6 par 3s. By hole 13/14 I was through it. To hot, didn't eat enough or whatever, but nothing worked anymore. Driver dear, irons dead, putter was never alive today.

Ended up with a 106 which is still an above average round for me, just not as great as the little course suggested I should play to. But had some amazing shots on the course, just to many bad ones in-between. Tomorrow I go out earlier before it gets hot.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
five straight pars hole 5 - 9, inc. SI 1 , finished with 21 points, still got beat, my oppo was level par gross for 22 points.

went out again an hour later with my sister, not as good but 19 points later settled for a 40point total

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
First qualifier in 9 months, first since joining a new course, and a medal - what could possibly go wrong! ? Thankfully a friendly face playing with Simon from here to help me settle.
Seemed having the card maybe helped, scrambled pretty well and was level to handicap after 9. Frustratingly left a few putts in the jaws down the stretch for a net 75, which is most likely 1 out of buffer ?
Still, probably would've taken that if offered it early this morning. And besides, we should enjoy 0.1s while we still can ?
Didn't have to enjoy the 0.1 after all, CSS up one and scraped a buffer.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Oh god was yesterdays round dreadful! Think I can count the good tee shots on one hand, and I can definitely count the ones I topped and carried less than 50 yards on two! Was playing some really nice golf over the last couple of weeks but my last 3 rounds have all been on the wrong side of 100. Cant give up though, got to keep working back towards beating my best of 87!! 31 points last night. Poor.
Stick with it, that’s how it goes, I was playing mid 80s (best for a while) then couldn’t hit a ball for a few rounds (admittedly after a lesson) now playing ok again, it comes and goes but hopefully just gradually better

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Stick with it, that’s how it goes, I was playing mid 80s (best for a while) then couldn’t hit a ball for a few rounds (admittedly after a lesson) now playing ok again, it comes and goes but hopefully just gradually better

Appreciated! I went out last night to the range to try and calm the swing down a bit. Great to hear its not just me that goes through it, brilliant forum this!

jamiet7682

Visit site
Out last night in our Tuesday Challenge, i was just playing to get a card in for initial handicap. Paired up with a nice guy, nice relaxed chat on the way round, played well and ended up playing against each other as it was so close. Got my first 5 on our first hole (7 was best score previously) and chipped in on the 9th for my first ever birdie on a par 4. Great feeling.

Shot 46, lost by one shot as partner shot 45.