I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Out last night in our Tuesday Challenge, i was just playing to get a card in for initial handicap. Paired up with a nice guy, nice relaxed chat on the way round, played well and ended up playing against each other as it was so close. Got my first 5 on our first hole (7 was best score previously) and chipped in on the 9th for my first ever birdie on a par 4. Great feeling.

Shot 46, lost by one shot as partner shot 45.

Congratulations on your first birdie! What a time for your first on a handicap round too!

jamiet7682

Visit site
Congratulations on your first birdie! What a time for your first on a handicap round too!
Yeah was delighted, thought the game might fall apart with scorecard in hand but the opposite happened, i felt it focussed the mind.
Boy i was playing with was 22 handicap and was only one shot behind him so well happy with that.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I have hardly played since reopening, usual issues, working from home, kids at home and things being busy. Was due to play a 4 ball against some mates from another office 2v2 but they pulled out last minute so me and a mate played.

I had been to the range the evening before and iron play was good but anything with hybrids and woods was dreadful.

Anyways i was 3 down through the front 9 and playing pretty poor for the first 7 holes, 8 and 9 felt better and really i should have got 2 holes back but for poor choices.

From hole 10 it just clicked and had 5 straight pars and went from 3 down to 1 up. After 16 holes I was 2 up, 17 i had a really unlucky bounce it to a tree so now 1 up with one to play. Par on the last along with my mate so just nicked it.

The thing i really felt was I just haven't played enough, once I got to the back 9 and got the groove going it was fine. A slower tempo off the tee box also helped.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yeah was delighted, thought the game might fall apart with scorecard in hand but the opposite happened, i felt it focussed the mind.
Boy i was playing with was 22 handicap and was only one shot behind him so well happy with that.

Mate, id be well happy with that! A great person to compare your golf to at the minute in my opinion - that's where i'd like my Handicap to be by the end of the year. Literally finished my third card on Sunday and so just waiting to hear back on my handicap!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Another supplementary card round at Ellesborough teeing off at 7.20am in lovely conditions with a stiff breeze keeping the temperature reasonable

I’m guessing Imurg is going to post that he should have stayed in bed, as it wasn’t pretty.

I ended up with 32 points after 19 on the back missing buffer by 1 for the third time.so near, yet so far

Imurg had about 26 but tbh he stopped counting after he shanked a chip on the 13th

Cvg had 17 points and we aren’t letting him near any rope ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Beautiful day at Nairn, not a puff of wind, bright sunshine and at least 20. Moray firth was like a mill pond.

3 balls best ball score, and we had -9, to add to that i played pretty well 2 under gross, with 3 birds and bogey. one of my PP (off 3) 5 under gross real lesson in ball striking

I've not hit the ball as well as that since March:LOL:

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played very well today and was stood on the 18th tee par 4, needing a 5 to score 89. Debated playing safe and hitting an iron but I’d been driving pretty straight all day, so stuck with it. Tee shot faded into the rough but I still had a shot to the green. Yardage was an 8i but being uphill and sat down a bit I took a 7i, poor strike and left it 10 yards short of the green. Tried to calm my nerves for the chip but caught it a bit thin and ended up with a 15-20 foot downhill putt for par. Missed by millimetres and sailed 5 feet past, a la Martin kaymer at medinah! My pp (eagle2 off this forum) was as nervous as I was as I settled down to the uphill putt, which just about dropped in the hole! 89, yes!!!!

Next target 85...

Desperate to get my hcp down. I played poorly for the 30 and every comp since then has been a non qualifier due to the weather/course conditions and obviously coronavirus.

Flippin’ ‘eck, I’ve only gone and scored 84 today! A week after me best round ever of 89 and breaking 90 for the first time! Jeez. Played well today but even then I could’ve shot a couple lower, lost a ball that looked good, just couldn’t find it, must’ve taken a bad bounce or sat down somewhere. Anyway, can’t complain!

In the meantime I’ve had a handicap cut to 20 from 30 at my own request. Things going in the right direction and couldn’t be happier!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played Monday and drove very well, but was all over the place with the irons and scored 30pts.

This morning the irons were on fire and my long putts were very good. 83 gross (44 points) was my best ever score and I left the putts on 17 & 18 both two inches short.

That's great Mike, keep it up!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me and the wife played this morning after changing our start time from 13.30 to 7.50, thank god. Wife shot 103 she plays off 38. Ladies par is 71. All shots counted. Bunkers included the lot. With....an 8 and a 9 on the card.
Me? I shot 84 never missed a fairway, due to some coaching last time out from the wife, yes she gives out tips now, lol.

Stableford score for her 40. (I only counted her off 36) Add in my scores to her no scores and as a betterball we shot 48.

Roll on August Comps. ;)

PS....Now argue against PSM !

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Blooming hot today at 1.30 tee off.

Decided to only play my own ball on the occasions when I could find it ?

Apparently walked 6.6 miles

D

Deleted member 3432

I played crap.

No, it was worse than that, much, much worse.

On the 5 holes I would receive shots I had 4 pars and a birdie so 16 points.

The other 13 holes accounted for the grand sum of 10 points :ROFLMAO:(n)

I used to be able to find a way to ball round when I was playing poorly, these days if my game is off I have no safe shot I can fall back on to get it round in a fashion.

Starting to think this a terminal decline in my game.

D

Deleted member 3432

No no no...
Just learn to hit it straight, the ball doesn't know how old you are...

Easier said than done, been swinging poorly myself lately, but if you get it on plane it can be done.

I'm not going to let it beat me!

Still think I have a 5 or 6 under round in me somewhere wanting to get out.

Would just be nice to stand over the ball with confident thoughts in my mind, its been a long time since that was the case.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played this afternoon. Foolishly hit about 25-30 balls to limber up and get the back loose. That was hot enough but I struggled today. Only had 32 points but hit the ball poorly compared to the last few rounds and the short game didn't really hold up. Hard to concentrate despite taking plenty of fluids and some nutrition on board. Trying again Friday morning

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Castle Stuart on Sunday, had 6 great holes to start then the wheels came off until the 15th, then started hitting it well again, mental block.....
Played the first 9 holes today superb at Inverness, considering I didn’t drive it well but my hybrids were flying and short game excellent, then the wheels came off again, I don’t feel it’s far away, if I could sort my driving it would be half the battle instead of playing catch up ??

jamiet7682

Visit site
Played 9 holes tonight with my mate, he plays off 10 so gave me a shot on each hole in a matchplay match. He was 3 up with 3 to play, i won the last 3 holes to draw the match. Delighted as he was been playing for about 25 years and ive been playing for 5 months.

I assumed my handicap will be about 24 when i get the cards in to get it but my mate reckons im playing to a much better level :)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out at 7.55pm - the last tee time allowed and only took a half set. Wasn't keeping a score on the front nine as I was trying different things including having my Taylor Made hybrid in the bag instead of my trusty Forgan ancient one. Never really got on with the Taylor Made one before but it showed enough promise tonight that it will get a space in the full bag for the weekend at least.

Was hitting the ball Ok so kept a tally of my score on the back nine - two bogeys and seven pars, including five straight pars to finish, I can certainly live with that, could do with some putts dropping to put the icing on the cake though.

Had a shot right in-between six and eight iron on the 17th so loosened my grip on the eight iron and lashed it past the pin, first really good feeling on a shot of the night (and I wasn't unhappy with how I was hitting the ball before that). 18th tee loosened the grip a bit on the driver and hit the best drive I've hit in a couple of weeks - it might be that I've unknowingly began to grip the club too tightly - we'll find out on Friday night - can't wait.

Finished at 10.15 and there was plenty of light to play another four or five holes (see pic) - if only we were allowed.

IMG_3244.jpg