I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I played crap.

No, it was worse than that, much, much worse.

On the 5 holes I would receive shots I had 4 pars and a birdie so 16 points.

The other 13 holes accounted for the grand sum of 10 points :ROFLMAO:(n)

I used to be able to find a way to ball round when I was playing poorly, these days if my game is off I have no safe shot I can fall back on to get it round in a fashion.

Starting to think this a terminal decline in my game.
i think you need a net:LOL:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Very enjoyable 18 holes last night with 3 mates. Started at 6pm and got in as the light was starting to go. A beautiful evening and nice that I holed a load of putts to get round in 2under my handicap - so only dropping 6. highlight of the round though by far was my 105yd shot played from a fairway bunker to a flag back left of top tier of our 14th green - to 3ft - and holed the putt for a par. Quite nice 'sandy-par' and possible the best bunker shot I've ever played - I certainly can't recall ever playing a better one.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, that was a round today. After the 2 below average (felt like) 18 holes over the last 2 days I went back for a 9 early morning, getting it done before the heat came.
It was one of those rounds where on nearly each hole I can recite where I left easy shots.
On 1 I can't reach (yet) but I had a short chip but still 2 putted.
On 2 I had a bad drive and tried to force the iron from the fairway duffed it twice (20 yard roll each time instead of 140 flight) for double bogey.
On 3 I missed the green just left, chipped on and 3 putted. And on 4 I also 3 putted but on GIR (both par 3)

So I had a mindset that just nothing works this round. Great drive on 5, short (60 yard) chip to short but par, missed the fairway on 6 but attacked the green from the 7th fairway and just rolled through, chip and par, monster drive (well, 211) on 7, short chip to short, the put half an inch short for bogey, the next par 3 I was a yard short of the green, chip on and 2 put for bogey, and on the final hole I totally messed up the drive, 2 more iron shorts, short chip next to the flag and roll in for bogey.

A lot of thought about wrong/unlucky shots, then I tally up the score card and it is a 42, best round on that course, bogey average.
Effectively, from 4 onwards I was playing good golf for me with just below average putting, but because I 'gave up on the round' earlier and just played the holes I didn't think about the score. After the double duff on 2 I just tried to hit the irons clean rather than trying to force the green, they got there or there about anyway.
When I finished I was on the 9th green with no-one behind me so I worked on the chip a little. If I leave the chip closer to the pin I might get a couple more up and downs in a round. And I 'can' flop it over a bunker now. At least on that green, nice fluffy lie all around ;-)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
11.40 tee time at Naunton Downs today, whose idea was that???

We came off after 14 holes, the heat was unbearable, but the best part of that was it meant that I didn't have to add up my pathetic score.

Naunton is a quirky but enjoyable course with one or two very funky greens.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jeez it was hot today.
We were a four ahead of lots of twos so it was a little bit stop/start as we were letting people through.
But hey, we were on a golf course and I had a bag with three bottles of water, and that wasn't light. :eek:
I had a funny old round in which I scored better than I thought I'd played, ended up with 35 points.
Played a 4BBB match and parred the last two holes to rescue a half after being two down after 16.
Hey, we won on countback ............................. you should have seen their faces. :ROFLMAO:
I managed 6 pars on the back nine, I don't think I've done that before.
Happy bunny.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Another shocker yesterday evening. Really seem to have lost any ability at all with my irons which, up until recently, have been my most consistent clubs!

New driver used for the first time - Callaway RAZR Black - absolute perfection 78% of fairways hit last night across 9 holes and 2 are par 3 irons tee shots. To then follow up these drives with 9 more shots on a Par 4 and 8 another.. heartbreaking.

Time to head back to the range.....

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Rare early morning tee time for me, as I start five days off work, and buzzed round in about 2 hours. Still hitting the ball pretty good (for me) and shot 80 which is three shots better than my normal recent score (I seem to have been stuck on around 83 whether I play well or not so well) but it didn't really feel better - largely because I played the four par threes in a total of 6 over (2x bogey and 2x double).

Had three birdies, including both 17 and 18 which made the score better than it felt, 18 has been my favourite hole for scoring since the restart and I've had four birdies there this year but I'm normally happy with a bogey on 17, I've had a few disasters there including a nine when I thought I was going to break 80 a couple of weeks ago, it's become something of a mental block. Taylor Made mini driver which has been sitting in the cupboard for four years got it's first use on that tee this morning and I'd forgotten quite how forgiving it is to hit, second shot was best feeling hybrid I've hit in a long time and left me with a six foot putt.

Strange day, played holes I've struggled on well and bogeyed a couple that I'd normally expect to par - not sure whether to be annoyed at making a mess of the par threes (I hate that) or delighted at a birdie, birdie finish - In a normal world I'd have been heading back out for a few holes extra after that finish.