I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course very quiet today. We played Par/Bogey format..... not popular in Clubs due to it being so uncompromising. None of them had ever played it. I was 1-up after nine holes but had lost to the course 3 & 2 before I won the last 2 holes finishing just 1 down. Pretty satisfying as it is a tough format..... anyone else play it much?

Never heard of that, how does it work?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A lovely 7 holes with my son this evening. One other person only on the course, 4 holes ahead. Drove the ball as well as I've ever done, hit other clubs pretty decently as well. It was the first time this year the ball has rolled, what a difference after weeks of plugging.

If this is my last round for a while then it was a smashing way to finish.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never heard of that, how does it work?
Match-play against the course.
Net par = hole halved
Net Bogey = you lose hole
Net birdie or better = your hole

It's tough 'cos a net Birdie or Eagle just means you've won the hole..... you can't 'win' shots back that you've lost.

A though format but what many people play when on solo golf.
Anywhere near 'level' is pretty good.
Most Comps will be won with a 3-up result.

Try it sometime... but who knows when that maybe. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm glad I managed to get a few games in before the lockdown.

Maxi tours event at Dunham Forest and my partner and I managed 2nd place and a Galvin Green top. We also had 4 twos between the group so we got 24 pro v's between us!!! ......lost by 1 point to Ryan Giggs and Nicky Butt !!! Course was in great condition and I managed to sneak under par gross. Granted it doesnt really count as it was a short course and 2 of the par 5's were pretty much just par 4's.

Sunday had a great trip to Bolton Old Links and played with Dave MC, Birchy and qwerty. Good to catch up with Danny and Tugs too before the lockdown. A nice driver 6 iron to 6 ft on the last saw us halve the match. I love the course, but the greens always rip me a new one, even when they are supposedly slow.

With the impending lockdown I managed to sneak 13 holes in yesterday at my home course and take on a couple of the old boys. It was me vs the both of them and i won on the last.

Shame thats it for the foreseeable, but needs must. :(

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had my last game yesterday.
Shouldn't have bothered.
Never hit my 3 wood so consistently badly off the tee, ever!
It was like my first game after a long lay off, not my last game before a long lay off.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Like a few on here, you really need to lighten up.

Or even better, you need to get a sense of social responsibility, lose the arrogance and self-centredness, and stop spreading the virus.

I’m trying really hard not to get banned from this forum.

But if you really did go out to play on a course today, you are an utter disgrace.

You should be banned from your club, and you should be banned from the forum.

D

Deleted member 17920

Or even better, you need to get a sense of social responsibility, lose the arrogance and self-centredness, and stop spreading the virus.

I’m trying really hard not to get banned from this forum.

But if you really did go out to play on a course today, you are an utter disgrace.

You should be banned from your club, and you should be banned from the forum.
The poster was trying to be funny and get someone to take his hook.

It’s clearly worked but don’t take the bait as you have been had big time.

Just ignore it ?

User20204

Visit site
The poster was trying to be funny and get someone to take his hook.

It’s clearly worked but don’t take the bait as you have been had big time.

Just ignore it ?

It's not bait, it's a bit of light hardheartedness in dark times. If anyone believes that I went and played golf today they really, really need to get a grip.

D

Deleted member 17920

It's not bait, it's a bit of light hardheartedness in dark times. If anyone believes that I went and played golf today they really, really need to get a grip.
I know it was a joke.
I can see that ?

I just knew someone would bite at it.

It didn’t take long did it ?