I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

idiotdogbrain

Visit site
Solo 9 holes at FPGC Par 3 this morning - lovely conditions were inversely proportional to the quality of my playing! ? Hardly anyone else about so was playing 3 balls - managed to top all 3 in a row at the 9th ?‍♂️ Still, nice to get out before the lockdown. Kept 5+ metres away from anyone, which was easy as I only saw 3 other people there.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Not so good today on the Hotchkin, never really got going, was held up quite a bit by a group in front so we dropped back a bit in an attempt to keep a tempo, only high points were a nice birdie on the 5th, a solid par on the 6th (index 1), some good drives, especially down the 6th, 9th, 13th, 16th & 18th, the latter resulting in another birdie, but still lost our pairs Matchplay 2-1.

Beau Desert tomorrow in an AM AM.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played at The Bedfordshire GC yesterday, course was absolutely packed!

Was +8 for the front and +4 for the back, 37 points and seriously happy with where my game is right now.

Please don't shut the golf courses!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played with Fragger this afternoon
A most pleasant round, if a little breezy.
Some good, some extremely good and some not so good golf...33 points with 3 blobs so the potential is there.
Fragger had a sore back and got tired towards the end but did par the opening hole on each 9.

I had a weirdly uneasy feeling all the way round, almost like we shouldn't really be out there...
Not sure if I'm going to p,ay again until this is all over, partly due to a lockdown which must surely come, but the general unease I feel being outside at the moment.
I want to play but I kind of don't want to play too...
The decision may be taken for me but I'm in more than 2 minds at the moment

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mini Sunday roll up. Golf swing has taken a nose dive this week and back still playing up. Short game in and out and when I hit it distance is way down. Hoping it's a small thing and easy to sort. Managed to nobble it round in 32 points. Got a lesson (back allowing) for Tuesday night

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Chose carefully for a solo round. Hotel course which is generally quiet and more so with hotel shut. Didn't see another golfer, just some dog walkers at a distance. Did take my mind off things for a while, I'd happily do it again if we are not shut down.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
Following on from my decent knock last Saturday shooting -5, I went 2 better for a -7 and 43 points today to pick up the spoils again ? even left at least 3 silly putts just short so could have been even better ?

Great run of pars from the 4th through to the 7th rounded off with another on the 9th for 22 points on the turn.

Then a couple more on the 11th & 13th and a nice birdie on the 15th.

Playing the Hotchkin today then Beau Desert on Monday in a AM AM ??‍♂️

#YOTF lll ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Up at Course at 3:50pm, about 10 cars in car park, saw others across the course, but never closer than 100 metres, by the 4th hole going away from Clubhouse I saw nobody else for remaining 14 holes, back to car park in under 2 hours and all other cars had gone.

Decent round, hole inserts raised above the hole, weird but fun and went round in 6 over!

D

Deleted member 17920

Played some of the best golf I have done in ages today.

Got a feeling that may be it for a while ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Not so good today on the Hotchkin, never really got going, was held up quite a bit by a group in front so we dropped back a bit in an attempt to keep a tempo, only high points were a nice birdie on the 5th, a solid par on the 6th (index 1), some good drives, especially down the 6th, 9th, 13th, 16th & 18th, the latter resulting in another birdie, but still lost our pairs Matchplay 2-1.

Beau Desert tomorrow in an AM AM.

Shame event didn't go ahead at Beau, did you go visitor there instead ?

If you didt you would have seen some of the tree clearance that has been going on, some of the holes look massively different and are opening up the areas(like 1 & 18, views are much better now and from the clubhouse is a big improvement in my eyes, loving the more heathland look that's happening, hope it continues in accordance to the recommendations & whats going on with the virus, its was exciting times).

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Shame event didn't go ahead at Beau, did you go visitor there instead ?

If you didt you would have seen some of the tree clearance that has been going on, some of the holes look massively different and are opening up the areas(like 1 & 18, views are much better now and from the clubhouse is a big improvement in my eyes, loving the more heathland look that's happening, hope it continues in accordance to the recommendations & whats going on with the virus, its was exciting times).

No, I’ve stayed home with Max today now as I was away golfing Saturday & Sunday, busy day on the road tomorrow so recharging my batteries.

Look forward to seeing the changes at Beau, we’ve made similar changes at Woodhall on the Hotchkin akin to those at Moortown, all in an effort to bring the courses back to their indigenous roots as natural heathland course.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course very quiet today. We played Par/Bogey format..... not popular in Clubs due to it being so uncompromising. None of them had ever played it. I was 1-up after nine holes but had lost to the course 3 & 2 before I won the last 2 holes finishing just 1 down. Pretty satisfying as it is a tough format..... anyone else play it much?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Garbage, as was yesterday, same can be said for Saturday.

I’ve never seen anyone drop as far as I do when they’re not on it.

Cant stand the game at times

D

Deleted member 17920

It’s a tad irritating isn’t it.
Try 4 years of been poo like me ?

Siolag

Visit site
7 holes tonight before it got dark, hit 38 shots. 3 of the holes were par 4s, 3 par 5s and 1 par 3. Overall very pleased with it. Just have to wait and see if I will get to recreate this form in a medal anytime soon.

2 iron off the tee will be my choice for the longer holes for the foreseeable.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Thought you were swinging it well yesterday’s mate. It’s not miles away,,,!!!