I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We still ran our Winter league 4BBB, tell pro through window you were playing, he entered you onto PSI and handed card over, signed before and put own scores down verified at end then cards in box to be processed in 72 hours . Had the holes lifted up to 2 inches and you holed out if you had hit the hole and stayed within a grips length. Pretty much a full field and we whizzed round in 3 hrs 36, amazing :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three of us played at Grimsdyke today. I played crap, but it was just nice to be out playing while we still can. It was extremely windy, 90% of the holes were teeing off mats which I hate, and the greens were sandy and bobbly and thus impossible to read; but mostly I just can't hit irons to save my life. Unfortunately I've noticed that there are quite a few occasions when you have to do that. Blobbed five holes which is quite a lot. Only managed three pars. 27 points.

Zig

Visit site
Out at 8AM and done before 11. Sunny, links in great nic... one of those mornings where all seems good with the world. Golf was average - 34 points - but things at the moment seem to put that in perspective. Hope to be able to keep getting out, even if my golf is rubbish - think we'll all appreciate the few hours away from the real world each week.
Stay safe everyone!

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
2 man scramble today. Lovely morning for it. Came in net 10 under so nowhere near the prizes.

Didn’t shake hands, stand close to anyone etc. Had to clean hands before picking up card and then again before posting the card. Sensible and simple. Didn’t touch the flags, rakes etc.

Bit dismayed to find that the local Facebook has gone noisy with claims of ‘selfish’ golfers putting old people at risk by playing today.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Medal today, everywhere closed apart from Pro shop, and we were only allowed in one at a time to hand cards in. We collected cards from a flower bed at the front of the club.:eek: Had to mark our own cards, flags in, no ball cleaners, boxes of sand to replace divots on tees, rakes etc. Glad I was out early as bunkers were in a right state. Seems golfers at the club don't know how to use there feet and club to smooth them out.:eek: Course was in stunning condition, and the greens were so much faster than a couple of weeks back. Just a great day to be out in the sun and wind to blow away a few cobwebs.

Absolute rubbish going out and had used up all my shots plus one in the first eight holes. Last ten played like a dream, five threes including a nice birdie at the last. Had to call out our scores to the pro to input in computer, and he had a right laugh at my 47 out.:( 36 back was not so bad(y) Think it is my best ever back nine in a competition, after one of my worse front nines. Stupid game.

I made a change to the swing on the back nine, stopped lifting my left heel, so hopefully something to work on, though my right knee is now giving me jyp.:(

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ran the usual Saturday roll up.

Collected cash in the car park (wearing protective gloves). Did the draw using them (although that didn't go so well as it was like herding kids and they all wandered off).
One person per group did the cards. 4 get left on a shelf in the pro shop for collection and one photographed and posted onto the group Whatsapp I set up
Money put into bank bags (in fresh disposable gloves) to give to the winner and second tomorrow

Cash balanced and they all played off the right handicaps (we have cuts for winning and coming second)

All a bit of a suck it and see process today but getting the guys to come up individually to pay on arrival helped with distancing. Might sit at the putting green next week so the draw can be done with everyone in one place

The club has cancelled the competition tomorrow and our rakes are coming in tomorrow too. All in all things still have a degree of normality and trying to carry on as best we can

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Supposed to be in Portugal at Penina this weekend so trying to make the most out of it In the U.K.
Played Woodhall Spa yesterday, in strong cold winds so was brutal in places. Doubled 2 of the first three, but played pretty well after that, few wasted shots and 3x 3 putts, none from more than 20‘. Shot 38 points.
Played Staverton today. Similar cold, strong winds. Wasted lots of shots from around 100y in. Was better with 6 iron than a wedge. Shot 37 points.
Hollinwell tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Supposed to be in Portugal at Penina this weekend so trying to make the most out of it In the U.K.
Played Woodhall Spa yesterday, in strong cold winds so was brutal in places. Doubled 2 of the first three, but played pretty well after that, few wasted shots and 3x 3 putts, none from more than 20‘. Shot 38 points.
Played Staverton today. Similar cold, strong winds. Wasted lots of shots from around 100y in. Was better with 6 iron than a wedge. Shot 37 points.
Hollinwell tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Someones coming for @Lilyhawk at H4H ;)

AdamC28

Visit site
Went out in 3’s today, think we all did a really good job of keeping our distance from each other.
It was just a usual roll up, no comp on.
Some good golf and some not so good But in general I was just happy to be out there practicing social distancing while getting some golf in.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today as I'd signed up for the comp and didnt want to let anyone down.

Don't think I'll be playing again for a while, other than on my own.

Hard to describe but I felt a bit selfish playing with everything going on

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our club has installed a large perspex screen to protect the girl taking the money. Collect card and fill it in yourself. We did have to put it on the computer mind you.
Holes cut and cup inserted upside down. Had one short put repelled. Such is life.
Course as dry as it's been for quite some time. Still a fair bit of plugging.
Blanked two holes front 9 which ruined my score. Ended up with 31 which wasnt too bad considering I'm not playing much.
Enjoyable day out and nice to forget about what's going on for a while.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hard to describe but I felt a bit selfish playing with everything going on
My pp and I found today a release, a break from relentless grim news. We all need that at the moment don't we?

The psychology of this situation is going to be quite tough. We need to escape a little where we can for our own health.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My pp and I found today a release, a break from relentless grim news. We all need that at the moment don't we?

The psychology of this situation is going to be quite tough. We need to escape a little where we can for our own health.
I know mate. Everyones different.

Theres so much to absorb right now I'm up and down like a yoyo!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great to be out with all fairways cut, cups inverted & pins left in, though bunkers GUR & still on pick'n place in the general area. Greens all in good nick & most of the semi getting to the cutting stage.
Were out in 3's so played 'Split Six's'...... the best format, I've found for 3 balls.... anyone got another? Got rather cold into the back 9 & lost my swing altogether. Can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Following on from my decent knock last Saturday shooting -5, I went 2 better for a -7 and 43 points today to pick up the spoils again ? even left at least 3 silly putts just short so could have been even better ?

Great run of pars from the 4th through to the 7th rounded off with another on the 9th for 22 points on the turn.

Then a couple more on the 11th & 13th and a nice birdie on the 15th.

Playing the Hotchkin today then Beau Desert on Monday in a AM AM ??‍♂️

#YOTF lll ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One moment that tickled me and my pp yesterday. I walked on to a tee box and saw an unbroken, emblazoned tee. Who doesn't love a tee from a fancy club? I bent down to pick it up and the thought about virus transmission. I stopped myself inches away, pulled up and stared. I stood for 5 seconds, smiled and told my pp. We then had a ludicrous 15 second conversation about could the virus be on there. I started to laugh at the sheer stupidity of our conversation, a discussion about a wooden tee in the current situation, left the tee and walked away.

Mind, had I found a new proV1 I might have picked that up, put it in a separate pocket in my bag for 72 hours and taken my chances ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One moment that tickled me and my pp yesterday. I walked on to a tee box and saw an unbroken, emblazoned tee. Who doesn't love a tee from a fancy club? I bent down to pick it up and the thought about virus transmission. I stopped myself inches away, pulled up and stared. I stood for 5 seconds, smiled and told my pp. We then had a ludicrous 15 second conversation about could the virus be on there. I started to laugh at the sheer stupidity of our conversation, a discussion about a wooden tee in the current situation, left the tee and walked away.

Mind, had I found a new proV1 I might have picked that up, put it in a separate pocket in my bag for 72 hours and taken my chances ?
One plus (kind of) at my new c,uber is that theres very little scope to lose balls...and therefore find any.
Course boundaries aside, and most of them are a decent distance from playing areas, there's probably no more than 3 or 4 small areas where you can lose a ball, and if you hit it in them you've got a good chance of finding it.
Going to wear out balls before I lose them...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had our normal 4ball rollup knock in extraordinary circumstances - and we commented that it wasn’t that easy to focus on hitting a little white ball about.

But we followed all precautions and kept our distance from each other - and it was all just a bit normal - other than putting to a hole with an inverted cup - distracting but not as distracting as life.

It was a lovely day and nice to get out with the course looking grand and new bunkers built over winter looking fabulous - as I played and having had played I give thanks for the pleasure and companionship I get from the game and of being a member of a club such as mine - we are a most fortunate small section of society.

I may well go for a few holes myself later today and maybe my wife will come and walk with me, I suspect lockdown will come very soon and we won’t be able to.