I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 17920

Played yesterday on the bracken. Was really impressed on how dry it was.

Even played quite well. And won the cash so that helped.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Phase 1 of Fragger's handicap rehabilitation complete...
1st card for over a year in and we got absolutely drenched......
My usual mixture of sublime and ridiculous but I did par the 17th which means it's taken me 8 rounds to par every hole on the course.
Dont know if that's good, bad or indifferent but it was probably the only positive from today.
I'll let him tell you how he got on....
Wait till summer, tees back and really nice quick greens with some pretty zippy breaks.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've looked at some putts I've had and those that others have and wondered just how far they would roll by in the summer ..
I think the 4th has 2 levels and the pin is cut usually 12-20” on the second level. The problem is your second shot has to get to the second level or you will roll back into the valley and be chipping back. That is a quick green and will break the chokers .. just ram it in the cup through the break.
A lot of the greens are about where you land the ball. The good thing is I don’t ever remember the ball skipping about it was always true but the pace could be frightening if you don’t like a quick green.
I used to use a scotty del mar around their in summer any thing light and sensitive is probably the best to put with.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just played my final game for the foreseeable future. (Personally, am content that a sensible & prudent 3ball is lower risk than most activities but Mrs B is rather more anxious, so I'll be curtailing for the while). Was a new course for me - The Addington - and played pretty well for14 holes (but pants for the random 4 others). Still, was good enough to take the money.

Shame, but am going to miss the guys over next few weeks or whatever.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Course still quite busy.

Vets comps cancelled, but all still out. Half a dozen buggies in use for medical purposes only ?

Lovely day for it and 34 points keeps me happy.

Think the green staff were taking the pee a little. They were actively watering some homes ??

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played West Lancs today in Liverpool Alliance.
Course in very nice condition for time of year.
Some water still on fairways on back nine though.
No rakes in the bunkers and members / visitors just not bothering to even try and smooth out ,had some shockers in our fourball.
The water has took all the fire out of the course and no dodgy bounces.
Really enjoyed it. Even though I never holed a thing!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Been a busy week, forgot to check in.

Played Sunday at Colmworth GC in Bedford. Horrible conditions really, cold and wet - that thick drizzle that just soaks you.

+6 for the front 9, including a tap in birdie after sticking my 150 approach shot to a foot.

Struggled a little on the back but came in +10 for a combined +16 and 35 points.

Very happy with where my game is right now, please don't shut the golf courses!

D

Deleted member 16999

Played for 3rd day in a row, all on my own all around 3pm, course was busiest today with at least another 10-12 people on the course:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gross 75 today, 6 over, (4 under handicap) 4 birdies, but 2 double bogeys spoilt the mood.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Cheeky 78 for 37 points today in a strengthening breeze from the opposite end of the course to normal.
A couple of birdies and not many dodgy shots...
Quiet to start but more people out a bit later.
Ball washers taken in but rakes still out there
No word on comps or bat yet but expecting an email this afternoon.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played at Nairn this moring, though there was a frost first thing all gone by the time we all tee's off.
As the clubhourse is closed we met on the firts tee did the draw there. Back on the full course and mats no longer in use.
A fantastic day weather wise Bright sunshine with not a breath of wind. Flags with the cups upside down so the ball would just sit a inch below the surface and all rakes removed.

hit it pretty well TBH 5 birdies 1 bog, rest pars, about as well as i've ever hit my irons TBH, not a bad shot in there, esp the chips and going back to grass for the first time is always a test.. looking forward to my last game of my winter membership at ND tomorrow so no doubt will play crap

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Played with a few pals yesterday. Last round all in a group for a while I expect as will have parenting duties for a while....

Front 9 was probably the best stretch of holes for me since the front 9 at Addington. 2 over through 8, albeit a 6 on the 9th ruined it.

second 9 and the wind stepped up a notch or two and we hit the back of a group of four balls. Much slower and it certainly affected me when it shouldn’t. Still broke 90 but what could have been.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Popped out to the range after my first day working from home.

Bad decision. The temperature outside the range was a fairly pleasant 9-10 degrees.

Inside the range, a massive and bitterly cold wind was howling right into the bays. Half my balls dropped out of the sky, the other half I’m sure actually came back towards me. I was dressed for pleasantly mild weather. I’m now recovering from a mild case of hypothermia. I’ve never hit 50 balls so quickly and so pointlessly.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, it was windy today.
The course is looking better and I played some reasonable golf until I had a short chip or pitch to negotiate.
Driving was iffy over the front nine but, after a small change in set up, I was a back nine driving God!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The two busiest days of the year at my course are the captain's drive in and drive out. Today was the next busiest I've seen it, people needing to get out and escape the madness. Flags were in, rakes in bunkers, competition entry via touchscreen computer ?.

My pp and I decided not to enter the comp, call bunkers as gur, give putts when close. We had a great time, lovely morning. It was a little breezy but no more. I managed to get more consistent with what I was shown at a recent lesson and that was a big bonus.

The two of us left with big grins on our faces, hoping that courses remain open.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
PLayed medal today, course in spectacular condition. Unbelievable the progress made in 2 weeks if decent weather. Clubhouse closed, no rakes, touching ban on the flagsticks, golf holes upturned, social distancing but still hugely enjoyable and therapeutic. Weather stunning and nature abundant.