I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
9 hole roll up after a very consistent day before I was a bit all over the place today.... still, 19 points on freshly tined & sanded greens and a blob on the 5th is a win in my book.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
After the less than impressive Stoke Park it was back to the Zoo today with CVG and his mate.
Started blob, par, blob.......:rolleyes:
Great start...but then played to handicap for the rest of the round so not horrific.
Had 3 decent birdie chances and they all lipped out without touching the flag.
CVG's mate Chris went away very impressed with the Zoo and reckoned our greens were miles better than the aforementioned overpriced place.
Took the spoils with 32 points.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Day out at Coxmoor on their Winter Warmer, cracking deal for £45. new clubhouse looking good . Course in good nick and once all the on course work is done and greened over it's going to be stunning . Shot 3 over

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
After the less than impressive Stoke Park it was back to the Zoo today with CVG and his mate.
Started blob, par, blob.......:rolleyes:
Great start...but then played to handicap for the rest of the round so not horrific.
Had 3 decent birdie chances and they all lipped out without touching the flag.
CVG's mate Chris went away very impressed with the Zoo and reckoned our greens were miles better than the aforementioned overpriced place.
Took the spoils with 32 points.
Not the same without you beating your brother into submission though is it

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First comp of the year but a bit away from Q comps yet. First off the back sticks after a well shortened course over winter.

Typically the toughest comp of the year and it didn't disappoint. Course shut with rain all weekend and still pouring for the first 6 holes.

Played some good stuff but yippy on short putts. Even missed a 1 foot birdie putt. Did manage to finish bird par bird for a top 10 35 points.

50yard pitch from fairway bunker on 18 to 6 foot on the last the highlight.

Just found out I won the back 9 prize for this. 21 points. I'll take it :)

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bass Rock Golf Club Spring Meeting today - glorious sunshine but a stiff westerly made the front 9 a survival job. A helping tail wind on the back 9 blew us home in quick time and managed a nett 72 which at 1 under SSS should hopefully give me a handicap staring with an 8 for the first time ever. Pleased to play a medal round with no doubles in it - a rarity for me. Amazing what a difference it makes when the putter is behaving.

Edit: CSS up to 74 so should be down to 8.7 on Monday - happy bunny - beer opened.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Absolute crock of shhhhhh, it’s official, I hate foursomes 😟

And whoever says ‘if you play the par 3’s well you’ll have a good score’ is full of think brown smelly stuff also, as we parred all the par 3’s and will be lucky if we’re not last😳

Gone from striking the ball pure on Wednesday to swinging like an epileptic Weeble on speed today 🤪

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm itching to play, haven't swung a club since November due to breaking my 4th metacarpal in December.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
First proper 18 of the year down at Lewes yesterday and came in with a solid 37 points. Work over the winter has seriously paid off and loving the additions of 4iron and 19º hybrid to the bag. Looking forward to getting back out next week hopefully and building on it.

Hackers76

Visit site
Proper bandit today get 40 points in our weekly knock and getting cut down to 14 from 24. Didn’t play much different to my normal low scoring weeks, the only difference being I didn’t follow a bad shot with another and got out of trouble well.
Struggled over a few years with back problems which are now past me, this round has given me massive confidence that the handicap can come down to the teens this summer.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Two days st Princes in Kent. Very enjoyable, yesterday shot 85 around the Himalayas/ Shore, excellent dinner in the Lodge after. Today we played the Shore/ Dunes loop. It was very slow today, I’m pretty sure Keegan Bradley was in front of us. The wind got up a bit today too so not as good as yesterday, waiting on every shot, battered by the breeze, no rythmn and too easy to lose concentration, ended up with 89. It’s an enjoyable setup but not good to play as a two ball.

D

Deleted member 3432

A first for me today. Stuck my name down to play just after 10-00 (very rarely play on Saturday) and would be making up a fourball with people I hadn't played with before. Not a problem for me I enjoy playing with different folk.

Was on the putting green and I noticed a conversation taking play between on the 1st tee. Outcome of this was 'my group and the group before' play together every week, 2 have not turned up so the remaining 4 will go out together and me and the other bloke who put his name down to make up the fourball like myself would have to play as a 2 ball.

So basically we were not welcome to join in their game..... Quite pathetic really and totally needless. Was quite funny on the course as it was busy obviously and they were all chopping it about so we were up their back (no point in playing through as we would be behind more fourballs) and they were rushing to keep ahead of us.

Going to make a point in finding out who they are so I can make sure of avoiding them in comps.

I think in about 35 years of golfing this is the 1st time I have experienced this. Chuckling to myself about the stupidity of some folk.

Anyhow I enjoyed the company of my playing partner and played ok, I couple of bad swings but 4 birdies so some positives for the season ahead.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A first for me today. Stuck my name down to play just after 10-00 (very rarely play on Saturday) and would be making up a fourball with people I hadn't played with before. Not a problem for me I enjoy playing with different folk.

Was on the putting green and I noticed a conversation taking play between on the 1st tee. Outcome of this was 'my group and the group before' play together every week, 2 have not turned up so the remaining 4 will go out together and me and the other bloke who put his name down to make up the fourball like myself would have to play as a 2 ball.

So basically we were not welcome to join in their game..... Quite pathetic really and totally needless. Was quite funny on the course as it was busy obviously and they were all chopping it about so we were up their back (no point in playing through as we would be behind more fourballs) and they were rushing to keep ahead of us.

Going to make a point in finding out who they are so I can make sure of avoiding them in comps.

I think in about 35 years of golfing this is the 1st time I have experienced this. Chuckling to myself about the stupidity of some folk.

Anyhow I enjoyed the company of my playing partner and played ok, I couple of bad swings but 4 birdies so some positives for the season ahead.
Totally unacceptable in this day and age and I'd be kicking up a bit of a stink and finding out who they were and reporting it.