I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I Played this morning in the same format

I started horrendously with a double and triple in the first 3 holes but completed the round in just 6 over. 2 additional singles one birdie and the rest pars.

We won ours by 3 points.

Loved the weather I reckoned I was getting an extra 10 yards with the irons.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went up to Wallasey with 2 others and our Pro today and had a great time . Course in great nick and really enjoyed it , will be back in the Summer for the England Golf Seniors series .

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played a singles friendly today and am deeply concerned to have lost what, on paper, looked an easy win 😩😩

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played rubbish today, but I did hit my longest ever drive on our 18th. Must have hit two sprinkler heads.:whistle: Nice wedge into the green which spun back thirty yards short of the pin.:(

Good to see at my ripe old age I am still getting longer.:eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spent an hour on the putting green last night (swapped to an Anser model again) and was finding a groove. Decided to play our first, second eighth and ninth to try it on the course. For no reason felt quite nervous on the greens trying to get the line and pace right but putted well enough. Hit it poorly so that's my practice for tonight. On the plus side got the results from Sunday's comp and finished fifth from bottom in my division. Can't believe four other choppers were worse than me

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
12 of us had a courtesy at Reading yesterday as we were tining and verti draining at ours.

Lovely day once it go to around noon. Course was in very nice condition for time of year. Got us all in the mood for the upcoming season.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

First Senior’s Section Comp today, Captain v Vice-Captain Team event & 4BBB, me and partner off 9 & 13 v 2 blokes off 15 & 19.
Played really well, had 21 points after 9 they had 25 points and were also 3 down. Lost the match 5&4, we finished with 41 points, they had 47!
It’s full of bandits :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
First Senior’s Section Comp today, Captain v Vice-Captain Team event & 4BBB, me and partner off 9 & 13 v 2 blokes off 15 & 19.
Played really well, had 21 points after 9 they had 25 points and were also 3 down. Lost the match 5&4, we finished with 41 points, they had 47!
It’s full of bandits :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But did they smell of wee?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A tale of 2 halves today. Very, very breezy.

Out in 46, 9 over par, and back in 34, 1 under par. 2 over par net, and in second place 4 shots behind the winner. Front 9 had a number of rank bad mistakes. Back 9 had one 3 putt from not very far away and several missed, makable birdie putts.

How windy was it? On a short 140yd par 3 I usually hit an 8 iron. Today I hit a full out, perfect 5 iron to 3 feet past the pin.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Chipping practice last night. Shocking. Seemed to have lost all feeling of connection including with the linear method as well as a more conventional version. Was hitting off muddy/bare lies to replicate the course at the moment and was better when I put one on a grassy lie. Got bored so did the same four hole loop as I had done with putting and played each one and then put a couple of balls around the green. Thinned the nuts off each one bar the fat one that when shorter than the divot. I've always struggled with chipping but feel I'm reaching a new low. Looking for my V-Easy tonight. On plus side once I got onto a green I putted better and hit it well off the tee

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First time at houghwood this year. First time I’ve broke 36pts. Ended up on 38 😀 was off the yellows, but I’m still takin it.

Driver good, hybrids good, irons poor. Chippin an puttin good

I won’t be missin the apexs on that performance! Roll on the v6s

The course playing as good as I’ve seen it

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Second round in 2 days, and same result. Like yesterday, it was blowing a hoolie. Different course today. Unlike yesterday I was consistent throughout the round. Highlight was the putter. Knock in some good 6-8 footers.

And like yesterday, second place. Lost out on count back. Rimmed out on 17 & 18 for birdie, one from about 15 feet, and the other from about 8 feet.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last match in the semi final round robin of the County Seniors Scratch 4BBB away at Kington and we needed a half to go though but went one better and won 3-0 .
Both my partner and I played really well in a tight game against two great guys and after an exchange of holes we had 12 straight halves before we went one up on 14 then won the last to be 2 up .

Will now be playing Hawkstone Park in the Final :D