I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A first for me today. Stuck my name down to play just after 10-00 (very rarely play on Saturday) and would be making up a fourball with people I hadn't played with before. Not a problem for me I enjoy playing with different folk.

Was on the putting green and I noticed a conversation taking play between on the 1st tee. Outcome of this was 'my group and the group before' play together every week, 2 have not turned up so the remaining 4 will go out together and me and the other bloke who put his name down to make up the fourball like myself would have to play as a 2 ball.

So basically we were not welcome to join in their game..... Quite pathetic really and totally needless. Was quite funny on the course as it was busy obviously and they were all chopping it about so we were up their back (no point in playing through as we would be behind more fourballs) and they were rushing to keep ahead of us.

Going to make a point in finding out who they are so I can make sure of avoiding them in comps.

I think in about 35 years of golfing this is the 1st time I have experienced this. Chuckling to myself about the stupidity of some folk.

Anyhow I enjoyed the company of my playing partner and played ok, I couple of bad swings but 4 birdies so some positives for the season ahead.

this type of behaviour is pretty poor, seen this type of thing before, but sound like you didn't miss anything and now you know to avoid these clowns

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
lovely day at Muir of ord though windy, wasn't a Ts but a 3 man team stableford with 1 score on first 6, two and and all 3 on last.

quite slow as the team in from of us lost 2 holes on the group in front of them withing the first 3 holes and was over 3 by the time we crossed the railway. pretty poor really. over 3 and half hours, doesn't sound that slow, but waited on every shot

D

Deleted member 16999

Very inconsistent today in slightly difficult conditions!
But a 2 on the 17th lifted the spirits..

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
First medal of the season, swung it ok, aside from a top out of a bad lie where the ball ended up going backwards, and then a top from a good lie in a hazard, leading to a quad on 18, add in many loose shots around the green and I ended up comfortably over handicap.

Weather was glorious, and plenty to be hopeful about for the season ahead.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
played with the BiL today and after a fairly decent start it soon went wrong with a couple of duff chips on the same hole and the dreaded double bogey was written on the card. then the driver ,or the idiot weilding it put two balls oob off the next tee and from then on it was a fight to stop the rot from getting worse ,i managed to put a few pars together before that nutter who put two in the boon docks earlier in the round decided that he wanted to play again and another lost ball and reload.it all ended up being a poor round with little make me think that it will turn around next time out . the biggest plus on the day was my new spider putter ,it saved me from a far worse score than what was carded

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Totally inept. 24 points flat out so safe to say I missed the buffer. Unsurprisingly lying last in my division when I left. Hitting the club this week now the weather looks better to try a couple of different putters and work on my basics and stroke and then hit some balls and find my lost swing

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
39 points yesterday in an Easter hamper comp. Non Q for at least another month by the looks of things.

Good for 18th place. Course playing easy in its shortened form. Greens were atrocious after being sanded spiked and what not.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lashing rain and a 4 club wind made today very unpleasant. 4 and half hours not helped by the weather, or the group in front of us who tee's off 40 mins before us and we still caught them on the 2nd and they were in Buggies, luckily they gave up on the 12th and went in or we would still be out there now:(

Had not a bad score but a couple of dropped shots in the last couple, had to take driver on 17th and then only just cleared the Burn...

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Mowsbury in Bedford today - course in poor condition, greens were some of the slowest I've played on. Came in with a pleasing 37 points, 1 under my HCP despite to triple bogey blobs!

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Our annual Augusta 9 hole par 3 challenge where our front 9 is set up to the same yardages as Augusta’s par 3 course. Par 3’s are a bit of a weakness but shot a 2 over gross and felt I didn’t play well. Only hit 3 greens, chipping and putting was great.

mister v

Visit site
Played in our captains day, brilliant turn out, in fact so good he had to change it to an 8.30 am and 1pm shot gun start to get everyone in!! I played with 3 other members who i'd not played with before and had a great time, comedy gold all the way round which is probably why i hit the ball so well and came in on half the holes (best 2 out of 4 to count)
Really practicing this year and confident of getting my handicap down

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played on Saturday, three of us went to Radlett Park which was my mate's choice for his birthday round. Have played there once before, quite a nice course and a tad tougher than we're used to I think. Funny old round for me, I played quite well and managed 33 points, but that was in spite of fatting a hell of a lot of irons. The course was sodden and muddy in places and I just fatted it so many times. I only scored well because my driving and chipping were both excellent so I was able to carry the one fatted iron per hole and make a lot of bogeys. No blobs, no 7s, but I let myself down a bit at the end because my last five holes were all 6s so only six points scored on those, would have been quite a good score if I hadn't have lost it at the end like that.

D

Deleted member 21258

Some games just make you want to scream, had two of them on the trot at different courses, that's not cricket old chap. It was a tad annoying:LOL:

Driving great, putting great, chipping good and couldn't almost hit a green in regulation (swapped my irons after the 1st game, that helped not, those pxgs are going to be sold if they don't start working :poop:). Didn't lose a ball over the two games, novel experience, conclude the golf was a success as a result.

Great to be out there, see you for some more punishment this week.:love:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Strange game this morning. Absolutely hopeless to start with, was on 6 points after 7 holes. Then long game clicked, and I racked up 25 points over the remaining 11 to end up with 31.

Putting was my biggest bugbear, 17th a case in point - on the fringe in 2, ended up taking a 6. Missed at least 4 putts from within 4 feet during the course of the round. On a more positive note, my new 4 iron had it's first outing, and was working well, going straight and long. Next step is to try it off the tee.