I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
last game at Nairn Dunbar today from the winter memberships, for me anyway. runs out Sunday night. Course in good condition back on the full course, greens and tee's.

Played Hickory with the boys, We won the front 9 quite comparably, but struggled back into the wind on the back 9, lost that and the match, still enjoyable though.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
All the practice is starting to pay off....

Only 3 over gross for the pros roll up on the front 9 today (playing off 12) gross 39 for 21 points

Had to take an unplayable lie on the 7th too

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Decent front 9 of 1 over handicap but a shocker on the back.
Woods, hybrids, wedges , putter all working respectably..
Irons...jeez I hit one decent iron shot all day. Just couldn't find the middle of the club.
Try again tomorrow.......

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Last game up at Newbiggin as winter membership runs out tomorrow. Beautiful sunny day, but a bit windy (nothing new there!).

Played well enough for 33 points, though putting very poor again and cost me a good few shots. Might be time for a putting lesson.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Hacked it round Culcabock today, short game was excellent but rest was garbage.
My brother though has had a couple of lessons and was absolutely smashing it, sad news for me 😂😂

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Chipping practice last night. Shocking. Seemed to have lost all feeling of connection including with the linear method as well as a more conventional version. Was hitting off muddy/bare lies to replicate the course at the moment and was better when I put one on a grassy lie. Got bored so did the same four hole loop as I had done with putting and played each one and then put a couple of balls around the green. Thinned the nuts off each one bar the fat one that when shorter than the divot. I've always struggled with chipping but feel I'm reaching a new low. Looking for my V-Easy tonight. On plus side once I got onto a green I putted better and hit it well off the tee

Man up and get yourself a chipper!

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Three games this week
Monday 36 pts and our four won the money
Tuesday 37 pts and I won the roll up
Wednesday - Seniors match we halved our game after being two down with two to play away as the team lost. I would have had 36 pts again - (gimmes were all very close) . Rich vein of form at present - let"s hope it continues tomorrow.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Man up and get yourself a chipper!
You are on the hit list!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather stick rusty nails in my eyes or give up playing!!

The problem is I know I can do it and it's 99.9% mental with me. Think it's something I need to bin in terms of different styles (yes I've been flipping between conventional and linear - AGAIN) and grind it out on the putting green. On the plus side we should get more grass around the greens soon. When I can get it working in practice I'm so much more confident on the course and can see and play the shots without issue. When I know I am getting flicky or not turning properly everything is done to get the shot over with asap with minimal damage

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are on the hit list!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather stick rusty nails in my eyes or give up playing!!

The problem is I know I can do it and it's 99.9% mental with me. Think it's something I need to bin in terms of different styles (yes I've been flipping between conventional and linear - AGAIN) and grind it out on the putting green. On the plus side we should get more grass around the greens soon. When I can get it working in practice I'm so much more confident on the course and can see and play the shots without issue. When I know I am getting flicky or not turning properly everything is done to get the shot over with asap with minimal damage

Hey, I've been feeling that pain for 18 months now!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Need to start group counselling on here. I don't think we're alone, just brave enough to admit My name is Homer/Slime and I/we have a problem

lets hope the 3 of us don't ever play in the same group! I can imagine it being like the Top Gear specials where there is the crappy car as a back up, but it would be a chipper instead!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
lets hope the 3 of us don't ever play in the same group! I can imagine it being like the Top Gear specials where there is the crappy car as a back up, but it would be a chipper instead!
I can see an H4H or other meet group being arranged for us already. We could have a game of jeopardy and player one starts with the chipper but as soon as the next one duffs a chip they carry it and whoever has it at the end gets the beer in

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
First qualifier of the year and I'm leader in the clubhouse

Mind you, when we left we were the only 2 entrants...
The club calendar missed offline of our 6 comps and we were waiting for info as to when this comp was.
Nothing on the board yesterday when we left about noon....
Info sheet on the board at 7am this morning so I guess hardly anyone knows and not many will enter.
Played extremely averagely but at least my irons were better.
Seemed to get every bad bounce, lie and luck going.
Were still recovering from the summer and areas around the greens can be very bare or clumpy.
3 times my ball was in a hole between 3 clumps of grass - not ideal when you need to chip about 15 feet....
3 x 45° kicks into bunkers, one ending up plugged...
Still....8.2 has a certain ring to it.....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I can see an H4H or other meet group being arranged for us already. We could have a game of jeopardy and player one starts with the chipper but as soon as the next one duffs a chip they carry it and whoever has it at the end gets the beer in
#
I would happily be part of that but it would need to be a double sided chipper as I stand on the other side of the ball.
maybe the last person should make a donation to H4H