I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
back on the full course today for the first time. not the best day for it with a very strong wind,

Hit a great shot on the first avoided the new drive bunkers, but still had 195 to the flag (holes is now 30 yards longer) 2nd again hit a good tee shot right between the new drive bunkers. didn't zap the flag, but hit a 3 wood as well as i can but was still 40 yards short of the green. Rest of the course is similar apart from the new drive bunkers apart from 6th which if anything is easier as 5 bunkers have been removed, but still needed a 2 iron to reach today. the new 7th is a beast the old hole was 500 off the white into the wind the new whits is 540 with a drive bunker at 240, which i made today despite the wind, hit 3 wood 5 iron and only just made the front:( 14th is a bit longer its was 220 to the middle despite the card saying 215 to the front as the black tee isn't built yet?? but at least you can afford to be long now the old green always best to be short than long. 16th was a bit easier with no burn and 18 again a bit hrader as the green is 25% smaller.

is summery a much harder course, though some holes are a bit easier around the green

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can see an H4H or other meet group being arranged for us already. We could have a game of jeopardy and player one starts with the chipper but as soon as the next one duffs a chip they carry it and whoever has it at the end gets the beer in

The problem with that is, if I were to use the chipper, I may find it works and then won't hand it over!

D

Deleted member 23344

Played Lanzarote Golf Club today ... nice course. 26 points ... pleased with that as it was a new course for me and I played with a hire set of the wrong flex (golf clubs never have hire sets with senior flex). I would recommend it to anyone holidaying there.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played 18 in glorious sunshine this afternoon. Played Ok-ish. Shot 78 (+6) with 3 birdies. Was doggy do off the tee but played some nice long irons, including a 3 iron to 10ft from 210 yds on our Par 5 18th. Chipping and putting were very decent and saved me quite a few shots.

Comp day tomorrow. No doubt all the bad shots will return with a vengeance 😇

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played 18 in glorious sunshine this afternoon. Played Ok-ish. Shot 78 (+6) with 3 birdies. Was doggy do off the tee but played some nice long irons, including a 3 iron to 10ft from 210 yds on our Par 5 18th. Chipping and putting were very decent and saved me quite a few shots.

Comp day tomorrow. No doubt all the bad shots will return with a vengeance 😇

Steady stuff mate 👍👍

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beautiful day so popped up the club . Found someoneone on the putting green who fancied a few holes (he wanting a bit of practice as he's in a winter final tomorrow. And also seems we've been drawn against each other in round 1 the forthcoming club championship). Pottered around smacking a few balls for 10 holes (behind a string of fourballs). Nice banter, nice day, good scores on holes. Absolutely enjoyable. This should be why we play!

D

Deleted member 16999

Ind Stab today, first off at 7:00am, really played well, couple of disappointing Par 3’s on the back 9, a bogey and a double bogey, the double came after hitting my initial tee shot through the back and oob.
37 pts

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Played darenth valley.
Didn’t hit a fairway.
Irons were ok.
Played last 7 holes level par.
Have developed a high fade with my driver which is annoying.
Off to the range tomorrow

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now that was proper golf today! Shorts and t-shirt weather, no wind, beautiful! Shot 35 points, pretty good round save for two horror show blobs. 20 of those points were on the last 8 holes.

Tried a new kind of putting routine, I was quite happy with it going forward. Never had any kind of routine before really but I'm hoping it puts me in a good place to be more confident on the greens. I also holed one of my best ever chips, bumped it with an 8 iron landing it in the rough so it crept onto the green and rolled down a slope into the hole. Shame it was only for a bogey, ha. Lots of positives though really.

Wolf

Visit site
Been manic with work last few weeks so barely touched a club in 2 weeks, today Played 10 holes after work.

All I can say was it was a decent walk in good weather as for the golf absolute crap.. Had no idea how to swing, where the ball was going to go and couldn't make any sort of repeatable action. Bodes well for tomorrow's comp. I feel 0.1 comibg back and a head start for Imurg in our H4H wager...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
30 points in the Saturday roll up. Actually felt I swung it better than the score suggests and frittered a couple of daft shots away between 5-9. Nice steady back nine and feeling as though a good score is close

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
30 points in the Saturday roll up. Actually felt I swung it better than the score suggests and frittered a couple of daft shots away between 5-9. Nice steady back nine and feeling as though a good score is close

I guess you were chipping much better ................................. what changed?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
13 holes last night in cracking weather, zero warmup as it was straight from work - +5 for the first 5 holes, +1 for the next 8 - didn’t hit it that well, but short game was good, holed a couple of nice putts too.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I guess you were chipping much better ................................. what changed?
A couple of poor chips in there still but everything just seemed so much smoother. Went back to linear chipping and pitching and had more confidence again. Holed a few more putts with the Anser back in the bag too. Felt I left 3-4 points out there so close to being very respectable. Try again tomorrow

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Haven't played in months and went out today - spent most of the round trying to figure my swing out before giving up and just letting nature (no swing thoughts etc) take it course - unfortunately I realised this at the 16th.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played today, and boy was it a blast. Lucky enough to have had one of the lessons GM offered up in the last round w/ clive tucker and going to say the drill / lesson worked wonder. Good weather for it as well.

Just a friendly knock but I went +3 over the front nine (playing off 24) and a dicey back 9 saw me end the round 10 under handicap, and that was with my putter letting me down. Monthly medal tomorrow, fingered crossed.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tain open.... crap weather again blowing and showers. played well apart from putting, could just not get the pace and was either miles past or short then inevitably missed coming back. 11 three putts, 85 gross.

ive i new nickmane 3 putt pat... :(