I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Silly old game.

Not picked a club up for 3 weeks.

Was running late so only had time for a dozen pitches in the net as a warmup so expectations were low.

Best round in approx 10 years with 5 birdies (3 tap ins including one from 6 inches on a par 3).

'Bogey' comp, so finished at +5 (would have been -9 net in medal or 45 stableford points).

I must play less more often! :LOL:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A round at Blundells Hill with Karl, BrexitBluewolf an LB. Driver ok, hybrid 👍🏻👍🏻 Irons good, wedges/chippin 👎🏻 not what it has been. Putting ok on tricky fast greens.

We played that Russian stableford which I’m not a big fan of 🤣 so I just kept my own score of 37pts (with a blob)

Blundells much better than I remember, playing very well considering the time of year.

Cheers fellas 👍🏻

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Got beat by the old man for the second time in a row!!

Fortunately on Stableford only, if he gets my on strokes i'll be miffed!

Only 32 points, driver good, in fact all full shots were good, but anything in between was shocking!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played my first proper round of the year today, Winter League 4BBB, I played awful golf.

I reckon I've lost 10 to 30 yards depending on the club and putted terribly too, culminating in a three putt on the last to gift a 1 up win to the opposition.
To be expected I suppose but still disappointing.

I'm playing vintage golf with some deranged chaps on Wednesday so a range visit will be in order tomorrow night to try and find something remotely resembling a swing.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Great to see Backwoodsman(Jerry) out here in Spain again. He joined us yesterday for a 4 man Texas. Although a little shaky early on he soon settled down. By the end of the round he was known as Jerry le putt, as he knocked in several very long putts for birdie. The final birdie, on the last, followed his chip to no more than 2 inches.

Everyone on the team contributed well. To the turn in 1 under gross, including a bogey on 9. The back 9 was excellent, 4 under, with 3 of the birdies coming in the last 4 holes. Gross 66 - 5.7, and a win by 1.6 shots.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played my first proper round of the year today, Winter League 4BBB, I played awful golf.

I reckon I've lost 10 to 30 yards depending on the club and putted terribly too, culminating in a three putt on the last to gift a 1 up win to the opposition.
To be expected I suppose but still disappointing.

I'm playing vintage golf with some deranged chaps on Wednesday so a range visit will be in order tomorrow night to try and find something remotely resembling a swing.

Good to see yo back with weapons in hand Nick. Just take it easy matey👏👍

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Dummer golf course yesterday with the son in law and shot 87 with 3 7’s and 2 missed par putts from less than a foot 🤬
Finished with 34 points so pretty happy with that.
No lost balls for 5 rounds.
Looking forward to my trip to “the zoo” on Wednesday

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Dummer golf course yesterday with the son in law and shot 87 with 3 7’s and 2 missed par putts from less than a foot 🤬
Finished with 34 points so pretty happy with that.
No lost balls for 5 rounds.
Looking forward to my trip to “the zoo” on Wednesday

Well done James. You will enjoy the Zoo and your hosts hospitality isn’t bad either. Just be careful driving up the track.

D

Deleted member 25172

20 points front 9, 8 points back nine. Silly game.
Highlight of the day the Forrest rave that was still going at 9:30 am with the untz untz just next to our first par five. I hit a really rhythmic approach shot there.

Even funnier. We finish the round about 12. Have a drink, talk through the round and my mate goes home. As already said, my back 9 was so poor I simply couldn’t leave. I headed out on the course again. Approaching the first par 5 for the second time of the day and what can I hear? Oh yeah, the rave is still going strong, now at 2:30 pm.

Kids these days etc etc. 😀😀😀

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20 points front 9, 8 points back nine. Silly game.
Highlight of the day the Forrest rave that was still going at 9:30 am with the untz untz just next to our first par five. I hit a really rhythmic approach shot there.

Even funnier. We finish the round about 12. Have a drink, talk through the round and my mate goes home. As already said, my back 9 was so poor I simply couldn’t leave. I headed out on the course again. Approaching the first par 5 for the second time of the day and what can I hear? Oh yeah, the rave is still going strong, now at 2:30 pm.

Kids these days etc etc. 😀😀😀

Where did you play