I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 17920

18 on the Hotchkin with Cameron Dan and Joel in fine spring sunshine.

New bats got there 1st outing today and behaved really well. Very pleased with the investment.

I think @Captainron was even shocked at how high I was hitting it, back 9 I got lazy and tired so I left him To win the match on the 18th for us double digit chompers 👏

D

Deleted member 17920

Played my first proper round of the year today, Winter League 4BBB, I played awful golf.

I reckon I've lost 10 to 30 yards depending on the club and putted terribly too, culminating in a three putt on the last to gift a 1 up win to the opposition.
To be expected I suppose but still disappointing.

I'm playing vintage golf with some deranged chaps on Wednesday so a range visit will be in order tomorrow night to try and find something remotely resembling a swing.
Fantastic news you are back playing Nick 👌

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Card 4 of the spring league today. 2 guys had the cards in so me and my mate had a target set to improve the overall score by 17 points.

We battled hard as we both started slowly but finally made the 17 point goal by the 15th hole. Just as well as it was only eagles on the last 3 holes that I could chip in with any points. Had a 25 footer for eagle but slipped by.

Target met and our best week total so far.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
41 with two blobs = 41. Why mention two blobs? It doesn't change anything?
It's extra information. We are here to discuss golf, why not embellish a bit? It's no different to saying you got 3 birdies or whatever. Mostly I think it shows how consistent you were. Earlier this year I got 30 points with 6 blobs on a round, which tells you I was wildly inconsistent that day. If I got 30 points with no blobs you'd know I was consistently mediocre rather than fluctuating between good holes and bad holes.

Unless you'd rather this thread was just a dispassionate list of golf scores with no embellishment whatsoever.
"Played comp, scored 33."
"Played roll-up, scored net 70."
I think that would be a bit boring personally.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Very pleasant conditions today, nice being out there. Had a good look at the new bunker work on 2 holes, going to really improve them both.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pairs stableford (better ball). Played with my normal partner and it wasn't until I was teeing the ball up on the first that he chirped up that he hadn't played since between Christmas and the new year. After he topped it 20 yards on the 1st and then was out of contention on the 2nd I thought it was going to be a long day. He then woke up. We did ok but it all went a bit flat on the back nine and finished on 41 (21 out, 20 back) which was nowhere. Doubt it'll be top 10

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
74 again.
29 putts
4/13 fairway
8/18 greens (4 being par3’s)

Last three rounds have shown I don’t need to hit fairways but I need to make sure I work a little more on my putter.
Short game and putter are where my handicap is.

Feel your pain. Shot a 77 with 38 putts today, all my dropped shots on back 9 were with three putts.

As discussed in other threads, the length of course certainly helps, but some early promising signs for new season and getting down from 11.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First comp of the year yesterday and 0.1 off so a good start to the season. Totally unexpected as on Friday I played like a Muppet.

D

Deleted member 21258

Bit of a day trip to Saunton on saturday to eventually play it this year, hope I managed to play it more in this year.

Teed off just before 9.20am, 18 holes on the east course then lunch and 18 holes at the west, all packed up and in the van by 5.30 and back on the road, amazingly free flowing on the course and road.

Played good on the East and shot just under handicap, afternoon driving great but my iron/putter game went to pot as pooped.

Great amount of glass in the clubhouse and brilliant view from the clubhouse

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good man. What's the target for 2019? Three?

Decent start to the season. Where were you standing when you left the club. Have you got a chance of winning?
I came 6th in my division. A few really good scores due to no wind and soft conditions. Hopefully get back go 3 this year now that my health issues are a year behind me. I have also put the 1.5 stone back on that I lost, which has helped.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Which holes Gordon? The recent works on the 8th have made it a different hole almost.
10th and 11th, 12th has also been done since you last came over. You'll need to pop over for another game 👍