I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 21258

Cracking day off work and thanks to the people on here who recommended playing Cleeve Hill Golf Club. Thanks the course is so much fun.

A hilly course, fantastic views, good strong walk, wonderful setting and £32 for the 3 of us what isn't there to like about it. well apart from 8 degrees with a bit of wind felt freezing ;), hid under the old falling down greenkeepers shed to get out of a rain shower near the 7th green, had our lunch whilst waiting. Perfect timing :coffee:

After the first 3 holes of not much to say, the course really gets going, so much space around, more than a few blind shots, four cracking par 3s and the view as you walk over the hill on 13 and see the green set in the old fort and Cheltenham(including the race course) over the back was worth the green fee alone. Son drove the mental 370ish par 4 17th, I drove the quarry hole to the right instead, managed to get a par.

Still buzzy, so much fun had.

Visit site
First time swinging since early November
Went to the range and just worked down my irons from 7 down to 2 iron
Was surprisingly rhythmic and often very straight - with most clubs
Seems promising for my 1st round later in the week - preparing for 1st European Handicap Qualifiers in March - better practice the putting beforehand as well

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had seven turn up so played an individual Stableford. Played a round where I had two 3-hole bursts of great scoring (one almost hole in one which came up two inches short and two other birdies also) but then made some really loose shots at other points in the round which cost me a very good score.

Still I took the dosh with 35 and was particularly happy with my driving - the secondhand Callaway X2 Hot doing the bizzo very nicely indeed.

user104

Visit site
Played at my local 9 hole pay and play.........played holes 1 to 6 holes (1x3 5x4) very well for me the next 3 holes i`d rather forget but i am striking the ball a bit better and keeping it straight (ish)
the sun shone and it was very nice indeed:cool:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
had a great day at The Zoo with Imurg and his regular PP Colin. unfortunately Fragger wasn't able to make it.
The course is great that requires plenty of course management on the doglegs.
I started off by well and was 1 under standing on the 6th tee then a few wayward tee shots meant i walked off the 9th 3 over.
the back 9 took 44 shots so a total of 84 and 41 points which i was more than happy with.
Imurg was a great host so thanks for the invite

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
had a great day at The Zoo with Imurg and his regular PP Colin. unfortunately Fragger wasn't able to make it.
The course is great that requires plenty of course management on the doglegs.
I started off by well and was 1 under standing on the 6th tee then a few wayward tee shots meant i walked off the 9th 3 over.
the back 9 took 44 shots so a total of 84 and 41 points which i was more than happy with.
Imurg was a great host so thanks for the invite
Good to see you James.
Just don't start so well next time eh?
Playing to handicap I was only 4 points down after 3 holes...:ROFLMAO:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I played at Bury St Edmunds today with 7 others who were also using vintage persimmon and blades.

A very enjoyable afternoon's golf aside from my play which was shocking, can't remember when I last slapped the ball around so badly.
5 out 14 back for 19 total, good job we were playing Stableford as I picked up on many holes.

Played one of my favourite sets of irons too, JB Halley Tournament and put in the matching 3 and 4 woods.
Oh well, there's always next time. :)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Played Valle Del Este today, badly. 10 over going out, 7 over handicap, and 2 over coming back, 1 under handicap. 3 putted at least 6 or 7 times. Just before I teed off I started sweating, or more like pouring. By the 7th I wasn't sure I'd make it to the turn let alone the full 18. Dizzy, struggling to focus and feeling very ill. Hit some great shots, especially a 3 wood 200yds into the wind to 10 feet on a long par 4, but just couldn't put a round together.

Straight off the course, into the car and home to bed. Couple of hours sleep but feel very flu-y.

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So played on Saturday in our Monthly medal which had been postponed a few weekends because of weather and shot 36pts which I was very happy with - only bummer being I blobbed the last out of nowhere, especially when I hit a decent 3 wood off the tee! Even better as it was the first time since getting to 17 HCP that I have played in my handicap in competition;l have done it a few times off the yellows.

So to make it an even sweeter round, I end up finding out yesterday I have won the DIV 2 medal, finishing 3rd overall.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played at Fortrose this morning, decent off the tee, irons were horrendous, wedge play excellent, struggling big time with this grip change but I know it will be for the best in the long run.
Real big bonus was my wedges, was knocking them to feet away from the pin, I’m not even sure what I was doing different but felt really confident with them in my hand.
Away back to work now for 19 days.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Played at Fortrose this morning, decent off the tee, irons were horrendous, wedge play excellent, struggling big time with this grip change but I know it will be for the best in the long run.
Real big bonus was my wedges, was knocking them to feet away from the pin, I’m not even sure what I was doing different but felt really confident with them in my hand.
Away back to work now for 19 days.
What changes with the grip are you going through?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a game around Nairn Dunbar, there was a 4 ball in front of us then the 2 ball who should have been in front of them turned up, but the 4 ball made them wait as they were late. one of our 4 ball said these boys are both slow and never let anyone through, so lets just go to the 3rd tee.

3 hours for a 4 ball had a good game. good move to cut over, as when we were teeing off 16 the boys who would have been in front of us were just getting to the 13th tee and had not let the 2 ball though either.

hit the ball nicely, though was very disappointed with the Tity Driver, quite a few out the middle, but no where near as long as my own driver.

Mizuno Demo Day for later to try their new drivers

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Played today chelsfield lakes

37 points

Winner was 41

Couple of 3 putts really cost me that and my one blob

However real positive with the driver.. such good connection and flight

how was the course as I was thinking of trying to get a last minute tee time there over the weekend

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't played for a week despite the lovely weather as I had other things to do this week, but I did play in our 12hole roll up.

I have never had a hot putter before but wow, I couldn't miss, 9 single putts in 12 holes, one was a tap in and 2 or 3 others were inside 3 feet but 2 were over 20 feet and the others between 6 and 15. The result level par for the 12 holes and 31 points.
I wish I could bottle it!