I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn Dunbar Hogg stableford today, 3/4 handicap 41 points with 6 birdies , two blobs😬

doubt , it will come anywhere ,as it's a comp over 2 days, and forecast for Sunday is a lot less windy.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nairn Dunbar Hogg stableford today, 3/4 handicap 41 points with 6 birdies , two blobs😬

doubt , it will come anywhere ,as it's a comp over 2 days, and forecast for Sunday is a lot less windy.
2 blobs and 41pts.... I take it the course is playing silly easy?

74 gross today.
34 putts (2x 3 stabs in there, also counting putts from fringe)
6/13 fairways
10/18 greens

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Much better today. First time I've beaten my handicap all winter in todays 14 hole comp. 30 points and that was with missing six putts inside five feet.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
32 points for me today. Really foggy, very tough conditions. Only positive was I have gone to putting right handed, went well, really good ball striking in the green.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
2 blobs and 41pts.... I take it the course is playing silly easy?

74 gross today.
34 putts (2x 3 stabs in there, also counting putts from fringe)
6/13 fairways
10/18 greens
Sure is at least 500 yards shorter, that won't even be in the top 3 by tomorrow, my mate had 38 last week off 2 in really strong winds, was leading by 6 points, wasn't evening the front page after the sunday. Usually mix teens win with mix 40,s scores

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Never quite got that complaint. It shows that he played really well for 16 holes and actually left more points out there.

No it doesn't. It says he played really well for 16 holes, and racked up a phone number on two holes. It is an 18 hole game. Medal score would not have been good.

But it was stableford, so 41 points. That is it. It's like saying I shot 75 with 3 putts that stopped half an inch from the hole. So 75 then.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
in your haste to get a dig it you obviously missed it was t tongue in cheek and no telephone numbers just a double on a couple of holes I didn't get a shot on, as it was 3/4 was playing off 3

It wasn't necessarily a dig at you. It was clearly good golf off 3/4, so well done, but it is a pet hate with the 'with two blobs' as this makes no difference to the score in yhis format, as 41 is 41.

Also, you may note that any English poster on here daring to mention a stableford score gets the Scottish mafia saying only the English play stableford, which is clearly rubbish.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It wasn't necessarily a dig at you. It was clearly good golf off 3/4, so well done, but it is a pet hate with the 'with two blobs' as this makes no difference to the score in yhis format, as 41 is 41.

Also, you may note that any English poster on here daring to mention a stableford score gets the Scottish mafia saying only the English play stableford, which is clearly rubbish.
Not sure what that's got to do with me, though I don't play stableford in many if any comps tbh, only doing it now as ND run NQ comps though the winter.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played today doing card number 3 for the spring league. It's best 2 from 4 and I was the last of our group to do this card.

This brought a different kind of pressure as there was certain holes that the lads needed me to make a score on.

Started poorly with a double then strung a a few pars together along with another double and bogie.

Drove the par 4 7th to 5 feet and missed the eagle putt but it kick started the round.

Played the rest in level par to improve our team score by 11 points. Target before going out was 10 so happy with that in the end.

Struck the ball well today. Driving was on a string. Short game rusty which was frustrating as I can usually rely on that.

Hey no, card 4 tomorrow.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played today doing card number 3 for the spring league. It's best 2 from 4 and I was the last of our group to do this card.

This brought a different kind of pressure as there was certain holes that the lads needed me to make a score on.

Started poorly with a double then strung a a few pars together along with another double and bogie.

Drove the par 4 7th to 5 feet and missed the eagle putt but it kick started the round.

Played the rest in level par to improve our team score by 11 points. Target before going out was 10 so happy with that in the end.

Struck the ball well today. Driving was on a string. Short game rusty which was frustrating as I can usually rely on that.

Hey no, card 4 tomorrow.
Any blobs:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: