I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
~ Pros roll up for the front 9 and I played out of my skin.
par, par, double, par, par, bogey, par, par, par for a 3 over front 9 of 39 21 points (playing off 12)
The wobble on the 3rd was avoidable too, stupid 3 putt!
driver was iffy, irons, short game and putting top notch.
5 GIR 16 putts
50° wedge from 70-80 yards was sublime.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A lot of frost when we started at 9.30, first 5 holes on winter greens. It got warm pretty quickly and the proper greens were back in play by the 6th. Lovely morning, ended up with just a base layer and polo shirt, and the baseball cap made its first appearance of the year. Played well enough, 35 points. Good end to the week.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st game since 1st week of last November. Only amassed 29 points but enjoyed the game. Lovely and warm so only required shirt sleeves which made it even better.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First time at Beau Desert today. Course was in very good condition and it was a glorious day so what could go wrong? Well, a three putt blob on the first set the tone for the day and I only managed three pars. Fatting a lot of shots by dipping into them so need to sort that out pretty quickly.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today in glorious sunshine.
Played very average golf but I did have one hit with a demo driver my mate was using.
WOWSER!
It went like a bullet from a gun and stupidly straight. It also sounded gorgeous.
It was a Callaway Epic Flash.
It also looks beautiful and just felt so stupidly good, and the noise ............................ did I mention that?
However, it is £450!
Oh, but what a lovely golf club.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday and today. Am driving the ball miles (all things are relative). The driver must know it is on notice, as I fancy a Cobra F9, or an Epic Flash.

82 yesterday, or 37 points, and 75 today, 44 points, as our swindle is stableford. Missed a short putt too.

Tough school, as out of 36 people, there were 2 x 43, a 42, a 41, a couple of 40s, and then the rest.

Lovely to be out in the fresh air.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today. Weather was decent. That's the positives over with..

After last week's dross I still haven't discovered how to play. Four blobs in the first six holes was a cracking start. Birdie at the 5th in between all that though, bizarrely. Can't hit a bloody iron to save my life at the minute, which is unfortunate as that's the lion's share of what you have to do.

Final total 26 points. Got a another birdie at the 14th though with a chip in, and a cm away from a third birdie on the 15th. Bloody stupid game. Got more birdies than pars. 🙄

D

Deleted member 16999

2 Man Texas Scramble today, 25% combined handicaps, 7 Drives each, including 2 Par 3’s.
Gross 69 for a nett 63, beautiful weather, good company, good fun.