I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Final of a scratch team event today. Got a point in the 4somes in the morning with a 2/1 win but lost the afternoon singles 3/2. The team won though so happy days. Knackered now, I'm getting too old for 36 holes in a day.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
It was a weekend of doubles matches. Saturday morning was the final of our Summer Doubles comp. Cold an windy conditions and not the highest quality of games. My partner and I ran out 5&3 victors with 33 and 32 individual points respectively. The concurrent stableford comp was won with 35 pts and went to h/c reductions only given the conditions. Felt for one of my opponents as his partner lost his head from the 11th onwards. Was playing poorly and hit multiple balls into the gorse, then resorted to watching the RC on his phone waiting for the rest of us to complete holes. He needs to have a word with himself in IMO.

Onto the Captains vs Presidents on Sunday. Much better conditions though still brisk and a strong breeze. Luck or (lack thereof) would have it that the champion pair of the previous day would be drawn together for this. By no means the same result as we got papped 4&3. Played ok myself, just came up against a solid pair using shots well. I was on 30 points after 13 holes after birdies on 10, 11 and 13 yet only one of those was for a win. Learning the other side now of giving shots when birdie sometimes isn't enough to win a hole.

Despite sunday's humping I was delighted as I used my M2 driver which was bought a few weeks ago but had been benched ever since in favour of my old trusty. Managed to find the middle yesterday however and wow, the thing flies. I'm the last person that buys into modern club marketing, but whatever it is about this club, I'm gaining significant yardage over my 2011 Cobra ZL Driver. My double partner and I are usually have the same driving distance... not anymore.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played for the first time in 4 weeks due to work and life!!
Only a quick 10, delighted how I was hitting the ball, long may it continue.

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played on Sunday in nice sunny weather, if a little chilly in the morning. Played in our Sunday morning swindle off the whites as some of the members were playing in an over 50s comp. Hit my second best ever score for the course with a gross 83 (42 points) and if I hadn't have messed up the last two holes would have probably broken into the 70s for the first time ever!!

If only I could do this in comps; very frustrating but a great buzz too - also won a few quid too to help the mood out ;)

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
36 points yesterday which was a rare buffer for me this year. Truth be told, my short game was **** hot which masked a swing which is in an absolute state. Work to be done over winter.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
36 points yesterday which was a rare buffer for me this year. Truth be told, my short game was **** hot which masked a swing which is in an absolute state. Work to be done over winter.
Well done mate, stableford Eh ! , better not tell Cabby lol.
BTW I like your swing the way it is, it gets me a few bob :LOL::devilish:

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didn't play today but was out over the weekend, brought in some good points coming 4th on the saturday and helping my team to 2nd on the sunday (with what would have been 46 points!) bring on next saturday!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having spent the whole weekend watching the Ryder Cup, I had Monday off work to get a round of golf in. Played at Stanmore with a mate, and smashed it - new personal best round of 81! Twelve over par (44 points Stableford). That was 37 out and 44 in (the front nine par is 3 low than the back nine, so it wasn't quite the Jekyll & Hyde it may appear). Just two double bogeys, both on the back nine. Eight pars, no birdies though.

I've been saying for ages that if I sort my driving out I'll be posting some good scores, and so it proved. Using the G30 SF Tec for only the second time since I picked it up, and I decided to try some higher tees than I've been using, and that seemed to make all the difference as I was hitting some beautiful drives. Putted really well on some very fast greens as well. Holed two or three monster putts, no three putts, 29 putts overall for the round.

Delighted, but it is a tad irksome that all my best rounds have been friendly knocks at other courses lately, while all my comp rounds recently have been average at best.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Been playing well since largs short game has improved so much and irons are getting just as good and still smashing the driver up the middle, need a bit more concentration on my putting, past 3 scores have been 81/87/86 all below my hc, I'll see if I can do that in the final medal on sat

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played four days on the trot from Saturday. Hit it ok on Sunday and then form deserted me at West Hill and H4H but I don't care too much as they were two enjoyable days. Having a day off today as the knees are aching and off to Forest of Arden tomorrow for the Seniors Pro-Am. Doing some media work so lots of walking involved I imagine and then back home to play three days from Friday to Sunday. Will be glad to get back to work for a rest. Good to see a lot of forum members still shooting good scores and it seems to have been a good season for many

D

Deleted member 15344

Played in a 4BBB at Northampton County today - it was £35 a pair which was great value

BUT last time I played it I remember it being a course and came away enjoying but this time I was disappointed - the starter was proud to say they weren’t on preferred lies yet because the fairways were in good condition - well I would have to disagree with him considerably, they were as bad and patchy as all the other fairways that have been struggling , they have fairway watering but haven’t really used it - they had a couple of fairways that had been micro scarified to break up poor ground and the lies on them were shocking - Liphooks fairways were in brilliant condition but even they had preferred lies because there are still patches of inconsistency.

The greens were ok , pretty big and decent pace but nothing really stood out - in the end the par 4’s just melted into the same hole , par 3s are nice.

It’s a nice course but not as nice as I remember - £35 for a pair is great value and anyone in the area should give it a go but after Liphook and West Hill its a clear step below that sort of standard - I thunk next 100 is a good level but bottom rung of that

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Played Frilford Heath on Sunday, played the Blue course in the morning then the Green course in the afternoon. I always thought the Green was the runt of the litter, but I enjoyed it more....

This was our A-team end of season trip, and I was awarded Player of the Season for going unbeaten throughout the campaign in all our matches :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 6
D

Deleted member 17920

Played Frilford Heath on Sunday, played the Blue course in the morning then the Green course in the afternoon. I always thought the Green was the runt of the litter, but I enjoyed it more....

This was our A-team end of season trip, and I was awarded Player of the Season for going unbeaten throughout the campaign in all our matches :cool:
Well done (y)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played first round of our winter competition yesterday scored 39 points and cut from 18.5 to 17.6, these comps. are non qualifying and h/c will revert back to 19 at the start of next season.

Never played well on my home course all season and slowly crept up to 19 , now one week after season has finished I get a cut for the winter competition. Frustrating that I couldn't get a cut in the season

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played a quick 10 this morning, played poor, really struggling with my iron shots.
Playing Fortrose tomorrow then a competition on Saturday morning with a 9 and 6 handicapper, dreading it all ready as I'm hacking it about.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played Fortrose yesterday with a couple of mates. very windy out there maybe 40 plus. not much run even there as its been wet the last week. all of us played crap and only had birdies on one hole... all 3 of us on the 17th.

Played with the boys this morning, hit it OK steady on the way out and better on the back 3 birdies, but still got beat.

No golf this weekend. Off shooting tomorrow morning, then Gun dog training with Rupert on Sunday.