I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still not thawed out after a cold and windy 18. Really struggled to concentrate for all shots due to the weather and I reckon I thinned more short game shots today then the rest of the year combined. I need to add more layers :unsure:.

D

Deleted member 16999

Still not thawed out after a cold and windy 18. Really struggled to concentrate for all shots due to the weather and I reckon I thinned more short game shots today then the rest of the year combined. I need to add more layers :unsure:.
Good to see you today mate.
Certainly not the weather forecasted. :eek:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was a bit milder today at Seaton as me & me mate went up for the Sunday 'Sweep' & to collect our Country membership cards etc.
Really great 18 holes played with 9 other guys & we got our names down for the friendly 'Chain-match' in a couple of weeks at Hartlepool GC. What great value membership Seaton is!! Be back up Wed as greens maintenance starts at my place this week.

D

Deleted member 16999

Was a bit milder today at Seaton as me & me mate went up for the Sunday 'Sweep' & to collect our Country membership cards etc.
Really great 18 holes played with 9 other guys & we got our names down for the friendly 'Chain-match' in a couple of weeks at Hartlepool GC. What great value membership Seaton is!! Be back up Wed as greens maintenance starts at my place this week.
The ‘Chain-Match’ is a great day, make sure your mate drives ;)
Playing Hartlepool this thursday in a Charity Open.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know if Seaham is more exposed or I've just gone soft :cautious:. It could well be the latter😁. I've not played Seaton but I've only heard good things. I'm sure you will be enjoying your winter golf.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saturday was the only day I could play so we still went out even though the weather was atrocious. Fortunately Bushey Hall were doing a deal where green fees were only £12.50 so at least it didn't cost us much. It rained the entire 18 holes, and there was a howling wind at the beginning but thankfully that eased off a little bit. Golf started off appallingly, got a little bit better as we went along. Finished up with 93 which wasn't too bad considering me and my clubs were all soaked. Highlight was on the par 3 9th, tee shot lands in the ditch (which runs very close to the green), took a drop and chipped it in for a par. Other highlight was parring the last two holes which was a decent way to end a tough round.

Had to laugh on the 18th - anyone who knows the course will be familiar with the horrendous bunker running across the front of the green, which is also well above you as you hit your second shot making it pretty tough - I thought I'd underhit mine until it took a lovely bounce straight over said bunker and onto the green! Happy days. :LOL:

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played on Saturday in the monthly medal; shot 94, nett 76 :(:cautious: The conditions for the back nine were shocking as the wind picked up and the rain set in, so had a few mishits because of clubs slipping and hands being freezing!

Particularly disappointing as I shot 42 points last week and because there was no comp on I didn't get a cut. Ah well - just have to shrug my shoulders and get out this Saturday and see what the golfing gods offer up :unsure:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Gainsborough Thonock Park for the first time on Friday matchplay against my buddy, finished 4 over gross with two doubles on the card. Short but interesting track, not as good as Karsten Lakes but I enjoyed it, lots of elevation changes and tight drives.

Went out in the storm Saturday for a Cup at the home course and shot 77 (5 over gross), lost to the guy I was playing with who shot 71 so you really can't complain about that! Really feel like things are coming together (albeit a bit late in the season).

D

Deleted Member 1156

I played yesterday.

For sale, full bag of clubs. Titleist Woods, Cobra irons, Vokey wedges, Odyssey putter.

No sensible offer refused :cry:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Gainsborough Thonock Park for the first time on Friday matchplay against my buddy, finished 4 over gross with two doubles on the card. Short but interesting track, not as good as Karsten Lakes but I enjoyed it, lots of elevation changes and tight drives.

Went out in the storm Saturday for a Cup at the home course and shot 77 (5 over gross), lost to the guy I was playing with who shot 71 so you really can't complain about that! Really feel like things are coming together (albeit a bit late in the season).

Love this course. A great wee track to play in the afternoon after playing Lakes in the morning.

D

Deleted member 21258

Charity golf day on Friday in essex. Not sure why I bothered to drive all that way.

One of our team went to the wrong golf club :eek: and arrived about 1.5 hours late for our tee WTH.:eek::eek::eek: Three of us played shockingly bad, I lost 4 balls on a course you should lose none, missed two 2 foot birdie putts, got two birdies(cough cough with my second ball ;):p).

Still loved it, if only for the beating we took before handing over the money, sure beats working.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Played the final medal yesterday and done absolute pants the amount of shots that ended up on expose tree roots was a joke and I'm pulling a lot of shots left for some reason its starting to really annoy me now 97-19-78, I just can't seem to play as well in my medals as I do out with them

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played on Saturday, my first round as a single figure golfer! I was quite steady and ended up 6 over for 38 points (it was a stableford comp). An eagle and 2 birdies were nice but back to back double bogeys were not so clever.. :-(

Played yesterday too, and again 6 over, 7 over front 9 and 1 under back 9, so I suppose quite steady!

I'm itching to play again....

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played on Saturday, my first round as a single figure golfer! I was quite steady and ended up 6 over for 38 points (it was a stableford comp). An eagle and 2 birdies were nice but back to back double bogeys were not so clever.. :-(

Played yesterday too, and again 6 over, 7 over front 9 and 1 under back 9, so I suppose quite steady!

I have played off 4/6 most of my golf and it’s great when playing well.
But you will have bad days were nothing goes right.
Just remember no one plays well all the time so enjoy it while you can!

Practice your weak points but don’t neglect your strong ones.

Every day is a school day you never stop learning .
You need to have a goal say cat 1 in 18 months
Well done and hope you reach your goals.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Sunday medal @ Ullesthorpe Court 7.09am tee time no practice doubled the first from 133yrds #NoTrouble frosty bunker and greens early shot 79 2 bad bogeys last two holes, last being a 50 yrd snap hook over the lake with a carry of 160yrds #MAjorFail but CSS was 71 and only an eagle would have got me a small cut so nothing lost or gained. Still no cut since May 2018

please just a 0.2 off would be great buffer bugger

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Which hole did you eagle