I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The 9th hole, over the ravine. It's a short par 4, around 260ish, I put my tee shot just passed the hole and had a 3 footer for the eagle, which I luckily sank.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played today in a charity day at Hankley Common, and the course was in just as good condition, perhaps even better than Liphook.:eek: What a day to play golf, and I think the course is the best inland course I have played after the two Sunningdales. The views are stunning, and food was superb. Probably the best day on the heath this year.

Managed a decent 35 points, starting with a blob. First putt from ten feet for par, finished ten feet past. Should have had a putt on the practice green.:oops: Can't wait to play the course again.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
35 points / two blobs / three three putts. Could have had a cricket score. Drove like a God. Even putted well (for me). Beat my mate. Fantastic sunshine. Bombarded with Ladybirds everywhere. Superb views. All the way to Saddleworth Moor / All the way to Runcorn. Stunning greens. Beautiful fairways. The amazing course that is DISLEY.

Off to play Macc this afternoon.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Fairly average 32 points today.
Poor first 8 holes cost me
I've had a dodgy wrist all week after hauling shopping out of the boot last Saturday and I think I was protecting it even though it's stopped hurting.
Once I got going I played reasonably well. A birdie at the last put Fragger to the sword once more....
It was a supplementary card so up to 8.1 but the greens had been spiked so there was little danger of making a score.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
what a day here today, 20 deg and not a breath of wind. 5 teams of 4 in the roll up bb. 89 points best 2 scores 3/4 handicap, we won by 10 points

played really well considering its been a week almost since i last touched a club.. 6 birdies for me but 2 doubles as well, rest pars off the yellow though. We had a bit of a birdie barrage on 3,4,5,6,7,8.9,10, 11,13 and 17.

not sure when I'll next get a game as shooting again this weekend as the weather looks pretty crap anyway for golf

D

Deleted member 3432

Same down here on the Cumbrian coast.

Had a lesson this morning, pro set up trackman on the practice ground and I had a bit of a sweat on!

Back to 40 mph winds and rain from tomorrow afternoon I believe.......

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
*sigh*

One point up on 2's after 15 holes. 4 putted the 16th for a 6 and no points. Now we're chasing 35pts but no problem, the 17th is a shot hole. Its a dogleg, the tee shot being across a steep valley. Still no problem, as I drove the across the dogleg, leaving me 20yds from the green. 5 more shots to get down from 20yds:eek: On the 18th I went for the big slinging draw but turned it into a ugly hook towards a lake. A lucky bounce off a rock saw me on the fairway, 155yds out up hill slightly. Okay, lets go with a 6 iron to the middle of the green, avoiding the lake the covers the front left of the green. Lovely straight shot which ran to the back edge of the green. 3 putts later,:eek: and another dropped shot/point, I signed for 32pts. Gutted!:cry:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Same down here on the Cumbrian coast.

Had a lesson this morning, pro set up trackman on the practice ground and I had a bit of a sweat on!

Back to 40 mph winds and rain from tomorrow afternoon I believe.......
same here, fine till the evening then teaming down for Fri/Sat/Sun

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Fortrose today, was quite windy but an absolute beauty of a day.
Got 2 birdies and a few pars, 2 8's as well which is no use here.
Really enjoyed it today, which is the main thing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Fortrose today, was quite windy but an absolute beauty of a day.
Got 2 birdies and a few pars, 2 8's as well which is no use here.
Really enjoyed it today, which is the main thing.

surprised by that, not a breath at Nairn today.
played fortrose last week and wasn't impressed with the condition of the greens or tees, grass really long on both, mind you its was very very windy last Thursday, so saved the balls blowing off the greens

Wolf

Visit site
Played for the first time today in just over 2 years, only my 4th round in about 10 years, safe to say i really enjoyed myself.

Played at Poult Wood in Tonbridge never played it before but in good shape for a muni, not a bad little course quite easy front 9, but tightens up on the back. Played with no expectations whatsoever managed a lot more pars than I did bogeys, no doubles and even got a cheeky little 2 on the Par 3 14th hole.

Hit quite a few pulled shots always been my goto bad shot which means distance gets a bit skewed! but short game helped me out and for some reason for first time in my golfing life I tried putting left hand below right (always had a a conventional putting grip before) and it felt so much more comfortable & easier to control the putter for distance and line...

All in all a really enjoyable day, going to play a couple more times before the move then look to join a club up in Lincolnshire

D

Deleted member 16999

Absolutely beautiful day here in the NE and had the pleasure of hosting Bill (Maninblack), great round, great company.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Nipped out this evening for what I hoped would be my final after work 18 before the clocks change.

Got there about 4.45 with a half set in a carry bag; unnamed persimmon 1 wood, MacGregor Tourney MTR1 2, 4, 6, 8 and PW (out and out blades), a Gradidge Bobby Locke wedge that I pulled out of my wedge bag by mistake instead of Slazenger SW, rounded off with a Slazenger Johnny Miller Napa style putter.

Rushing a but at the start and played rubbish, doubled the first 5 holes! Things improved from the 6th and then from nowhere I started hitting the irons well, used the 2 iron for all tee shots from 15 and it had become a weapon. Hit a smooth 230 yard shot on the 16th and a shot to the front of the 17th green measured on the GPS at 250 yards. Crushed another on the 18th in the fading light and found it in the bunker which is well over 200 yards from the tee.

No doubt the feeling will have gone when I next play which will be a few weeks away now.

Almost made the full 18 but I skipped the 8th when I caught up with a group and didn't want the hassle of playing through.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beautiful day in south London - still shorts & polo weather. Shot 87, net 67 in the midweek medal. My best performance in months - 3 shots better than SSS. Should be a 0.9 cut (possibly better and at worst 0.6). Took the swindle money and was leader in the clubhouse when l left. Hope l can retain this nice bit of form for when i meet up with Hobbit next week ...

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
38 Points, left at least 4 points on the course... Below average chipping and putting, everything else wasn't awful for once

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played down at Parkstone Golf Club. What beautiful course and in great shape at the moment, the Greens were as good as I have seen all year. Played pretty well 2 over handicap struggled with the pace of the greens which made me look a little stupid on more than one occasion.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a glorious day for mid-October. Temperature in the low 20s and sun sun sun. Fabulous.

Played really well too following our two days at Chipping Norton. Continuing to drive and hit irons better than ever. 38 points and left another few out there too.

Shame weather’s not set to last.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
surprised by that, not a breath at Nairn today.
played fortrose last week and wasn't impressed with the condition of the greens or tees, grass really long on both, mind you its was very very windy last Thursday, so saved the balls blowing off the greens
Greens were a bit slow, but I put it down to the heavy rain the day before.
The time we finished the wind had died down considerably.
Need to learn how to play the course as well, lost 2 balls on the first 4 holes!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Greens were a bit slow, but I put it down to the heavy rain the day before.
The time we finished the wind had died down considerably.
Need to learn how to play the course as well, lost 2 balls on the first 4 holes!!
what did you hit off the tee on the first 4?