I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in our Veterans comp today, played steady except for 3 bad holes, 2 double bogey 6s and a quadruple bogey 7 at our par 3- 17th [ after having a 2 there yesterday :mad: ] so net 72 I thought, but no.
While entering my score, luckily I spotted my h/c had been cut to 16.4, it had printed out 17 this morning when I logged in o_O.
So a net 73 lying in 3rd place :cry:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I played at Machynys Peninsula last weekend in some very tough conditions.

Loved the course and the friendliness and relaxed atmosphere of the clubhouse.

34 individual points & 3&2 BB win for my team on the Saturday was a good return in the wind & constant rainy conditions.

37 points and 8&7 win in my singles on the Sunday helped secure a draw for the team but I took the annual silverware and cash which in such windy conditions on a very testing course where you had some long carries and had to find the fairways, I was really chuffed with my game.

Played Moorhall on Tuesday in a 4BBB, again not played the course before and the greens were some of the best I’ve played on this year.

Our team came 2nd in a full field and although I was struggling off the tee at times, my short game held me up with some nice up & downs to return 34 points (6 pars & 2 birdies) but with 4 NR’s my card should have been so much better.

I’m feeling in good form currently and it’s my last Medal this morning, but I seem to play much better in team & Matchplay formats than just single stableford or strokeplay 🤔

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
29 points but played better than that. Scored on every hole and worked hard for every point. Strong winds meant it was a fight. Hardest thing bizarrely was putting. The wind was grabbing my putter when swinging so I ended up concentrating on controlling that rather than the putt itself which cost me a good few points :(. Also odd, the front nine greens were lightning fast, the back nine were slow :unsure:. That didn't help.

Tough but enjoyable.

D

Deleted member 16999

Par comp today, finished a disappointing 2 down, enjoyable company though, good bit of banter.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Disappointing day for me, I was well into my last Medal under handicap standing on the 14th when I had to take a penalty due to my ball being nestled right up next to a tree 😟 came off with a treble and wrongly chased the game from there and doubled the next 3 holes which cost me a 0.1 to go to 16.5, so I’m afraid I’ve got an extra shot now for H4H’s 😳😜😂🏌️⛳️

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Disappointing day for me, I was well into my last Medal under handicap standing on the 14th when I had to take a penalty due to my ball being nestled right up next to a tree 😟 came off with a treble and wrongly chased the game from there and doubled the next 3 holes which cost me a 0.1 to go to 16.5, so I’m afraid I’ve got an extra shot now for H4H’s 😳😜😂🏌️⛳️
I can hear the cries of "handicap protection" from here...:p

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
nice round this morning, pretty windy and chilly to start. warmed up later. played pretty well with two birds and a nice tap in eagle on the 10th. very steady on the back 9. driving the ball well. just in time for ..... only one more medal and i'm away for that. oh well next years not far away;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Greensomes today. Played with the vice captain and mid table 36. Miles off the winning 45 and I've not been feeling 100% all day so found it hard going and didn't play great but was unlucky to have several putts rest on the lip. Monthly medal tomorrow and waiting for my annual collapse in form in time for West Hill and H4H

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the Titleist KO today away at Ferndown. Sealed my ticket to Frilford Heath with a nice 3/2 win. One good round away from a trip to Portugal in January. The greens were fantastic (as they usually are there) but the fairways have suffered in some places due to the extreme summer temperatures.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played in the Titleist KO today away at Ferndown. Sealed my ticket to Frilford Heath with a nice 3/2 win. One good round away from a trip to Portugal in January. The greens were fantastic (as they usually are there) but the fairways have suffered in some places due to the extreme summer temperatures.
Great effort and good luck in the next game and hope you can get there

D

Deleted member 21258

Had enough of hedge cutting/gardening, so went for some hill goat walking:unsure: First time playing Church Stretton Golf club, great views, sunny and not a lot of wind, won the 3 way matchplay.

Managed to drive the green fringe on the 15th 315ish yard with a 5 wood, proper forum distance, shame it was slightly slope assisted:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Favourite hole was the 5th, lovely views from the elevated tee:cool:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I can hear the cries of "handicap protection" from here...:p

Whereas some of us got a 0.4 cut to come down another stroke just in time for Tuesday.

Remind me not to enter the H4H handicap challenge again will you; 8.5 to 6.3 this year with no challenge, think I've gone up every year I've entered it! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at Mapperley near Nottingham today, a short but hilly course with greens that all four of us struggled to read, for both pace and line.
Using the new Bronty Silver Knight putter for the first time, nice putter, but maybe not the best place to break it in!

I'm already mentally scarred in readiness for the notorious Liphoonk greens at H4H.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played the monthly medal. Net 70 (level par) but nowhere near winning with some great scores in by the time I left. My nemesis hole the par 3 sixth got me again and at one point was playing five off the tee. Fortunately found the second ball to make a lovely triple. Some good stuff in there, rode my luck at times and enjoyed the day with two great PPs