I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another lesson. Loved it. The lad said my setup looks like Rory’s - poor little bugger is poorly though and has a temperature but I’m taking it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A good day. 38 points for a baby cut. Annoyed about not scoring at our 5th which is usually a chance to pick up points but back in 21 points so can't bee too critical. Around in less than four hours despite constant rain

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Smashing day. Sunny, cold, bit windy. Pp is a smashing bloke and we glided around without being held up once. Some good, some not so good today, partly impacted by the wind chilling me to the bone. Overall happy, particularly with the 18 points on the back nine. I sat smiling in the bar afterwards with a contented smile realising that life was good.

D

Deleted member 16999

3rd with 35pts in a Charity Event, nice little trophy plus balls and glove, nice memento’s and plenty raised for the BHF.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
A first for me; 18 hole 2 man medal play off for a board comp. Strange being head to head but with a card in your hand; handicaps revert to the ones you had when you teed off in the original round, no conceded putts as you'd normally do, everything holed out and nothing like I'd normally expect in a play off. Even stranger was if it was tied after 18 holes then it goes to sudden death match play. o_O

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A first for me; 18 hole 2 man medal play off for a board comp. Strange being head to head but with a card in your hand; handicaps revert to the ones you had when you teed off in the original round, no conceded putts as you'd normally do, everything holed out and nothing like I'd normally expect in a play off. Even stranger was if it was tied after 18 holes then it goes to sudden death match play. o_O
Sounds very strange and can understand how it would be difficult not to revert to typical matchplay mode. How did you get on?

D

Deleted member 3432

1st out at 7-20 this morning, played crap in flat calm conditions.

Putting chronically bad as it has been for the last couple of years.....

Frustrated :cry:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing really nicely at the minute. 5 rounds in a row shooting under my handicap at Salobre in Gran Canaria, 4 rounds this week over 40 points including a 75 gross on the Old Course on Friday. Lesson I had before coming away has really paid off.

D

Deleted member 16999

1 under nett today, CSS will probably go up 1, so just a buffer today.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a bash around County Louth this morning in glorious sunshine. Absolutely superb little course which rightly deserves its ranking. Had a worldie too. 76 which was 45 points. Blind squirrel and all that

Well done mate top shooting. Was there a little room off the tee? ;)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Had a bash around County Louth this morning in glorious sunshine. Absolutely superb little course which rightly deserves its ranking. Had a worldie too. 76 which was 45 points. Blind squirrel and all that
Love that course! How did you get on at that cracking par 3 over the chasm on the back 9? (12th??) And the par 4 after with what is apparently the narrowest fairway in Ireland? :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was due to play a club match against Caversham Heath but it got called off about an hour before we were due to meet. A little annoyed as I was looking forward to it and the forecast for once was right and it brightened up nicely about 1.00. On the plus side I came second in my division yesterday so will get a few quid for the pro shop and came second in the roll up bets so a small pick up there. ALso a 0.6 cut so back to 14 (14.2 which is where I started 2018)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Won a Texas scramble open at Vicars Cross in Chester today. We dropped some mega putts, had a chip in and on one hole my mate holed out from 120 yards!!! . We were a gross 59 (putts it in perspective how good Oliver Fishers round was) and even though we only got 2.5 shots we managed a win. The bad weather stayed away too!!!!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday in the rain. 76/69 but css went up to 73 (+3) so back to 6. Will be there over the winter now with only 1/2 qualifiers left. Need to learn how to hit my irons now :eek::eek: