I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played the last of this year's friendly 9 hole medal comps this evening in which I've been scoring something rotten the last month or so, so I thought I'd just take out a half set that I've only hit a couple of times and even then not for over a year.

The clubs are Greenway which from previous research were best guessed as being produced for Dick Greenway, club professional at Royal Colombo Golf Club, Sri Lanka. see link below:
https://www.top100go...e/royal-colombo

Anyway, I took out 6 clubs (3 wood, 3, 5, 7, wedge and putter) in a pencil bag that has two tiny pockets, one I could just about squeeze in some tees and a pitch mark fork, the other held up to four balls! The clubs are too short for me and the grips are thinner than I usually play, but what is this custom fitting malarkey anyway? Had no GPS either.

I just played within myself and managed to score a 2 over gross 37 and win the comp, the putter was the star and I holed a few 6 to 12 footers plus one 25 footer. Only 20 odd in the comp but a win's a win. :)

Greenway half set.jpg

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a game last night. well the fairway being rock hard and running for miles is well and truly over. rained a bit the last few nights and all the bare patches where the grass as died back are now like sponge. GK have slit and seeded many, course was playing really long, the ball went nowhere. Saturdays medal is going to be fun:unsure:

whole of the 13th Fairway has been hollow tinned , better off in the rough on that one;)

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice better ball match where I played well but we were 3 down after 3. Nip and tuck after that but we never reeled them in.

Highlight though was on the 17th were my brother made an ace.

So losing the match money made up for by him buying all the beers.

D

Deleted member 16999

First off in the comp this morning, perfect conditions and a very pleasing nett 67 which should see me cut and possibly into 9.something for the first time :eek:
Ideal conditions, let myself down with a double bogey 7 on the Par 5 16th.
But good form continues.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
First off in the comp this morning, perfect conditions and a very pleasing nett 67 which should see me cut and possibly into 9.something for the first time :eek:
Ideal conditions, let myself down with a double bogey 7 on the Par 5 16th.
But good form continues.

Nice one Paul. I got to watch one of the best electrical storms I've ever seen, from the safety of the clubhouse.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Par comp this morning, +2 result plus a 2. New grips seem to be amazing and my 5wood and AVX ball seem to be optimum spin. Need to review the driver spin though I think it’s a little low, but all weights are set to the high spin position ... so may move it up in loft unless any one has other suggestions, it’s a jpx900.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played at Longridge, a new course to me, very interesting, so high up on the end of the Fell, with almost 360 degree views, fortunately it was a lovely day as I cant see it being much fun when its raining and blowing, its the first high ground from the Irish Sea so very exposed. Also I believe subject to being very misty so probably unplayable more often than most.
I di enjoy it although some of the greens had slopes I just coudn't read, despite being on a hill apart from the first two and last two holes its fairy flat. 1 and 17 are steeply downhill and 2 and 18 steeply uphill, in fact the 18th although only 290yds from the red tee is a par 5 for ladies andit needs to be as I hit 2 goodshots and was still 50 yards form the green.
Last time I played Longridge I stuck my driver 40 yards over the back of the 17th green 😂

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Finally back in the mid 70s after a couple howlers, but 5 over thru 7 is not the start I'm looking for :unsure: best I've been off the tee all season, but still only managed to hit 1 green in the first 7, 3 missed with a 56 wedge :mad: only hit driver 7 times by my that T-MB 2 iron is going miles.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nine holes this afternoon. Course packed as it was ladies captains day so course closed for most the morning. Played shocking. Game drifting into a dark place again after a few months of almost competence

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Had a great day at st Mellion yesterday, playing the south west singles final in the Titleist matchplay. My opo was a great host and fantastic company. Nothing in it for 13 holes then birdies on 14 & 15 followed by a wedge to a few for birdie on 16 was enough to get me through to the regional final at Frilford Heath.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
First round back since knackering my shoulder last month. Scrambled 34 points so fairly happy short game was shocking and putting hit and miss, but fairly satisfied with my game. Good news is no ill effects at the moment so hopefully a bit sharper round the greens next week.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Turned up for our roll-up this morning and wasn't expecting much as hadn't hit a ball for three weeks. We played off of the competition tees and in the middle of the round parred six holes out of seven, with eight pars in total by the end of the round. Probably the best run of holes that I've played. Maybe I should take bigger gaps between rounds.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Last medal competition of the year, and i managed 80 gross, nett 68. Should get a small cut. Driving worse than awful, 37 putts, but my irons were sweet. 4 birdie putts from inside six feet, and not one touched the hole.

Hopefully good enough to beat my H4H challengers.:unsure:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pleasing 36 holes in the big Sunday roll up with one spectacular blow out on our 13th. Made some unreal up and downs on the front nine and pitching and chipping on point. A world away from yesterdays dross. Rsther happy with my golf today

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Caversham Heath today, a mix of sublime, average, terrible and atrocious, unfortunately more of the latter than the former.