I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Won our scratch KO final this morning😁. I really wanted to win this this year, as last year I had to pull out at the semi-final stage due to my lymphoma diagnosis. Probably the best golf I’ve played this year too as I was two under when it finished on the 14th green.

Brilliant! Sounds like a convincing win.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a nice roll-up knock yesterday - 36pts off comp tees - could even easily have been one or two more - but 36 is just grand. Still had to hand over the money in our groups 4BBB match as one of our opponents - off 12 - knocked it round in 6 over for a tidy.

But good to be playing well to my 8 h/cap.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It was purgatory, it is the most miserable I have been on a course since I started playing. My whole game was Rammel. My first drive I nearly missed the ball. Went over on my ankle again and it was the nearest I have been to walking off a course. The flippin rain was not helping.
Not a good day at all.

There are days like these but there will be better days - and the feelings of misery will pass - have faith :)

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Somehow got a dry round in a 3 hour window during the deluge.

Played some decent stuff, putting is getting back to scratch.

Unfortunately still tending to throw a few howlers due to rustiness. None more so than NRing on 15 after a stupid decision to go look for my 1st ball and finding it. Five left handed slashes later / zero ball contact and it was a sheepish walk to catch up my pp's !!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a Blackpool Supporters Trust Charity golf day at Lytham Green Drive today, I was fortunate enough to play with a Blackpool FC legend Tony Green, a really lovely chap with lots of entertaining stories.
I played well but couldn't buy a putt so 33 points was a decent return, The runaway winner by 10 points was a guy off 18 who scored 44 points!!

D

Deleted member 17920

Played at Brough golf club yesterday near Hull.

Very nice course and a good layout, £25 for a afternoon was good, the downside I was giving odvan 5 shots and after hitting 2 fantastic shots on the last hole I 3 putted to let him win by a point :(

£10 down the drain!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hickory match against a load of Swedish guys who are over for the Scottish Hickory Championship at Monifieth.

played quite well, esp putting, holed a few good 15fters for par and a couple of birdies as well.

nice guys and have an invite over there for there hickory club champs, game played in great sprite and it was nice to win.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played in our Masters event, 36 holes medal open to competition winners. I had a net 75 in the morning and was only 5 off the lead. Played our third and aggravated my back muscle problem. Struggled round and to get through the ball at times but kept going. Was better for a few holes when the anti-inflammatories kicked in. However the pace of play didn't help. Nealry 5 hours for the first round and waiting behind a group who had lost at least two holes. Same group held the course up again PM and another 4 1/2 round. The marshall warned them and I think the handicap secretary did but totally unacceptable and on the verge of making an official complaint. One of the group is now becoming a serial offender, including club matches to the point where the opposition are mentioning it, which feasibly could lead to them pulling the fixtures

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Finally used my H4H auction win from a year or so back to play at Enville on the Highgate course with Bigfoot who was a great host, thanks again Mark.
The course was superb with one great looking hole after another and you had to think your way around which is the type of course I like.

Play wise I was 2 over handicap on the front nine but a poor back nine, especially the last couple of holes, saw me at 92 gross 80 nett and 8 over handicap.
It wasn't all about the score though, the course and clubhouse were exceptional and if I lived nearer I'd be seriously looking at membership.

D

Deleted member 17920

Finally used my H4H auction win from a year or so back to play at Enville on the Highgate course with Bigfoot who was a great host, thanks again Mark.
The course was superb with one great looking hole after another and you had to think your way around which is the type of course I like.

Play wise I was 2 over handicap on the front nine but a poor back nine, especially the last couple of holes, saw me at 92 gross 80 nett and 8 over handicap.
It wasn't all about the score though, the course and clubhouse were exceptional and if I lived nearer I'd be seriously looking at membership.
It’s fantastic isn’t it Nick

We played both courses in a day and it’s a very underrated venue.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
It’s fantastic isn’t it Nick

We played both courses in a day and it’s a very underrated venue.

I loved it Glyn, but I think I'd have struggled to do two rounds today as I've just finished 6 consecutive days of golf, the legs were feeling it towards the end!

(PS I've just sent the West Hill balance and the Sunningdale deposit via paypal)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played as a last minute replacement in our Captain/Pro 4bbb match yesterday afternoon and probably played, tee to green, my best of the season. My iron play has been ok recently but I hit more greens than normal and felt really good, shame that on the day after the club Open they decided to slit the greens which made putting for everyone a lottery. Anyway, I think the Pro went round 4 over and we lost on the 18th

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was my birthday over the weekend, so I wanted to play somewhere I hadn't played before. Despite the mixed reviews I've seen I decided to give Stockley Park a go - in a four ball it was only £25 so not too bad. The first hole is crap, but the rest of it was decent I thought. Not too difficult to plot your way round, but had some tricky slopes on the greens. There was a strange issue on the 17th tee though, where all the sprinklers were on on the tee, so we had to run over and hit our shots, perfectly timed in between the sprinkler arcs. That was a first...

Anyway, despite playing the first five holes uselessly, I then played unbelievably after that and ended up shooting my joint best ever score of 83. That's 12 over par, and I'd already dropped 8 shots in those first five holes, so from the 6th to the 18th I managed 8 pars, 1 birdie, 3 bogeys and 1 double. The birdied hole was the 17th so maybe the sprinklers helped! Haha. From the 6th to the 12th I parred 6 out of the 7 holes, by far the most consistent stretch of holes I've ever played. So a lot to be positive about.

Then yesterday I had a day off, played 9 holes in the afternoon and was utter rubbish, ruining all that good feeling I'd created on Saturday. Oh well.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
After last weeks purgatory round I was not looking forward to today one bit, after starting with a couple of one pointers it looked like deva Vue again. Don't know why but I thought to myself just relax. After nine holes I had 16 points in the bag. Finished in buffer zone with a blob mid point.
Blobbed the 10th and then scored another 19 points on the next 7 holes with a blob on the 18th. Played well and I don't know where that came from but Tashyboy is a happy man today.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2nd in the comp yesterday at Houghwood with 35pts. Didn’t think I’d have any chance as good golfing conditions.

Funny day, 7 pars, irons a decent standard, holed a few putts.

Yet blobbed si 16, 17 and 18!! 3 putted a fair few. Driver is still off.

Hc lowest exact its ever been

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Supplementary today......
Very solid back 9 of 18 points but simply not good enough on the front.
Only 14 including a blob on the first. Blocked the drive 15 yards off line under a tree, penalty drop, restricted backswing etc etc.. Oh to be 50 yards offline, like someone who shall remain nameless, to leave a clear shot back to the fairway.......but, like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter...
So, 0.1 back so level 8 handicap although the card probably won't be processed for a couple of weeks if previous timescales are continued.
Pleased with the back 9 though.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played at Longridge, a new course to me, very interesting, so high up on the end of the Fell, with almost 360 degree views, fortunately it was a lovely day as I cant see it being much fun when its raining and blowing, its the first high ground from the Irish Sea so very exposed. Also I believe subject to being very misty so probably unplayable more often than most.
I di enjoy it although some of the greens had slopes I just coudn't read, despite being on a hill apart from the first two and last two holes its fairy flat. 1 and 17 are steeply downhill and 2 and 18 steeply uphill, in fact the 18th although only 290yds from the red tee is a par 5 for ladies andit needs to be as I hit 2 goodshots and was still 50 yards form the green.