I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done 😬
Think I've got one qualifier left, depending on the cut off date, so your bet with me looks pretty secure.
I would get no pleasure beating a nice guy like you Nick. Is there a telling porkies emoji ?;)

Hope you go low if you do get a round in before H4H

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Got my first Eagle on Saturday, might not seem a big deal to some but getting one has been evading me since time began.

Solid drive down our 10th, with a decent into breeze going for the green in 2 just wasn’t worth the risk and would have took my Sunday best, and it wasn’t Sunday!

So an easy 7i up to the twin fairway bunkers leaving me 85yds to pin.

Nice 3/4 wedge to the front of the green and she rolled perfectly to the hole and dropped.

#Chuffed

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rye Hill on Friday. Great place to play golf. Some cracking holes, although I would say you have to know the course to score well as some tee shots are blind hit and hopes. Very enjoyable though. Insane 350 meter drive off the first tee. Oh yes I did!!!!!!! Best bit was playing the hole you can see as you drive in. Big valley type hole. Was on the top left after my cracking drive. Massive slice with my 8 iron. A lot of swear word were emitted. Then my ball hit the right side of the fairway near to the green kicked left and bobbled and bounced it's way to within 2 meters of the hole. Laugh? Oh yes indeed I did. Missed the birdie putt though. Wifey played very well in parts again, although blamed me for a four putt on the third, she was on for one. (I was trying to assist in her reading the green and willing her to get it close to get the par). I shut up after that. Best ever total 117 !!! It's getting closer to the 100 mark.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friendly knock round Ruislip yesterday with a mate. Course empty so we breezed round. Both played about average, 92 & 33 points for me, 89 & 34 points for him. Can't hit a driver to save my life, on the verge of giving it up altogether now. Course was rock hard, just like the middle of summer, which we weren't expected so lost a few shots shooting straight through greens early on. Double bogeys at 2nd, 3rd and 4th thanks to that. Back nine was a bit more satisfactory with some solid bogey golf.

Need to find a driving solution at the range this week, as it's the 'medal winner's final' next Saturday and I don't want to embarrass myself there.

D

Deleted member 16999

First off in the comp this morning, perfect conditions and a very pleasing nett 67 which should see me cut and possibly into 9.something for the first time :eek:
Ideal conditions, let myself down with a double bogey 7 on the Par 5 16th.
But good form continues.
9.8, so close, but yet so far!;)

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Haydock Park tonight with our kid (Junior). Its a James Braid course. Was very impressed. Greens were a bit slow but I thought the shape of the holes and the course was very good.
Anybody else played it?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Haydock Park tonight with our kid (Junior). Its a James Braid course. Was very impressed. Greens were a bit slow but I thought the shape of the holes and the course was very good.
Anybody else played it?

I haven’t played it or heard much about it Karl but I’ve just had a look at the course flyover and it looks like a very good course.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven’t played it or heard much about it Karl but I’ve just had a look at the course flyover and it looks like a very good course.
It was pal.... tight tree lined fairways with lots of quite refined and well manicured bunkers.... lots of quirky dog legs. Only 15 minutes from mine so has got me think By again! Oh and I drained a 12 footer on the last to half the match!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Beau Desert yesterday, real treat! Lovely course, and shot -1 handicap with an 83 despite 40 putts! Really frustrating as that part of the game had been going well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nine holes after work last night. Definitely becoming a race against the clock to finish with enough light. Swung the club horribly in terms of technique but found a way to score. Went on a run of pars from 4-8 and the other holes were all bogeys so +4 gross. Definitely a "no pictures on the card" type of round but even though it was under handicap I'm frustrated at the way I swung it

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Sneaky midweek stableford, but very windy, and some decent showers meant waterproofs all the way round. Driving slightly better, especially provisionals. :whistle: irons pretty good, chipping for me excellent, which just leaves the usual twitching on the greens.:eek:

31 hard earned points. It seems I play better in medals than stablefords Who would have thought it.:unsure:

Anj71

Visit site
Played 3 days on the trot and shot 78,79,77. Today I went to the range and my swing went to peices. Scared to play the next round now!

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
38 points in today's stableford for first cut of the year, only 0.7 but from little acorns as they say

Rain started just as we walked off 18 and hasn't stopped since so thought may have a small chance but just sent that six people managed to better it with 41 winning.