I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Donna and I played Borth & Ynyslas today. £35 with a 241 voucher. Lots of fun to be has there. A few holes we had no idea where we were going. So very narrow parts and great sea and hill views. Lots of humps and bumps along the way.

Well pleased with my 35 points....although Mrs M beat me with 37😁😁😁

Pro shop was full of stuff @Crow and @Voyager EMH would be after. Quite unusual. Has anyone else be there and see what I mean?

It's a regular stop on the hickory trail but I've never played it myself.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seniors singles KO today and was giving 17 shots. I honestly don’t know why I enter these KO competitions. Lost 4/3. The guy was putting 3 woods onto the green from 200 yards away. Played with the high handicap seniors in medals loads and with a card in their hand they play absolute tosh. Match play against me and it’s always “I haven’t played this good in ages”. He didn’t make one high handicapper stupid mistake and except for the long second where he made a double he made a par or a bogey on every hole.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Leicestershire & Rutland seniors KO at home to day against Glen Gorse.
Betterball Stableford matchplay.

I putted like a complete idiot, 3-putted 5 times!
We lost our match 41 to 39 and lost overall 3 to 2.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played 4 holes today and walked in with calf trouble! 😟
Have been trying to build up some stamina before the Cooden meet but may have over-done it a bit - going from one round every week or two, to 9 rounds (4 carrying 10 clubs) in two-and-a-half weeks.
Hopefully, a rest will be all it needs otherwise a buggy will be required! 😟 Shhhh! Dont tell Leftie! 🤫🤫🤫 😉

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Final practice before the Hillman Plate at Heythrop on Saturday. Was atrocious on Sunday after a solid 2nd place on Saturday (although in my defence it was my birthday and I was thinking of those lunchtime birthday drinks and had no thought process behind any shot, although my swing was so off without a warm up). Sorted a few things out so as ready as I can be and will be chipping in the garden each evening to get the short game working

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Light rain started falling on the 3rd. Got a bit heavier by the 4th. By the 5th, it was an absolute downpour, everything soaked through. It looked set, so we decided to call it a day.

15 minutes later the rain had stopped and it was brightening up. Typical.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A grand day out today at Glorious Shifnal with Bigfoot, Crow and Upsidedown (host).
Course in great condition with very slick greens.

All playing with old bats. Played 4 holes in the middle of the round with some 1.62 Penfolds.
Shot of the day was Bigfoot on the third hole, full iron shot, second bounce straight into the hole for an eagle 2.
He followed that up with a birdie 2 on the 7th with one of the old Penfold balls.

For me: Swilken driver, Spalding Centurion 3 and 5 woods, Wilson Blue Ridge blades 2-SW and John Letters Banker 5 putter.
I struggled with any consistency from the tee, a few good ones, but also hooks, skies and one scuff that didn't reach the fairway. 💩
Fairway woods, irons, chipping and putting weren't bad.
Really enjoyed the greens and the company, of course.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
A grand day out today at Glorious Shifnal with Bigfoot, Crow and Upsidedown (host).
Course in great condition with very slick greens.

All playing with old bats. Played 4 holes in the middle of the round with some 1.62 Penfolds.
Shot of the day was Bigfoot on the third hole, full iron shot, second bounce straight into the hole for an eagle 2.
He followed that up with a birdie 2 on the 7th with one of the old Penfold balls.

For me: Swilken driver, Spalding Centurion 3 and 5 woods, Wilson Blue Ridge blades 2-SW and John Letters Banker 5 putter.
I struggled with any consistency from the tee, a few good ones, but also hooks, skies and one scuff that didn't reach the fairway. 💩
Fairway woods, irons, chipping and putting weren't bad.
Really enjoyed the greens and the company, of course.
Pleasure to host you guys and really enjoyed the day using the old John Letters and 4 holes with the Penfold, my choice shot with it would be the chip up the green on 9 for a 5 , bogey.