I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A game of two halves. Front 9, probably the best I've played there. Straight drives, good hybrids, short game was on it, putted like a proper player 😄.

Back 9, 😭. Absolute blow up. 4 double bogeys on the trot. Shoddy shots, lost my putting touch. So disappointing. End score was okay but a round of what ifs 😔
Aye…we play an iffy game - one filled with ‘what ifs’ and ‘if onlys’…🙄 But still I 😍 it.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
well today was a day to forget, first major comp of the year and it started well, bogey, bogey par, then a bad lie in a bunker cost me more than it should and ihad a triple bogey, followed by a topped tee shot on the next hole and a 5 putt on the hole after that, i should really have jsut 3 putted at worse but the annoyance of turning a possible birdie into a bogey got to me.
After that my head had gone, I could feel my sore back and the round just deteriorated, gross 105 nett 96!!

Interesting take on the round is that when I am going along ok, my back doesn't bother me but when things are not going well I really notice my back and my concentration goes out of the window.

RichA

Visit site
I enjoyed Anglesey, rough around the edges like a links should be.
Bull Bay is good too, tough if the wind gets up though!
It did and it was. Very.
Absolutely beautiful golf course. The first hole makes you think it's a nice blend of linksy style and moorland with a bit of parkland design. Then the wind gets up and it's brutal. Many lost balls.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played Saturday. Week 3 of the Eureka swing. Warmed up too well and was striping it and made a great pitch and putt for par at the 1st to validate all my short game work put in. Problem was having hit it so well I got lazy with the technique and tempo was quick (trying to hit it miles subconsciously). Add in some silly 3 putts and it added up to 33 point round (with the mandatory blobbed hole). Annoying as 34 won in hard conditions

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Saturday. Week 3 of the Eureka swing. Warmed up too well and was striping it and made a great pitch and putt for par at the 1st to validate all my short game work put in. Problem was having hit it so well I got lazy with the technique and tempo was quick (trying to hit it miles subconsciously). Add in some silly 3 putts and it added up to 33 point round (with the mandatory blobbed hole). Annoying as 34 won in hard conditions
Never seen someone moan about hitting the ball too well before. You are an exceptionally talented moaner, great job. 😄

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Although I know many would kill to score what I score it's now6 rounds since I broke 80 and the handicap is going north at an alarming rate....
Another extremely average round today...quite how I managed 33 points is a mystery..OK, the 3 for 4 on our 3rd helped but the 2 blobs on the other side didn't....
Apart from putting, everything seems hard right now....
Another good score dropping off next time and if I don't extract my digit the Index will be up to 7......
Maybe new clubs are required :unsure:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played in a better ball comp at Tain, was pretty poor for the first 5 holes, but then came into my own, level par the rest. We didn't come anywhere but at least I showed some ability. 39 points
Winners where two you lads with 49 point off two quite high handicaps. Seniors open on the coming Friday and another 36 hole comp.. I'm not sure I could manage that.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out tonight for a bucket and 7holes. Hadn’t played for a 2 weeks due to weather , work commitments and family stuff.
I had been working on set up and now I have started to extend on my take away. The net result is distance and straightness … or at at least tonight it was. I will stick with it got a Wednesday off but the wife wants to go and see some appliances at JL. Sunday is a board competition so just need to make sure it all stays the way it was tonight and I might shoot 36pts !

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played our shorter 18 hole course yesterday with Jamie - it only re-opened on Saturday and wasn’t in the greatest condition - green keepers are stretched trying to recover the courses and with 48 holes and range to look after, it's a tall order, but, it was an opportunity to get out and play a few holes.

I plodded round 14 holes 7 over, Jamie about the same. He almost started with an eagle on the 350 yard opener. Driver and 8 iron from 130 yards, no idea how this didn’t go in..

IMG_4017 (3).jpg

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Liphook Sunday, despite the biblical rain Saturday night that had closed our place the course was in fantastic condition.

Giving 10 shots we managed secure the win on the 18th, and half the tie.

Smoj

Visit site
I played yesterday, straight from work - so I was a bit tired. the conditions were very windy but sunny and not too cold.

Shot my all-time PB of 82 - since the bad weather from November till April - only the front 9 holes have been open, so it has been endless looping playing the front 9 so on an average day I can do well, something which brings a bit of confidence going into the lesser seen back 9 +5 instead of double figures.

something that I thought helped was from the 7th to the 12th the wind was behind me so there was plenty of distance from the driver and long irons, another thing was I put back in a 14g weight in my driver after having a bit of a nightmare recently with the stock 4g weight in the back. something about a heavier weight helps me square the face-up and hit it straight

going into the Wind was a combo of 3hybrid and 3 Woods into the Wind which lost distance but was very much playable in the fairway, first time playing my Rocket 3 Wood at 13.5 too and it's a beast alright!

putting and short game was also a factor, I recently decided to go with a blade putter after always using mallets, and ever since the change my putting has been a strength in my game. 27 putts with 9 1 putts

been trying to compress the ball a bit better than what I usually do, so that's also coming on great, took 9 holes to hit a proper iron shot last week. now I'm starting to get the hang of it and the confidence is rising fast especially with the longer irons

here's to shooting a 105 next round 😅 (y)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today I played the first round of our singles knockout, playing a girl off 13 so I was giving her 4 shots, we started off shockingly, after halving the first with bogies, we halved the next three with double or net double bogies, then on the 5th (a shot hole) after she lost her ball and I the put my second in a ditch we halved the hole with a net triple bogey!!

After that we did improve with pars and birdies wining holes, sadly the 4 shots were too much for me and I lost 3&1, at least after the start I played better than at the weekend

AussieKB

Visit site
Arrived at Gatwick Monday afternoon and had my first hit on Tuesday at an old favorite Hankley Common, course was in fantastic condition, drove the ball well irons ordinary and struggled with the speed of greens, leaving it short 80% of the time, did not keep score but shot about 80.

Brought the sun with me as well, but still a bit cool for my liking.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played half doz holes with two balls late yesterday afternoon and it was lovely - weather and golf - and I haven’t been able to say that often for many months.

PaulMdj

Visit site
County Junior Patrons 4BBB today at Hartlepool GC, nice dry course, not in too bad condition, me and partner played well scoring 35pts of 7 & 8 respectively.
Event was won with 46pts by 2 guys off 16 & 18.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last night and drove the ball exceptionally well for me (2 rounds in a row with the open stance that the driver has worked), pity everything else was dreadful. Irons are still missing miles left, chipping was shocking, holed nothing with the putter and managed to chunk not one or two but three pitch shots from 90-100 yards. Really frustrating round, ended up +10 with 10 bogeys while never being in any sort of trouble off the tee.

Shot Scope strokes gained told the story, compared to their 5hcp I gained 3.54 off the tee while being -3.28 in approach, -0.78 in short and -2.65 in putting. I actually gained 0.84 off the tee compared to a scratch golfer, something that I don't do often.