I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Smoj

Visit site
shot 3 over front 9, I thought it was going to be a nice day... shot 14 over back 9. not so good :LOL:

while I was ready to sell all my golf stuff and move to Antarctica to never pick up a club ever again, I did have some positives - 89% GIR in the front 9 and no penalty strokes (kept the ball in play and not lose one first the first time ever)
my putting was dreadful but I took out a new putter which felt quite different from what I'm used to, weight-wise.

planning to go out 3 more times this week, so I'm looking forward to comparing rounds if my golf improves :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 22.26.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 22.26.05.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 9

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Magdalene Fields yesterday. Lovely course, but my god, the rough is penal. Lost 5 balls, my PP lost 3 and chatting to the guy who was hunting for his ball on 14, he had lost 6 by that stage!

Had 5 blobs as a result, but played well when I managed to keep it in play, 29 points was decent in the circumstances.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Magdalene Fields yesterday. Lovely course, but my god, the rough is penal. Lost 5 balls, my PP lost 3 and chatting to the guy who was hunting for his ball on 14, he had lost 6 by that stage!

Had 5 blobs as a result, but played well when I managed to keep it in play, 29 points was decent in the circumstances.

Stayed overnight in Wooler and played the course there today. 18 tee boxes, 9 greens. Fortunately it was pretty quiet so didn't get held up.

It must be the hilliest place I've ever played. Fortunately we had booked a buggy as it would have been a killer pushing trolleys up those hills.

Greens were very slow and in a poor state. Great views though.

As for the golf, pretty forgettable. Decided to give the driver a day off after it misbehaving yesterday. Just hit hybrids off the tee and did ok with them. Short game which was decent yesterday was absolute pants today. Funny old game.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today I shot my age,

We have introduced a blue course which is a shorter course for our juniors and older players, par 66, anyway I played it today and went round in 71, I was ultimately a bit disappointed as I was onlly 1 over par with 4 to go. worth a 0.7 handicap too

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Okay, where's that vomiting cartoon...?!?!?!? 🤣
And it wasn't merely the shorts!
Notice how far away the other two chaps stand, because my outfit is so offensive to their eyes.
I was runner-up in the 36 hole scratch comp a few weeks short of my 63rd, so I don't really give a monkey's.
I find this navy and grey "uniform" that other chaps seem to favour so hopelessly dull.

the shorts in action.jpg

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
And it wasn't merely the shorts!
Notice how far away the other two chaps stand, because my outfit is so offensive to their eyes.
I was runner-up in the 36 hole scratch comp a few weeks short of my 63rd, so I don't really give a monkey's.
I find this navy and grey "uniform" that other chaps seem to favour so hopelessly dull.

View attachment 48479
In fairness, they were probably standing that far away from your irons. They didn't want to get caught in the timeloop! 🤣🤣

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
In fairness, they were probably standing that far away from your irons. They didn't want to get caught in the timeloop! 🤣🤣
As it was a rainy day, I used the 2008 Ping i10s - my newest irons!
But you might be right with regard to the putter - Ben Sayers Opel Line 3 - from the 1990s.
That is also my newest putter, however.
Only one three-putt all day and that was from off the green.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today for the first time in what seems an age, well actually it was with Slab in the southern hemisphere. I think that is my fourth round in five weeks.
By my standard I drove it really well. I consciously tried to stop rocking on the tee and hit it well. The scores never came though. I don’t think I have seen the course so green at this time of the year. It looked splendid.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played in a seniors open at Derby GC. Round was poor. However, a new first for me today on the last. It’s a 240 yard par 4 but requires a draw as it’s on a slight right to left turn throughout its length. Absolutely nailed the drive with the required shape and ended up on the green pin high and 12ft right of the flag. Never hit the green on a par 4 in one before.

Before taking the eagle putt we noted a nearest the pin marker 6ft past the hole. On double checking it was nearest the pin in two! Hit a good putt that moved a little left at the end and shaved the hole stopping one foot past. In the excitement missed the tiny putt for birdie!! Just got a note to advise that I won the nearest in two, which has covered my entry fee 😀

I was told by my PPs that the course has improved significantly from when it was run as a municipal in the past and I enjoyed the course. Unfortunately, the person running the course is not going to continue and there is a likelihood that the course will not survive the end of the year which would be a great shame.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went TopGolf again with the wife. Bit expensive but there's not really a decent driving range without travelling a fair bit further, and she enjoys the points game aspect so it gets us practising at least. Been slicing the hybrid like mad lately, so worked on that for a bit. I think it's an age-old problem that always comes back and I always forget about - if I actually focus on finishing the swing rather than doing a half-arsed follow-through, it doesn't slice as much. Second game I used the five wood and was absolutely puring it for the most part, with that same throught in mind of finishing the swing. Got plenty in the pink target (about 190 yards) and got my second best ever score of 195 (beaten only by the top score I got a couple of weeks ago).

I've got one of those vibes you get sometimes where several things have been slightly wrong but you really feel like you're on a track to ironing them all out at once and that great round is just round the corner...

(Narrator: It wasn't.)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seniors Texas Scramble at Whitley Bay today. The 4 of us gelled well and posted a respectable net 57. We were sitting second when we left, behind another 57 with a better back 9.

Course was in great condition and the weather was lovely. Very enjoyable day.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I played today and.....well, played isn't quite the right description
More like "swiped at the ball and chased it around a field".
Or
Bloody awful

But it was interesting to watch my mate Andy shoot 31 points with 7..yes 7...blobs......
It was an adventure

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I played today and.....well, played isn't quite the right description
More like "swiped at the ball and chased it around a field".
Or
Bloody awful

But it was interesting to watch my mate Andy shoot 31 points with 7..yes 7...blobs......
It was an adventure

What? More adventurous than moi? :cool: