I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

gopher99

Visit site
Yeah the LS and it’s certainly clicky - it’s not normally something I have ever noticed before

The ball certainly flies better in the air , getting a bit more height and certainly more distance - just needed to get used to it around the short game
I have 10 more lazy days in Brazil before I come back and start playing again, I have got a couple of LS sleeves waiting for me when I get back. I have the feeling I will experience the same as you with the ball, long game will be ok but the short game will take a while to adjust to.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Last week on the first three par 5s, had hit well to be in position, and had to the green GW, PW, LW respectively. Walked off with 7, 7, 8 🤬 Also had 7 on the last par 5 although did have a punch out of trees.
This week played the same 4 holes in -1 against par. 10 shots better!
Unfortunately messed up on some other holes this week , frustrating but doesn't feel miles off (hopefully)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Scratch away game for the club today. Biblical rain from hole 10 until we finished. Absolutely drenched. Even my pants were wet. At least I won my match.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Club championship today - 36 holes off scratch.
The +1.2 man won - as expected.
We had thunder and rain morning and afternoon, but no lightning. So we had to battle on through several downpours.

I finished 5 shots behind the winner in the runner's-up spot, just one shot clear of third place.
Very, very chuffed with that.

The good lady has fed me and opened a bottle of 14.5% Auzzie Shiraz. Lovely.
Should sleep well tonight.

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Men's Summer Pairs knockout, and my partner was on fire thankfully.
i did something I've never managed before and got a wedge to spin back on the green. Sadly, it spun back off the green, down a slope and into a bunker! 😡😡
I was decidely average and hit some greats shots that just ended up with horrible bounces or refusing to sit and just couldn't buy a putt. My partner couldn't miss a putt for 11 holes and we were 1 up (I was giving them all 6 shots) after 11. Then the wheels came off for him and he started missing short putts, two of them from 3 foot, on consecutive holes and we were 2 down after 16.
I woke up.
17th, par 4. Shot hole. I hit a lovely 3 wood and then hit a 7 iron pitched it 166, but it released to 180ish leaving me a tricky, twisty 12 foot downhill putt. Which I hit to 2 foot, gimme. They both missed their 5 for 4 putts. 1 down.
18th, par 4. Hit a cracking drive to leave 125 yards. GW which just crept on to front of green. 8 foot uphill straight putt. The thing went in the hole. And then came out!!! Par and the opposition had a 6 foot putt to halve and win the match. Miss high! All square.
Head to the 1st again, and get let out ahead of a society (thankfully!). Driver with zero draw (rare as hen's teeth for me) left me slightly behind a tree, but the opposition in trouble too. Tried to hook one round with a hooded wedge, but it stayed too right and left it pin high, but some 10 foot off the green.
One of the opposition was in a bunker and he failed to get out. The other guy and my partner were almost level, but us to go first. My partner tells me to chip first and I do so. To 4 feet.
He then putts on to the green but only to 7 foot.
Opposition then completely duffs his and then putts to 4 foot for 5.
My partner misses his putt and it's over to me for the par and the win. I've lipped out 3, fractionally missed 3 and had two, yes two, go in the hole and out again. So this 4 footer is looking horrible and the hole is tiny.
Step up and stick it straight in the middle! For the win!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out in the captains qualifier yesterday.

Chuffed my driver is finally behaving and the swing feels much more natural.

Gutted the rest of my game has fallen apart.

Too many stupid doubles from greenside positions - chunking and thinning chips from everywhere and my putter wasn't hot enough to save me.

Frustrating game of ours.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
My 72 hole challenge on Friday started at 5am and finished about 8.30pm

A great day with 3 good blokes.

Played well all day with the following scores

Round 1 - 71 for 40 points
Round 2 - 73 for 36 points
Round 3 - 79 for 33 points - only allowed 3 clubs
Round 4 76 for 34 points

10 birdies so an extra £50 in the pot.

Yesterday was a struggle as everything hurt and I’ve now got the most horrendous pain in my right heel.

Think I’ll do it again next year

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Away day with Fragger and CVG down at Westerham - Bratty's place...the H4H voucher Fragger won last year.
First and foremost...Bratty...what a Guy!
The language got a bit choice at times but ...the perfect host, even losing to Fragger on countback to prop us up.
Personally, I played as well as I've played all year.
Off the whites, 74 blows (+2) for 42 points
3 birdies, no doubles.
And it's a smashing place to play.
Cheers Bratty...I'll play with you any day of the week

(y)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Echo what little chubby bro just posted, Westerham is a lovely golf course both aesthetically and to play,

Now I’ve played it once, I’d love to back and play it again, there were a few scabby bits of GUR following recent tree removal, but these will mature like the rest of the course.

Hard to believe the course is only about 25 years old.

Many thanks to our host with the most. Sir Bratty, lovely guy and so good to see someone so proud of his course, and rightly so, it’s a cracker.

The only gripe was the hole inserts, which were a tad above ground in a couple of cases

We were dead lucky with the weather, with one forecasting biblical rain.

@Imurg played out of his not inconsiderable skin with 42, CVG had 37 and my 6 points in the last 2 holes
Just pipped Bratty on countback , obviously the pressure of hosting got to him😎

Thanks Simon 👍

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Echo what little chubby bro just posted, Westerham is a lovely golf course both aesthetically and to play,

Now I’ve played it once, I’d love to back and play it again, there were a few scabby bits of GUR following recent tree removal, but these will mature like the rest of the course.

Hard to believe the course is only about 25 years old.

Many thanks to our host with the most. Sir Bratty, lovely guy and so good to see someone so proud of his course, and rightly so, it’s a cracker.

The only gripe was the hole inserts, which were a tad above ground in a couple of cases

We were dead lucky with the weather, with one forecasting biblical rain.

@Imurg played out of his not inconsiderable skin with 42, CVG had 37 and my 6 points in the last 2 holes
Just pipped Bratty on countback , obviously the pressure of hosting got to him😎

Thanks Simon 👍

How many new swear words did you and imurg learn?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't often post but managed to get round with 34 points today - and only two blobs. Not remarkable you may think, but this was by far the best round I've had for about 3 months or more. Have been playing absolutely abysmally - 22/23/24 points is the best I've managed recently and had begun to despair about how bad one could actually get. Yesterday was the absolute pits. At least today proved there is a game in there somewhere. Mostly managed to hit decent shots, and all is not lost. Hopefully can get back onto the right track again. :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We played Crook today and I had the best round so far of my short golfing life. Broke 80 for the first time shooting a 7+ 77. Some really good stuff, particularly wedge play. and tee shots on Par 3s. My game is improving and in a really good place.
Well done breaking 80 is a big milestone.
next one is breaking par.!
lots of practice needed.