I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was Presidents prize for us today, always a nice comp to win, I had been out practicing last night and hopefully had solved my fairway wood problem so was looking forward to seeing how I could play as I have been struggling at home.
I couldnt have started much better, I holed a decent 15 footer on the first to save par and then holed a monster 50 footer or so for a birdie on the second, I could keep it going though and had a 3 putt bogey on 3.
I continued steadily and after a front nine of 19 points, I holed a nice putt on 10 for a 3 point par, I continued steadily and had 2 points to srave on par with two to go, a bit of an unfortunate lie on 17 cost me and i failed to par the last so finished with 2 one pointers, for a level 36 points, The competiiton was won with 42 and 40 was 2nd place, which made me feel better about the dropped shots at the end of the round.
It was however my best round at home this season and means a small handicap cut.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday and had a really frustrating round. After the last month or so of terrible driving I drove the ball the best I have all season. 13 drives and not a single one found trouble, nothing was skied, topped, pulled, sliced etc. Shot Scope says my average driving distance was 262 yards, performance average of 279 yards (probably a best ever for me) and I hit nearly 50% of fairways. My putting performance was also the 2nd best of the season (new putter, maybe new confidence?) yet I scored terribly because I couldn't hit an approach shot to save my life and my chipping deserted me (normally a strength). I made bogey or worse from 75, 89, 109, 115, 120, 129, 131, 145 and 174 yards to go mostly from the fairway. Failed to get up and down from through the green in 2 on a par 5 to a back pin which was an easy chip that I left 8 foot short. With the way I drove the ball and putted I shouldn't have shot anything worse than +3 yet managed to shoot +10, just a really frustrating day.

Played with 3 seniors and had a great time talking to them. One of them was 83 and still walks the course, hits a 3 wood off the tee as his driver is too heavy for him and he had to play off the white tees where he couldn't even reach 3 of the par 3's but did it all with a smile on his face.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Very happy with this morning’s 74 (+2), but as always a round of what if… zapped the tree behind the 4th green, not the flag, so my knockdown 9i cleared the green and left me dead, and then I got my line all wrong on 13 and smoked my drive into an overhanging tree and it went OOB. The triple on 13 put me to +3, which I clawed back to +1 with birdies on 15 & 17, I really wanted to birdie 18 and get back to level so I went with the aggressive play off the tee and pushed it right which lead to bogey.

Today was some of the best golf I’ve played, the 6i I hit pin high on 15 was one of the best shots I’ve ever hit, thankfully I holed the putt too.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I played with three awful people today who completely lowered the tone of my golf club. They will not be welcome back! 🤣
It was entirely my pleasure to host @Imurg, @PhilTheFragger and Colin at Westerham. A great day, and I can't really say much that hasn't been said already by the Brothers Dimm. Loved it.
We totally dodged a bullet with the weather too.
I did however return to my bag next to the putting green to discover some joker had played a prank. See if you can spot it.
@Dando, reckon you'd have murdered them for this! I just let him beat me on countback! 😉
Screenshot_20230709_212502_Photos.jpg

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I played with three awful people today who completely lowered the tone of my golf club. They will not be welcome back! 🤣
It was entirely my pleasure to host @Imurg, @PhilTheFragger and Colin at Westerham. A great day, and I can't really say much that hasn't been said already by the Brothers Dimm. Loved it.
I did however return to my bag next to the putting green to discover some joker had played a prank. See if you can spot it.
@Dando, reckon you'd have murdered them for this! I just let him beat me on countback! 😉
View attachment 48454

Guilty, but we’ll worth it for the look of sheer horror on your face 😎🤭

Oh pouty one 🤭

Skytot

Visit site
6 of us played Stand GC (nr Bury ) with a reciprocal between our 2 clubs ( Home club Romiley) . What a great day , course was in superb condition, especially the greens which were the best I’ve played on this year . Some great quirky holes , little bit hilly for my dodgy knees but well worth it .

Jason.H

Visit site
Very happy with this morning’s 74 (+2), but as always a round of what if… zapped the tree behind the 4th green, not the flag, so my knockdown 9i cleared the green and left me dead, and then I got my line all wrong on 13 and smoked my drive into an overhanging tree and it went OOB. The triple on 13 put me to +3, which I clawed back to +1 with birdies on 15 & 17, I really wanted to birdie 18 and get back to level so I went with the aggressive play off the tee and pushed it right which lead to bogey.

Today was some of the best golf I’ve played, the 6i I hit pin high on 15 was one of the best shots I’ve ever hit, thankfully I holed the putt too.

Some of my best golf has come after a poor start recently. It’s like any tension is gone and once I’ve used my 3 handicap shots ( sometimes after 3 holes) I knuckle down with a more focused mindset. If only I could start like that😂

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
View attachment 48454

The trolley needs to be burned

Jason.H

Visit site
Played at Bigbury Golf Club today. Was going well till the rain and strong winds hit. 77 not a bad score in those conditions. Still drying out.
No birdies today 😭
Lovely greens for putting 👌

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Semi final of our matchplay league today, against a girl who always seems to have it over me in matches. it was a cagey start but thanks to a couple of par I was 2 up after 5, then I went on a run, birdie, par, par, par, par, par, birdie for a lovely 7&6 win, Now all I have to do is keep thta form going for a few weeks