I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent day at Tyneside gc, invitation day. Very windy, very, which made life hard but it's an enjoyable course, the company was good.

I struggle in the wind and today was no different. The urge to swing harder is overwhelming and I lost that battle on a number of occasions. Thankfully my partner helped out in those moments and we balanced well. A very respectable 35 points, happy with that.

For those who know the course, I was 2" from getting par on the coffin hole 😭. Course management at its finest. Hole into the wind, straight drive, 8 iron, straight again leaving a 60yd wedge. I put that 5ft from the hole, near pin high. The wind went a bit bonkers then and I was struggling to stand straight. Wobbling a bit, I hit the putt, dead centre, 2" short. So near. (If you don't know the course this will seem nothing. For those who have played it, they'll appreciate the effort and the desire to par 😄). The quest continues......

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nice knock off whites yesterday - couple under my PH in pretty windy conditions. Left 3 putts hanging and a couple of others just a few inches short so need to be aware of that for July Sunday medal today - unless that is the guys have cut the greens 🙄

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
After a 72 hole golf trip the early part of the week, I’d planned on a weekend off…. But Donnington Grove was £20 on golf now so I thought I’d play 9 holes whilst my Daughter was at gym, 3 others took advantage of the deal and we had a brilliant afternoon’s golf, followed by a beer in the sun. Trying to start the swing with my lower half rather than throwing my arms at it, still work to do but much better, also getting some confidence using the bounce more on my chipping, shame my putting was so poor.

Played 9 this morning when booking for next week, the weather was too nice not to! Played pretty well, 8 pars/1 bogey, chopping saved me in places.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Another disastrous round in today's medal.

Started bogey, par, birdie and was hopeful of playing reasonable golf for a change, slowly but surely however, it all began to go wrong.

Some missed putts, poor driving, lost balls, bad iron play (with the obligatory shank) and I scored 44 out 62 back for 106.
Say it quickly and it still sounds :poop:

Score differential - handicap index = 25.1-12.1 = 13
So I guess you could say I was 13 over handicap.

My handicap is going to go up very quickly by a large amount soon, which is where I think the WHS falls down very badly.
I shouldn't be rewarded for 4 or 5 months of crap play by having a big rise in handicap and then being able to clean up when my game finally returns.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a round this afternoon as I was at my baby's Christening yesterday. Maybe slightly hungover but nothing too bad.

Pretty ordinary round really. Struck the ball well, especially with driver and woods, holed absolutely nothing on the greens and chucked in a couple of three-putts for good measure, as standard. I don't think the Spider has made me any better or worse it's just the same, which is annoying as I don't want to be one of those people that changes putter frequently. Too many double bogeys and one-pointers left me on 32 points for my round of 87. Definitely should have been 2 or 3 better if I could actually make the ball go in the hole at any point.

Chipping was a bit better to start with, was actually forcing myself to hit it harder and get it to the hole - later on I kind of lost concentration and went back to leaving them short. Work in progress.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Had a round this afternoon as I was at my baby's Christening yesterday. Maybe slightly hungover but nothing too bad.

Pretty ordinary round really. Struck the ball well, especially with driver and woods, holed absolutely nothing on the greens and chucked in a couple of three-putts for good measure, as standard. I don't think the Spider has made me any better or worse it's just the same, which is annoying as I don't want to be one of those people that changes putter frequently. Too many double bogeys and one-pointers left me on 32 points for my round of 87. Definitely should have been 2 or 3 better if I could actually make the ball go in the hole at any point.

Chipping was a bit better to start with, was actually forcing myself to hit it harder and get it to the hole - later on I kind of lost concentration and went back to leaving them short. Work in progress.

I forgot my putter once and borrowed a Spider from the Pro for the round.
It was so stable and easy to use, can't remember ever putting so well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I forgot my putter once and borrowed a Spider from the Pro for the round.
It was so stable and easy to use, can't remember ever putting so well.
Yeah it feels nice to use, good roll on the ball, just a shame it doesn't read the putt for you or tell you how hard to hit it. 😆

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
July Sunday Medal today. And in difficult windy mid afternoon conditions, two doubles and then a triple on the 17th to finish two over PH - God…golf can be incredibly frustrating.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Highly enjoyable trip yesterday to Cuddington with @Imurg to meet up with @blueinmunich (yes he’s still alive) and @chrisd (yes he’s still alive too) 😎

Me n Chris took on the low cappers and only lost 4 & 2.

Chris gave me an infraction for swearing on the 12th, 🙄 but not in the same league as @Bratty

Some good golf, some atrocious golf, but what a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Visit site
We played Garesfield yesterday in a howling gale and got thoroughly soaked on holes 7 and 12. No chance of making GIR into the wind, conversely I was hitting 300+ when it was in my favour. Putted poorly, trying to readjust to golf after a long hiatus, I'm occasionally forgetting the basics (wind affects putting apparently)! Shot 91 at a Par 72, mainly due to posting 2 8s on uphill/into the wind Par 4s, one of which featured a dog stealing my ball as I walked towards it in the driving rain.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Highly enjoyable trip yesterday to Cuddington with @Imurg to meet up with @blueinmunich (yes he’s still alive) and @chrisd (yes he’s still alive too) 😎

Me n Chris took on the low cappers and only lost 4 & 2.

Chris gave me an infraction for swearing on the 12th, 🙄 but not in the same league as @Bratty

Some good golf, some atrocious golf, but what a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Yes, a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon. I don't think we actually lost as we are much higher handicap and there is an age differential that should have been taken into account!

I still struggle to find my swing so if anyone knows where I left it please let me know

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in our ex lady captains competition yesterday, I was playing well and going along nicelywith 19 points after 9 holes, including 2 putts that lipped out, parred our tough 10th and then on 11 misjudged a down hill birdie putt and 3 putted, then things went wrong, a good tee shot on the 190 yd par 3 12th ran right through the back of the green, a good wedge to the 13th landed in the middle of the green and somehow ended up off the back, bunker on 14, approach to 15rh through the back, and that was ab it.
It didnt help that the the person whose card I was marking was also going well and I was fully aware of how close we were, she did in fact end up winning the competition

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday as I had family commitments on Saturday. Golf is a really interesting game at times. Although I felt I hit the ball poorly yesterday and we played in a strong wind I managed to score better yesterday than I did on Wednesday when I felt I hit the ball great in great scoring conditions. Bogeyed the last 4 yesterday to leave a sour taste in the mouth for a 79 (+9, 6.4 differential), the last 2 holes really annoying as I hit perfect drives that left me 75 yards and 79 yards to the pin from the middle of the fairway and I pulled both pitch shots long and left and failed to get up and down missing a 3 foot and a 4 foot putt. Was pretty angry at myself as I walked off.

Finally fixed my driving in that I can keep it in play and it's a reliable shot shape but I'm not thrilled with a 30 yard "power fade". Putting is becoming a major issue again as I'm back to missing 2 or 3 short ones per round. Tried Aimpoint again yesterday and I think I got all of the reads correct in which way the ball would break but pace was not good. Going to stick with it I think but really need to work on pace and to stop pushing or pulling short putts.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yes, a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon. I don't think we actually lost as we are much higher handicap and there is an age differential that should have been taken into account!

I still struggle to find my swing so if anyone knows where I left it please let me know
Yep..cracking day approx the traffic coming home...
Rich and me shot a 72 better ball score...pretty respectable given the strengthening breeze and penal rough....which I am now going to call FraggerRough as he seemed to very "at home" in it....😋

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Starting on the 10th, a poor first 3 holes were followed by 6 good ones and I turned 1 under handicap...
Then came a truly abysmal 2nd 9, mainly due to the wind being strong and, seemingly, always across your line.
31 points doesn't get it done....
2 or 3 times I got myself on the wrong side of the hole and left myself no chance....

Pitiful......:cautious:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Starting on the 10th, a poor first 3 holes were followed by 6 good ones and I turned 1 under handicap...
Then came a truly abysmal 2nd 9, mainly due to the wind being strong and, seemingly, always across your line.
31 points doesn't get it done....
2 or 3 times I got myself on the wrong side of the hole and left myself no chance....

Pitiful......:cautious:
🎻 🎻🎻🎻😬

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played in a seniors match today, it's now official, I've completely lost the ability to play golf.

I felt sorry for my partner as we were trounced at home by 6&5.

Can't remember playing such a poor round of golf, or hitting so many shanks in one round. Lost count of the number of balls I lost. :cautious:

Anyone want to buy a set of golf clubs? 50 sets of golf clubs?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played in a seniors match today, it's now official, I've completely lost the ability to play golf.

I felt sorry for my partner as we were trounced at home by 6&5.

Can't remember playing such a poor round of golf, or hitting so many shanks in one round. Lost count of the number of balls I lost. :cautious:

Anyone want to buy a set of golf clubs? 50 sets of golf clubs?
If anyone does, I'll buy the remaining 20 sets. :ROFLMAO: