I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beautiful day out in a mixed comp at Lancaster golf club. Super company with playing partners Phil and Joyce , well jammy Joyce as I christened her, in the bunker/river....I don't think so, just short. Great course, great weather, great day.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Beautiful day out in a mixed comp at Lancaster golf club. Super company with playing partners Phil and Joyce , well jammy Joyce as I christened her, in the bunker/river....I don't think so, just short. Great course, great weather, great day.

How was Lancaster? We had a load join us from there this year as they weren't happy with the state of it at the moment. But I can't imagine ours being much better.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Managed to get out last night, teed off at half 7 and managed to get off the course at 9.25.

Played alright for 34 points but my driver once again cost me at least 6 shots with lost balls and a couple of wayward ones that meant I had to take my medicine. Hopefully after my lesson this Friday I can find a bit of form with it and get some decent scores on the board. Next one off is a counter and one of my low ones so I'm currently expecting another increase!

sjw

Visit site
(not today but yesterday)

After a triple on the first involving a lost ball with my first shot, I went on to shoot 90! Previous best was a 98 so I was really happy with that. I was only 6 over on the front 9. Really felt like it was all coming together. Was let through on the 3rd by a 2-ball, while they waited to the side of the fairway I striped driver 250 down the middle and had a brilliant up and down for par - 30 yard lofted shot over a bunker and sank a 6 foot downhill putt. Finished off with a birdie on 18. I don't really have any right to be but I was a bit disappointed I didn't break 90 as there were easily shots left out there.

sjw

Visit site
Scratch match today - very strange , played with someone who didn’t give a single putt , even from an inch 😂 so just marked it everytime - snuck a win and we managed a draw

If it ever happens again, do the full routine, looking at it from all angles and then straddle the line and do aimpoint, without cracking a smile.

peld

Visit site
Played Deer Park in Livingston yesterday. Despite previously living in Livingston, and it only being about 10 miles away now, had actually never played it.

Obviously my view may be skewed by the glorious weather but was very impressed. Course was in great shape, greens immaculate. Two very different nines - front 9 is flat and fairly straightforward but the back nine is up and down a big hill and significantly more difficult. Played the whole round without using driver given the firmness (had the 2 iron working nicely - hit one tee shot about 290 yards with it on 17, and hit two 2 irons to the par 5 8th for birdie).

For £25 after 12pm a real bargain - surprised it was so cheap.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So I was back at Ormskirk, for my knockout match not the best start as Idrove into a bunker off the first tee, ut I got it out and then hit and 8iron dead for a half in par
second hole she found a bunker with her 2nd but got out for a gimmee, i had a 15 foot birdie chance that grazed the hole, half in par
Thought I had a chance on the 3rd she drove into the trees and had to play 3 off the tee, but birdied with her 2nd ball my par putt lipped out, half in bogey.
She birdie the 4th one down
I holed a nice putt to birdie the 5th, all square,
I then bogied the next 2 but lost both to pars, 2 down,
the next 2 holes were both halved with pars, my birdie putt on 9 stopping on the lip

So after 9 holes I was just 2 down I was just 3 over gross so couldn't complain

Then on the 10th I found a green side bunker and didn't get it out, 3down
I hit a poor approach on the 11th lost with bogey to a par, 4 down,
Almost chipped in for a birdie on 12 she holed her birdie putt 5 down
on the par 5 12th she was on the green in 2, I got my par but a 2 putt birdie closed out the match 6&5

Apart from the 10th i played well and had nothing worse than a bogey and unlike yesterday the putts stayed out instead of dropping.
The girl I played was lovely to play with and very friendly, she was also under par when we finished, so well beaten but not disgraced
Good report and nothing to be ashamed of against somebody who was 15 shots lower if my memory serves me well. Think you need to take lessons from bDill93’for keeping us in suspense for 20 minutes. However being a Villa fan I suppose it was unusual for him so better give him some slack. Class Course Ormskirk.

Hopefully you will feel much better on Saturday around 16.50

Dingy

Visit site
Played only my second tie ever and managed to win 2 and 1. One up early on then two down by the tenth, I pulled one back at the eleventh when it looked like I was going to lose the hole thanks to a good up and down after being in the timber. I then won three in a row from the thirteenth then lost the sixteenth and won the seventeenth to win the match. Played quite well but have to sharpen up from fifty yards in.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Palyed in the England Golf Captain comp at hesketh today, brilliantly organised by our own Lincoln Quaker, 7

I had a shocking start and blobbed the first 2 holes thanks to poor tee shots, then I played pretty well all 2 and 3 points for the next 8 holes then another blob and I dropped a few towards the end for a disappointing 31 points.

Lovely day though, albeit play was a tad on the slow side, very nice hotpot in the clubhouse afterwards.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a hickory golf club scramble at Thorpeness GC yesterday, we were going okay for the first 12 holes but then had 5 bogeys in the last 6 holes!
Our net 64 was nowhere, 56 won and three 61s next.

Today was a mixed scramble back at my home club (don't think I've ever played two scrambles on consecutive days!) we were steady but unspectacular, two birdies tow bogeys, net 58.5, again not in the prizes.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played a hickory golf club scramble at Thorpeness GC yesterday, we were going okay for the first 12 holes but then had 5 bogeys in the last 6 holes!
Our net 64 was nowhere, 56 won and three 61s next.

Today was a mixed scramble back at my home club (don't think I've ever played two scrambles on consecutive days!) we were steady but unspectacular, two birdies tow bogeys, net 58.5, again not in the prizes.
Hope you're not overdoing it. Two days in a row and Thorpeness is fairly "remote".

Rest up for the main event on Saturday. :)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Hope you're not overdoing it. Two days in a row and Thorpeness is fairly "remote".

Rest up for the main event on Saturday. :)

I was knackered when I got back from Thorpeness, I'd driven back from Devon the day before and it was an early start for Thorpeness, back home after 10 pm.

I could do with a few holes before Saturday to bed in my clubs of choice for "The Big One". (Still not yet decided what clubs they are though!)