I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After a practice round & a weak Seniors Qualifying attempt my, 3rd round at Hesketh GC, yesterday, saw me improve enough in the Captains Event, to get a 7th qualifying place in the EngGolf National Finals at Woodall Spa this Aug.
So it's on to Seaton Carew next week to see if I can get through in the Seniors. Screenshot_20230531-235517_Golf Genius.jpg

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
After a practice round & a weak Seniors Qualifying attempt my, 3rd round at Hesketh GC, yesterday, saw me improve enough in the Captains Event, to get a 7th qualifying place in the EngGolf National Finals at Woodall Spa this Aug.
So it's on to Seaton Carew next week to see if I can get through in the Seniors. View attachment 47959
I know the chap in third place as he was a member at my club for a few decades. He was captain one year.
He's at a different club now.

He has a cousin Matthew Cort who is a pro. He qualified for The Open one year.
Played against him in a first team match at his club when he was a young lad - beat me 5&4.

D

Deleted member 15344

On a bday trip with her indoors to Celtic Manor at the moment

Played Roman Road yesterday- enjoyable quirky course , needs a bit of water already , greens very quick

2010 today , enjoyable course , far better than the Brabazon , greens were very nice , quick but receptive, good bunkering which caught me out during a few early holes

I’m not normally a fan of all the fluff etc but it’s very understated there but they seem very proud of having the Ryder Cup there and so they should

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Seniors stableford comp today with 40 entrants. Yellow tees.

3-over front nine and 1-over back nine for 37 points and 8th place, although equal 6th.

Made two 2s. So there's some pro-shop credit for that.
That makes three 2s in four comps so far this year - kerching! - putting for dough!

Looks like a 0.2 cut.
Next comp I'll be losing my best score, but most I can go up is 0.3.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
So it's on to Seaton Carew next week to see if I can get through in the Seniors. View attachment 47959
well played, I wasted far too many shots

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back to home course today for a medal, played steady but threw a few silly shots away, 84 gross, 75 nett, losing a good score so handicap will be going up

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The lack of talent continued today..for a while anyway.
Starting on the 10th I made a complete and utter cow-pat of it....
Next hole wasn't much better either.
After my drive on our 3rd it seemed like it was going to be a very long day..
Bit the game came back a little and I finished then9 relatively well.
Onto our back 9 and, all of a sudden I was hitting fairways and greens and chipping well and scoring decently.
Don't ask - no idea...
But a 4 foot putt on our 15th that completely defied gravity by, literally, going all the way around the hole and finishing 2 inches from it slowed me a little.
Decent pars on the last 2 got me in with 33 points, a counting score but no reduction to Index.
Brighter skies are visible

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played in a seniors open at Stratford-on-Avon GC yesterday. Course was in very good condition, with excellent but fast greens, and the team running the comp and catering were well organised.

Played my best for a while and my 34pts was only three behind the winner of my division.

Only gripe is that on the 9th a group of presumably members decided to hit through us (we were the last group in the comp), whilst we were looking for two balls in the rough under some trees. I then just waived them on to avoid any confrontation, but that’s not a great advert to visitors of the club. I’ll be the first to admit we were not the quickest, but it’s not always easy to judge how far you hit it on a course not played before and although the rough was only an inch or so high it was hard to spot the balls in it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Last day at Celtic Manor

Playing the Montgomerie

Nice and hilly , some good holes

Went out behind two groups of guys who prob play once a year , and they paired is with two 28+ HC’s

It was slowwwwww - 5 hr 30 plus

I don’t mind playing with the very high HC players but they at times think that someone is a coach when they see a low HC and it’s a bit annoying when they ask after every shot - what did I do wrong there etc

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Last day at Celtic Manor

Playing the Montgomerie

Nice and hilly , some good holes

Went out behind two groups of guys who prob play once a year , and they paired is with two 28+ HC’s

It was slowwwwww - 5 hr 30 plus

I don’t mind playing with the very high HC players but they at times think that someone is a coach when they see a low HC and it’s a bit annoying when they ask after every shot - what did I do wrong there etc

I can’t enjoy 5 1/2 hour rounds anywhere. It sucks all the enjoyment out of the game.

A friendly knock at ours this morning. Owing to the savage second cut my driver is staying largely in the bag, only venturing out on two of our par 5’s. Everywhere else it’s mainly the 2 iron off the tee, which keeps the ball in play and, given the lower trajectory and extra roll, is keeping me up with playing partners’ drivers.

Hit it lovely, chipped and putted well for 35 points. The course is beautiful but playing as tough as I can remember in 20 years, so I’m pretty pleased with that.

Now, if it would only warm up a little. I’m less than happy playing in June wearing a gilet and bobble hat.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Five and a half hours round The Monty??? I wouldn't have passed the car park at the turn...

Played at Minchinhampton today freebie as reciprocal. Haven't played it in years. Decent layout in great condition too. Been playing with a frozen shoulder for a couple of months, to it said "ENOUGH!" Wow it hurt, so from 8th, I mainly walked round to keep the chaps company...actually I wasn't driving or I'd have been out of there!

Sunningdale Wednesday, so I've got to rest and hope I can get some treatment at the start of the week.

Not feeling very happy this evening

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Second round of our foursomes knockout yesterday evening. Had been looking forward to this as we were playing against our head green keeper who plays off of +4 and I had not seen him play before. His PP was off 11 and mine 25 so we were getting 21 shots.

We were hoping to at least keep the game going until the middle of the back nine and it ended on the 15th - with us winning 4&3 🙂. Witnessed some great ball striking, including the first time I have seen someone drive it onto the green of our 300 yard 13th. In the main we played well, which we knew we needed to, and the others did make a few mistakes. We were 4up after 5, back down to 1up after 11, but then won 12, 13 & 14 to effectively seal the match.