I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played with a couple of mates and a guy who used to play with us about 5 years ago. He was off 6 then, had a bad knee and struggled, but now had an operation on the knee and his hip so cured the problem. Trouble is he's now off 18, but still has a very good short game and long putting. We struggled against the tide of pars with a shot on the on all but one 1⃣ on the first 7 holes to find ourselves 3 down on the 6th tee. Got it back to 1 down on front. Before we had a birdie barage on the back 9 and Won 2 up on 17.

Great game, please how I hit it all round, putting was really pleasing.

Course in excellent condition, greens really quick as it was the scratch moray and Nairn after us.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of our top, if not THE top after Club Champion, Honours Board comps - The Earl of Bucks Medal.
Started ok and then the game, which has been significantly absent for a while, kicked in and I turned 3 over par and 2 under handicap.
Kept it going until our 15th when, without hitting a poor shot, the bogey train arrived at the station.
Bogeyed the last 4 holes for total of 78 nett 69.....
And I'm winning it :love: :love:
Just 3 scores to come in, but judging from when they signed in ( all early this morning) they've probably NR'd....
Feeling kinda smug....😋

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
One of our top, if not THE top after Club Champion, Honours Board comps - The Earl of Bucks Medal.
Started ok and then the game, which has been significantly absent for a while, kicked in and I turned 3 over par and 2 under handicap.
Kept it going until our 15th when, without hitting a poor shot, the bogey train arrived at the station.
Just 3 scores to come in, but judging from when they signed in ( all early this morning) they've probably NR'd....
Feeling kinda smug....😋
I've been away this weekend so couldnt play, otherwise "The Fragger Effect" would have meant a different result.....possibly...

Well done Bro, Thats two names on Boards at Ellesborough, The Chuckle Brothers are taking over....What took you so long? :D

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a comp yesterday, finished 4th with 37 points so happy with that…to a degree. Drove the ball the worst I have in a long time but I scrambled well and my putting was solid.
Put in a casual card today off the yellows, again drove really poorly apart from a few holes, also went into two hazards because we are getting more roll out 🤦‍♂️ (need to learn the course more in firmer conditions). Went round in 86 (par 70) which included a few horror holes 😱 so again I was happy but I know there’s massive room for improvement.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Feeling kinda smug....😋
You've every right to be smug.

(y) Jolly well done old bean. (y)

Mind you,

;) "NINE HANDICAP BANDIT BEATS TWO DECENT PLAYERS WHO BOTH SHOT A GROSS 69 WITH HIS SPAWNY NETT 69" ;)

imurg win.jpg

;););)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Medal today, played okay, just couldn't put anything together. +9 on the front with just the two pars.

Back 9 was of a similar vein, scrappy all the way. Took a 7 on the 17th and then couldn't find my ball next to the 18th green and it wasn't worthwhile going back to replay so took a NR. Golf.

rystaman

Visit site
Another 85 today matching my lowest score on the score. The 3-putt bogey on the last was a downer to end on. Another odd round though just not feeling comfortable over the ball recently but I'll take the results!

IMG_7379.PNG

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
mixed 4BBB at our place today, I didn't have a par until the 12th, then parred 4 out of the last 7, shame the other 3 holes were double bogies, my frustrations continue.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I was rubbish yesterday, too many wayward iron shots into poor positions.

I started badly again today, I was +7 after 9, including a missed 1ft tap in 🤯, I then birdied 10 & 11, good bogey on 13 and a poor bogey on 17 for a level back 9, I had 2/3 good birdie chances.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to the driving range. Not something I often do but I have had three pretty poor rounds in a row.

Did something I've never really done and tried adjusting my grip. Only slightly. I've always had a strong grip, and I left the left hand as it is, but turned the right round to the left just a fraction, weakening that hand slightly, but the grip overall kind of feels firmer. Previously my right hand was pretty much underneath the grip. Hopefully will stop the two-way irons miss, and maybe make my driver a bit less slicey. Didn't seem to make a massive difference on the range, but it certainly didn't make things worse. I have a day off Thursday for a friendly knock so I might use it as a bit of an experiental round. Toying with the idea of a Fleetwood style pencil grip for putting as well - went better than I expected on the practise green the other day.

So yeah, basically a couple of bad round and I'm panicking and changing everything. 👍🏻

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Went to the driving range. Not something I often do but I have had three pretty poor rounds in a row.

Did something I've never really done and tried adjusting my grip. Only slightly. I've always had a strong grip, and I left the left hand as it is, but turned the right round to the left just a fraction, weakening that hand slightly, but the grip overall kind of feels firmer. Previously my right hand was pretty much underneath the grip. Hopefully will stop the two-way irons miss, and maybe make my driver a bit less slicey. Didn't seem to make a massive difference on the range, but it certainly didn't make things worse. I have a day off Thursday for a friendly knock so I might use it as a bit of an experiental round. Toying with the idea of a Fleetwood style pencil grip for putting as well - went better than I expected on the practise green the other day.

So yeah, basically a couple of bad round and I'm panicking and changing everything. 👍🏻
Sounds like you need a new driver 🤣

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Williams Trophy at our place today - one of our big comps. Stableford scoring so the winner is likely to be a higher handicapper.
I was in the vets at 1 am this morning with the wife and the boy having the oldest dog put to sleep, so the golf was hopefully a distraction from the grief - and it was exactly that.. 7 points on the front nine, 19 on the back - it didn't matter.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Williams Trophy at our place today - one of our big comps. Stableford scoring so the winner is likely to be a higher handicapper.
I was in the vets at 1 am this morning with the wife and the boy having the oldest dog put to sleep, so the golf was hopefully a distraction from the grief - and it was exactly that.. 7 points on the front nine, 19 on the back - it didn't matter.

Sorry for your loss, Mel.

Zig

Visit site
Gotta love this game... my first medal of the season.

2 over gross front nine (3 bogeys, 1 birdie).
Happy with that.
Back nine sees everything from a triple bogey, two doubles, and a birdie on SI1. 10 over gross just for the back nine!

Oh well, there's always next week I guess!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Played my first medal of the year on Saturday. Out in nett 37, back in nett 33 so on par for the course and still went up 0.1 (thanks WHS).
Having not played for a while, I was happy with the score and left a few shots out there so I recking should have been 2-3 shots better. Saying that I had a good few up and downs on the last few holes so it's roundabouts and swings.
I played with a young lad who was getting his first card in for his handicap. His brother, who plays off 20, was playing earlier than us.
His brother came in with 75-20. Nett 55!
I am sure his handicap will come down fairly rapidly.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Played my first medal of the year on Saturday. Out in nett 37, back in nett 33 so on par for the course and still went up 0.1 (thanks WHS).
Having not played for a while, I was happy with the score and left a few shots out there so I recking should have been 2-3 shots better. Saying that I had a good few up and downs on the last few holes so it's roundabouts and swings.
I played with a young lad who was getting his first card in for his handicap. His brother, who plays off 20, was playing earlier than us.
His brother came in with 75-20. Nett 55!
I am sure his handicap will come down fairly rapidly.

Gross 75 off 20 :ROFLMAO: Surely he's played before?

If not - he's going to be a serious player with added practice!