I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another new course for me, Enville Highgate, very enjoyable but pretty tough, there were a lot of long pars close to 400 yds (most would have been par 5s at mine) also a monster 536 yds par 5. The course starts of heathland and then has a more parkland feel as you play through tree lined fairways before a couple of heathy holes at the end, I started decently with a couple of pars and a birdie but the long holes killed my card, as I could not get anywhere near the greens in regulation so I was striving for more distance and messing up my game.

Would certainly like another visit now I know what to expect

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Work society day today. I've been cut to 12 due to recent wins and played very well considering the wind.

Driver wasn't really playing ball today and my new 4 iron was behaving beautifully, I'm so very happy with that purchase.

Ended up with an 85 gross and 34 points. Actually 3rd time in a row shooting 85 too, feeling very positive right now.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Squeezed 18 in this morning before heading up to villa!

Played well for 15 holes then somehow missed a 1 foot putt on 16 for par and followed that with a sliced tee shot on 17 (par 5) which was lost - ended up with a triple!

Gross 85 and left thinking what could have been 😂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out solo dead early..best part ofvthe day..
Trying out different balls as well as shots..
Thankfully I missed a hole in one by 6 inches on our 8th...
Playing 197 yards into a stiff breeze i don't think I could stand the ribbing of getting a HiO on a par 3.....with a 4 wood..... :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Saturday swindle - was surprisingly very chilly with hoodie and padded gilet required

Started with a bogey , 2 birdies later and finished the front 9 1 under , started the back 9 birdie birdie and then rolled off 7 straight pars . Missed about another 2 solid birdie chances as well

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still trying to get my head around today's round. Front 9, lovely. It was Zach Johnson golf, with more shots of course 😉. Straight off the tee, solid irons, good short game. Nothing extravagant, just percentage golf and led to my best score after 9, white tees, at my course.

Next 9 o_O😭. 10th hole par 5, good tee shot, 2nd over a ditch. Hit it well, expected to walk to it, ball in ditch, penalty drop required. Messed it up, 8 on the card. 2 holes later, par 4, fluffed two mid iron shots from nowhere and for no reason, fluffed chip around the green, another 8. A few holes on, par 3, well struck tee shot sneaks into a green side bunker. No problem, just pop it out. Sand is firm, club hits it solidly and flies the green. More fluffed chips and a poor putt, 7 😲.

Finished 11 shots worse off on the back 9 compared to the front, par is 35 on each 9. Not happy 😠.

The upside, really strong off the tee, consistency of the front 9, lovely weather and a really smashing 4 ball that was a pleasure to be with today. As one guy said as we walked up to the 18th green, "well, my golf has been (expletive) but I've had a great time"

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting really fed up with golf at the moment. Third week in a row that I've played really good golf for 11 or 12 holes but just chucked shots away on the others. 27 points* again in the Stableford today. Can't even pinpoint anything I'm doing wrong, I seem to be hitting the ball well but just leaking shots left right and centre. Didn't putt well today, but the greens were suddenly twice as fast as the other week - I even had a four putt on one hole, shamefully. My pitching yardages seem to have gone up the wall since I got new clubs, most of them were 10 or 15 yards too long. Do those two things account for 7 shots gone though?? Maybe, maybe not.

Started on the 8th and sliced my first tee shot into the pond, but actually started the round quite well. After parring the 13th I had 13 points from 6 holes so was looking like a decent round, but then I doubled the 15th and the dreaded four putt was on the 16th for a blob. Doubled the 18th for another blob and from the 1st we were stuck behind a society so hard to get anything going then. I parred the 5th and 6th but that only brought me to four pars all day.

Struggling mentally with this at the moment.

*we're still only playing 17 holes but hopefully just for one more week.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played with two of my oldest friends today. One which hasn’t played for over a year. But he’s the annoying type that just rocks up and stripes a 250 yarder down the first 😂.

I have been plying poor lately but I think a combination of good company and a bloody nice day saw me put a nice round together, even with a few dodgy holes, a 77 (+6) and even a run of three birdies on the bounce that came from nowhere.

Good day, but bloody knackered now.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a very enjoyable round at Kibworth GC in a 4BBB with GG26, and I was shown how to putt by the man who said on the practice green that his short putting was a bit suspect....

He holed two monsters on the first two holes and I can't remember him missing a short one all round, well played!
(And that must be one of the reasons why I didn't appear on the card very often. 😳:ROFLMAO: )

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange round today.
hit the ball great.
chipping and putting another story.
greens had been fed and are fantastic but very slow And dead just no run in them.
really struggled to adjust to the pace.
mainly with my chipping, they were like Velcro.
just could not get my head around them.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played a very enjoyable round at Kibworth GC in a 4BBB with GG26, and I was shown how to putt by the man who said on the practice green that his short putting was a bit suspect....

He holed two monsters on the first two holes and I can't remember him missing a short one all round, well played!
(And that must be one of the reasons why I didn't appear on the card very often. 😳:ROFLMAO: )
Enjoyable round and one of the rare occasions the short putting held up! Crow brought along some good looking persimmon woods and struck some lovely shots with them. The course is still playing long and our 39 pts is currently 14th of the 65 scores returned, so not too bad at all.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Still trying to get my head around today's round. Front 9, lovely. It was Zach Johnson golf, with more shots of course 😉. Straight off the tee, solid irons, good short game. Nothing extravagant, just percentage golf and led to my best score after 9, white tees, at my course.

Next 9 o_O😭. 10th hole par 5, good tee shot, 2nd over a ditch. Hit it well, expected to walk to it, ball in ditch, penalty drop required. Messed it up, 8 on the card. 2 holes later, par 4, fluffed two mid iron shots from nowhere and for no reason, fluffed chip around the green, another 8. A few holes on, par 3, well struck tee shot sneaks into a green side bunker. No problem, just pop it out. Sand is firm, club hits it solidly and flies the green. More fluffed chips and a poor putt, 7 😲.

Finished 11 shots worse off on the back 9 compared to the front, par is 35 on each 9. Not happy 😠.

The upside, really strong off the tee, consistency of the front 9, lovely weather and a really smashing 4 ball that was a pleasure to be with today. As one guy said as we walked up to the 18th green, "well, my golf has been (expletive) but I've had a great time"
Funnily enough, the lad who said that finished top 10 out of more than 100 entries.

When I got in, the wife asked how golf was. I replied along similar lines, saying I played dreadful (which was an understatement), but really enjoyed it. I'd never really thought about it, but I'd much rather play crap golf with great company than good golf with folk who are hard work.

It was a really enjoyable morning, and you shouldn't beat yourself up about a couple of bad holes, Strokeplay off the whites is a brutal format. Overall, you played a lot of good stuff.

Visit site
Stableford today. Got away nicely with 3 pars. 3 putted the 4th, then back to back blobs/double bogeys and another blob at 8. Another 3 putt on 9 and then a level par back 9.

Tough day, lots of wind.

one for the WHS thread… Todays winner:
PCC +1 so that goes in the handicap books as a +7.5 differential 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 15

Teebs

Visit site
First comp in 10 years, net 78. :confused:

Actually struck the ball really well but just leaving myself in impossible situations combined with a very long course off the white tees with zero roll.
PCC of +2.

Pleased with the attitude, didn't lose my head (or indeed a ball for the whole round).
Did manage to get a 2 so that's nice..

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday in the group directly in front of @Lord Tyrion and @rudebhoy who got to see me pull my tee shot into the trees that bounced out then top my hybrid 100 yards. Not the best of starts as and I was 4 over after four.

Same as Wednesday though I steadied the ship and parred the next 7 while missing 3 great birdie chances. Ended up shooting 78 (+8) for a 5.6 differential and had another 2 which looks like it’s going to pay out £12.

Greens were much, much better as the course seems to be drying out. I did drop 2 shots which I felt I could do little about. First one I was plugged in a bunker under the face and the ball about 2 inches below the sand level where I could only chop at it with 1 foot out the bunker and 1 in. The other I had a huge lump of mud on the right side of the ball and being in the first cut I couldn’t clean it. With OOB all down the right side I couldn’t aim out there and hope the mud would bring it back. I hit what felt like a great shot but after about 40 yards of flight (which was right at the flag) it just dived bombed like a kamikaze pilot left and ended up 30 yards wide and 40 yards short of the green. Guess I need to learn to hit more fairways when it’s wet. 😁

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scorchio in the NW yesterday .......but sadly the golf was cold at the start of the round, 6 over through 8 and then played the next 10 in 3 under before a 3 putt bogey on the last. 75 gross and PCC was 2 which helped the cut to 3.2.

Started the season pretty solid, 4 down 3.2 and turning a bad score into a good one yesterday was pleasing.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in a medal yesterday, it didn’t go well, 5 triples. The annoying thing is I played quite well on 12 holes, unlucky on another, but those 5 triples were stupid, poor decision making mainly.

Take the 2nd hole, straight par 5, it’s about 150 to clear the thick rough and reach the fairway. Snap hooked my drive about 20 yards, 2nd shot in the rough I hit my hybrid didn’t get enough of it and it went maybe 50 yards. 3rd shot, still in the rough instead of being sensible and hitting an 8 iron, I tried to make up for the previous poor shots and hit my 4 wood, dug into the rough and it went 20 yards. 3 shots and I’ve still not reached the fairway!

This kind of thing happened a few times, poor decision making, chasing a par after a poor shot instead of being sensible and accepting a bogey. Not like me at all in a medal, I usually play the sensible shot. Must remember this for next time!

Finished on 97, net 79, thought I’d be miles off the pace but only 1 person out of 112 finished under their handicap.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Big comp at our place yesterday. Top 8 from sat and sun play off on Wed for top prize of a set of irons.
Sun out but wind got up in the afternoon.
Played some great stuff early doors.
Rolled in a 10 footer on 2 for bird to go 1 under. Missed a 3 footer on 3 for another.
Got through to the short par 3 8th level. 25 footer than burned the edge and rolled 2 feet past. Missed the return. Bogey 9 to finish front 2 over.
Back 9 good up and down 10 for par. 11 left 20 footer in the jaws for bird. Scrambled par on 12.
13 on board the par 3 then 3 stabbed it after leaving long putt short. This was the start of the end.
Par 5 next. Miss judged the wind and left my approach short with 112 yards in. Poor putt from just off the green lead to bogey.
Long par 15th bogey. 16 par.
17 Missed green from 150 into wind. Chip kicked off hill and ran 12 feet out. Gave the Putt a run and missed 2 footer back trying to tap in quickly.
Big drive down 18. Kicked left and had to play a big draw 2nd shot if I wanted to get close. Pulled hooked it into trouble and finished double double. Sick.

5 hour round the sun finally got to me. Pace of play was awful. My swing was going on the back 9. Got mentally drained grinding. Happy with a lot of things in the round. The rest I'll learn from. 2 over thru 12 to finish 9 over is really disappointing.

Good but tiring day and a feeling that I let a good round slip.