I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 15344

Club match at Ellesborough- lovely day , course playing well , greens nice and quick. Started from the tenth - couple of early birdies for halves set the tone for the day where we lost on the last to a birdie 😂 but good fun

Jason.H

Visit site
Practice round today. Pleased to be striking the ball better. Wedge play was good but putter let me down. 1st round of the club champs Saturday 🤣😂

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
*STOP PRESS*
Slime drove like a God, today, only missed one fairway and that finished in the 1st cut.
One tiny change and my driving was as good as it has ever been .................... ever!
The rest of my game was average, but I couldn't give a stuff.

Oh, did I mention I drove the ball well today?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a Stableford comp today, I missed a 18inch par putt on the first and that set a trend, I three putted 7 times, some leaving it shot, some hitting way past and a couple of short putt misses, also thinned 4 chips, all in all added up to just 27 points, at least my long game was decent.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
First round of Seniors Scratch Stableford at Wallasey and stood on 17th tee level par , you know the rest. Lost ball for blob, then had a whiff in the rough and missed the bogey putt on 18. Lying 7th in the nett just 2 off the lead so all to play for tomorrow.
Being a 2 ball in bunch of 3's not great and then add a 5 hour round into the mix maybe not surpring ran out of steam .
Course in fantastic condition
Well only went and won the Nett 😁😁
Solid 36 points saw me on 72 with 4 on 71 and was 25th in the Gross.
Holed a 40 footer on 16th for a 2 to be level nett . On the 17th , leaked it right so blind shot to a back flag and flushed a 4 iron 190 . Got to green and no sign of it ,nestled in foot long grass at the back ,hacked it out to 8 foot and lipped out with the putt but still level nett as last shot hole.
Drive on 18 down the right and not wanting to go long hit a 6 iron that held the front of the green ,flag at the back . Lagged it to 6 foot for an uphill putt and drained it 😁😁😁

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well my scratch match against the +2 club champ yesterday went probably as well as I’d reasonably expect. I lost 4&3…but it was closer than the result might suggest. 1 up after 7, I made poor mistakes on 8 and 9 so turned 1 down. 3 down after 13 I three putted 15 (though a difficult long putt so won’t be too hard on myself) to lose match.

Issue for me of course was that once I was down I could see that me winning a hole would be difficult…he didn‘t make many mistakes and always recovered, and never once missed a shorter (6ft and under) putt.

All in all, though disappointed at losing and ruing my poor mistakes on 8 and 9, I felt I had acquitted myself well. And it was a lovely late afternoon early evening and we had a nice chat as we went round.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Exchange day to Belton Park, Grantham.
Random draw for AmAm teams on the day.
Everyone playing from the yellows.
Came first with 91 points.
My contribution - 3 birdies, 3 nett birdies and several pars.
Never played the course before - quite chuffed as this was only second game this month.

£50 for full English breckie, 18 holes and roast beef dinner with apple crumble and custard.
Came home with a dozen Callaway chrome soft and 3 ProV1 - So that is more than £50 of balls. Great day.

Last edited:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
latest round of the DailyMail Forusomes this evning, after a dry day it started raining as we tee'd off and didn't top for 7 holes, We were play a pair from the very nearby Worsley Marriott and giving 4 shots, it was a close match, myself and my partner were a bit up and down as was one of our opponents, although the other opponent was bang on her game barely hit a poor shot, even holes out for about 60 yards on one hole. Happily we settled down a lot better on the back nine and came out winners 2up

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Captain invitational at Royal Dornoch yesterday. Great weather for it but 5 hours plus waiting on every shot. Hit it well 40 points but no where near the prizes 🤣

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with the Fragster first thing........his game summed up in 2 holes.
Our 1st, par 4 380ish, decent drive, 2nd on the green 20 feet away, 2 putts for par
Our 3rd, par 4 , 380+ up and over and up again...hooks drive, lost ball, back to the tee, decent 3rd, slaps 4th towards bunker, duffs 5th, hooks 6th down into thick rough, lost ball.
He's a legend... :ROFLMAO:
I was pretty steady all the way, 17 on our 1st 9 ( back 9) and 20 on the other side.
I've developed an annoying habit of fanning the putter face open every now and then....missed a sitter from a couple of feet today..
Small cut coming..down to 6.3.
Satisfactory.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think I need to face up to the fact that for the first time in my life I'm actually getting worse at golf. I used to think 30 points was a bad round, now it looks like a dream I once had. The decent round on Thursday was just a strange anomaly. Granted I was a bit hungover this morning, but that's no excuse for what followed. I did something I never do and just completely gave up with four or five holes left, stopped counting and just chopped it round to the end. Complete joke of a round. I dunno how many it was at the end, doubt I even made 20 points let alone 30.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Ahhhh golf.

I had two 9’s on the card today. Friggin 2 of them!

Some solid stuff at times but some terrible terrible stuff too.

Handicap is only going one way atm 😂

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Two man Texas scramble on the Struie we played OK, admittedly we are a two and a scratch player so not many shots, so was 4 under gross. Winning score was 51 points.