I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played 18 in the windiest conditions I've ever played in.

It was actually quite enjoyable for a spell but once we caught up with the traffic it got very cold, very quickly. I'd have quite happily walked in after 11 holes but by that point you're as far away from the clubhouse as you can be so may as well play it.

Driver was OK, wedges decent, irons awful.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to the new BigShots range in Harrow with the wife. It's £20 for an hour and you get unlimited balls - it just works via Trackman and there's loads of games you can load up on the screen. Not bad, might be better value than Top Golf overall. I hit a handful of half-shanky heel strike with the irons as I always do at driving ranges, smashed the driver pretty well though. Wife continued to hit driver well and 7 iron badly, but seemed to enjoy the experience.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to the new BigShots range in Harrow with the wife. It's £20 for an hour and you get unlimited balls - it just works via Trackman and there's loads of games you can load up on the screen. Not bad, might be better value than Top Golf overall. I hit a handful of half-shanky heel strike with the irons as I always do at driving ranges, smashed the driver pretty well though. Wife continued to hit driver well and 7 iron badly, but seemed to enjoy the experience.

That's the main thing. Step son enjoys the trackman range more than the course. Just likes messing about with the screen.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After missing out yesterday, was keen for a game today ,especially as the forcaste for Sunday is horrendous. As I got to Nairn the sun came out and it stopped raining. It was ominous though as the car park was empty and no one else had turned up, so we were first out at 9am. Bit of a breeze, but only 2 or 3 clubs. Started well, with pars on the first 3 holes and birdie on the 4th. As we teed off on the 5th it started to rain, and by the time we got to the green it was really hammering it down. Played 6th then cut across to the 11th . Got as far as the 12th green, only to see 2 guys cut across innfront of us from the 5th to the 13th tee without a word??? So we decided to just cut over to the 16th. We played to the green but by then was really coming down.so we just headed in. We were all soaked through glad we cut across that's for sure, even pleased those two cut in front at the 13th?they must have got really wet??

Last edited:

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I won the stableford comp 2 weeks ago, played the round of my life and scored 40 points.

Another club stableford today, 46 points ? Everything came off, putted well, was never in trouble, had few lucky bounces/kicks. Managed to stuff up the par 4 18th for a double, finished on 81, previous personal best was 84.

I’m currently walking on air. Telling my wife about it but she’s not the slightest bit interested!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today, and didn't break 80 again, but it felt so close. We started on the 13th - after 13 holes I was only 6 over with no double bogeys. Unfortunately it then went tits up on the par five 8th, couple of fats from the rough and then missed the green - triple bogey. Only other bad hole was a double on the 11th, but that was enough to cost me as I finished on 81. Just a simple bogey instead of the triple would have done it - I was so solid for most of the round. Just put into perspective how well I'll actually have to play to break it. Only two cocked up holes and that was enough. Oh well.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Funny old day. Driving has been my strong point recently, but was all over the place today. Conversely, have been struggling with putting recently, but was solid today, only one 3 putt.

Had to battle thru 30-40 mph winds, but managed 39 points, good enough to win the sweep.

D

Deleted member 23270

Range session tonight to try and right the wrongs from last weekend. That didn't work and doesn't bode well for tomorrow. Oh well tomorrow is a new day and start again with a fresh and open mind
Ever the optimist ??

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
1 over with a double and two bogies. A chip in and a couple of tram-liners always help the card. Lots of good stuff but the big stick has started to get the lefts which is worrying. I've a lesson booked next week so will ask the pro to take a look.