I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Played 9 and was +9 after 8 holes (which is f*cking brilliant for me!)..........and then came our 560yd par 5 with water all down the right and a psuedo-island green. Finished +13.

So so so disappointed as just getting a 7 and effectively 'par' for my handicap and it would have been a really consistent set of holes. Oh well, I guess I should be focusing on the 8 good ones really.....

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Another solid performance and finished with 38 points. Dreadful double bogey start but a birdie on 2 settled me back in for a gross 79.

Driver was bordering on embarrassing, I seem to be stuck somewhere between my old driver swing and the new one I’m trying to forge after having lessons a few weeks ago. Gave up on it after the drive down 14 and went back to my old swing… found the fairway on 16 17 and 18.

Putting was very good, listening to Bob Rotella’s putting out of your mind has seemed to work, you’ve just got to stop caring and let your body react to the target. chipping and wedges were fairly decent distance wise just left a bit to be desired on dispersion but with a solid putter I was getting quite a few up-and-down. Irons not the best but they kind of went where they needed to.

Declared it beforehand obviously but put the card in so possibly a small cut. IG will update overnight.

Highlight was the 6 straight pars 12-17.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another solid performance and finished with 38 points. Dreadful double bogey start but a birdie on 2 settled me back in for a gross 79.

Driver was bordering on embarrassing, I seem to be stuck somewhere between my old driver swing and the new one I’m trying to forge after having lessons a few weeks ago. Gave up on it after the drive down 14 and went back to my old swing… found the fairway on 16 17 and 18.

Putting was very good, listening to Bob Rotella’s putting out of your mind has seemed to work, you’ve just got to stop caring and let your body react to the target. chipping and wedges were fairly decent distance wise just left a bit to be desired on dispersion but with a solid putter I was getting quite a few up-and-down. Irons not the best but they kind of went where they needed to.

Declared it beforehand obviously but put the card in so possibly a small cut. IG will update overnight.

Highlight was the 6 straight pars 12-17.

Don't forget this is still winter golf and so it bodes well when the drier and warmer weather arrives

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Out on my own late afternoon filming for the YouTube channel, holed out for an eagle with an 8 iron from 126 yards!

A pity the light was so poor, shot tracer failed to pick the shot up and even zooming right in in you can barely see the ball land, but here's the pitch mark and ball in hole!

I also had 2 birdies but still only managed 37 points as there were a couple of horror holes mixed in too.

1644437290730.png

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Out on my own late afternoon filming for the YouTube channel, holed out for an eagle with an 8 iron from 126 yards!

A pity the light was so poor, shot tracer failed to pick the shot up and even zooming right in in you can barely see the ball land, but here's the pitch mark and ball in hole!

I also had 2 birdies but still only managed 37 points as there were a couple of horror holes mixed in too.

View attachment 41063
What’s your YouTube?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Was lined up to play the Medal this morning...
Due to work, I had to be away by 1 but my mate got stuck in traffic and didn't get to thenclub until just after 9
Sadly, a rollup had just gone out and several groups of ladies were waiting to tee off..
So we didn't enter
Just as well as it took over 2 hours to just get round the front 9
So we stopped and had a butty and a coffee.....
Sometimes that's the best way.

Boomy

Visit site
A rather ‘fresh’ start to today.. winter greens ⛳️ on the old Silloth links but none the less thoroughly enjoyable. Played really well, pretty accurate considering we were on winters.. lost 1 down after driving into a bunker on 18 ?

A3753577-4BA7-47FF-B202-6EA4AC4E3CED.jpeg0F492C0A-36DE-4F1C-91D6-BE212DE0E6CC.jpeg6D121FC2-54AA-44FA-8008-625F6D072020.jpeg

D

Deleted member 3432

A rather ‘fresh’ start to today.. winter greens ⛳️ on the old Silloth links but none the less thoroughly enjoyable. Played really well, pretty accurate considering we were on winters.. lost 1 down after driving into a bunker on 18 ?

View attachment 41091View attachment 41092View attachment 41093

We were going to play but blew it out. No love for playing on winter greens so went to the range instead.

Shame as a nice morning apart from the frost.

Boomy

Visit site
We were going to play but blew it out. No love for playing on winter greens so went to the range instead.

Shame as a nice morning apart from the frost.

They were back on full greens and normal tee’s by late morning ? I wish we’d hung back for a later tee. It was a glorious day - in all honesty I was tempted to head out for another 18 but my PP wasn’t up for it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of those days today when the only luck you get is bad...
It was laughable towards the end..hit a ball up towards then18th green and we were trying to guess how bad the lie would be, how close to the edge of a bunker or even if it had bounced off a sprinkler head and gone into the car park....
4 lipouts on the front 9 alone, 3 more that, genuinely, defied gravity...the look on CVG's face told me as much...
How I managed to shoot 83 I'll never know....with just half of the bad luck turning good it would have been mid 70's....
One of those days.....
We go again....