I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HeftyHacker

Visit site
77 blows through 17 holes this afternoon (1 par 3 shut) so played to handicap.

Was so so off the tee and with my longer irons but from 140 yards in was as good as I can be I think, quite a few decent up and downs with the wedges and the new Scotty I picked up in the shop before the round was rolling it really nicely.

Going to book a few lessons in to get my long irons sorted as on a tighter course I'd have been punished today.

Pro also lent me his demo Stealth today. Wasnt blown away by it tbh had no real feedback from the face and it wasn't any longer or straighter than my epic flash (not that I was particularly expecting it to be) when I put similar swings on them.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perfect handicap golf today for 13 holes. 10 pars and 3 bogeys. The bogeys came on my 3 shot holes. Then went and “ruined” it with birdies on holes 14 and 15. Parred in for 38 points for a win by 1 point in todays swindle.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nine holes this afternoon after working on the changes from the lesson last night. Some good, some bad when I didn't do what I was trying to do. Didn't keep score and played two balls. Might have found something regarding short game so time well spent

RichA

Visit site
Played in the monthly medal with a couple of good pals. One of them (HI 22) hit a peachy tee shot on a 172 yard par 3 - one bounce, rolled 10 feet, straight in for an ace.
Still buzzing for him. Lovely fella.

Carlwm

Visit site
Played a course which claims to be par 70 but almost certainly isn't given how short it is and managed 8 double bogies, 4 bogies and 6 pars to squeak round in 90, which is probably about average for me, there. I was hitting the ball as well as I can until I got on the greens but my putting let me down. Pretty much all of those doubles were three-puts or worse. Enjoyed myself though, nonetheless.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A game of two halves today. Strong winds throughout, greens bobbly. Scored oddly well on the front nine, 18 points. Happy days. An England batting collapse on the back nine, 11 points, 6 of those on the last 3 holes. The wind ground me down, making it hard to concentrate when putting in particular.

Good to get out though.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A game of two halves today. Strong winds throughout, greens bobbly. Scored oddly well on the front nine, 18 points. Happy days. An England batting collapse on the back nine, 11 points, 6 of those on the last 3 holes. The wind ground me down, making it hard to concentrate when putting in particular.

Good to get out though.

Very similar here. Played in our swindle in very blustery conditions - winds were a fairly constant 30-40mph and it just ground me down eventually.

Our 4-ball were pipped by a couple of points, but on a personal level I’m starting to hit the ball really nicely again, especially my irons. The fitness is still an issue following my surgery in the autumn, as I’m running out of steam mid way through the back nine.

Still, with an entirely new perspective on what’s important in life, the bad shots are now just laughed at, and my view is that it’s simply great to be back out there, enjoying the banter and good company.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
From cut to can’t putt.

Utter shambles, hit 2 fairways with the driver, 4 fairways all day. Irons still very good but I couldn’t hole anything, even 4 footers.

33 points, 36 putts.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody hard work today. Freezing cold and hellish winds. Four layers, gloves, snood and beanie hat throughout. Flew over a couple of greens as the wind basically changed mid-flight and carried it instead of holding it up. Greens were inconsistent speeds which was awkward. Didn't par anything until the 8th. Managed a birdie on the 13th by holing a 20 footer. Parred 14th. That was it really, ended up scraping an 86 for 33 points. To be honest I actually hit my irons pretty sweetly which is so rare for me, and the hybrid was working well too, those were the saving graces I think - just the wind that killed us. I feel absolutely knackered now, there's something about the wind beating your face all day that just makes me feel tired.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good news bad news. Played ok for 38 points including 20 points on the back nine which plays much harder than the front. Changes from the lesson on Thursday worked pretty well although I did get twitchy over the last few holes knowing I might be in contention. In the end I came second in my division but won the swindle so will have a tidy pick up and some pro shop vouchers. The bad news was I didn't score on the par five 5th despite being in the greenside bunker for three. Had I made par I'd have won division too

Hit it nicely and putted well after putting my Ping Cadence Anser back in the bag. Swing changes very comfortable but need to have trust in it, especially under pressure as I nearly made a hash of the last by early extending which is what I am trying to eradicate

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Some of My usual playing partners on a Saturday were away this week, so went for a game with an old mate up at Tain who I've not plsyedvwith in a while. Played at 11 so didn't have the usual early start and it paid off, missed the rain and had cracking weather, quite warm for the time of year, probably 10 deg and sunny. Had a nice game and after a few thins early on hit it pretty well 73 gross which, considering in not been playing that often I was quite happy with. I don't know what's happened to My mates game he was off 7 or 8 a couple of years ago and is now off 17, I could see the frustration in every shot he took, esp the putting as he was a pretty good putter before.