I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Some people are just absolute beasts when hitting a golf ball Tashy, we have a guy at Dunbar plays of + h'cap, currently +2.4, who hit it on our 15th 322 yards off the yellows with a 5 iron[/QUOTE]

??that’s forum member distance. What amazed me was another PP yesterday used brute force and was 15-20 yards behind. I commented that the guy who hit the green in two it looked effortless. In fact his stance looked open. Yet it works well for him.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another scrappy 80 for 35 points....some good, some ok, more that wasn't...but got it round...
Highlight was the 17th....admittedly downhill and downwind but its 420-something yards off the yellows and I had 108 to the middle for my 2nd shot....
Not bad for a blind, bald, overweight cripple.....;)

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow, for 10 holes it felt like I could do no wrong. Missed the par 3 3rd green but a lovely up and down for par chipping over the green side bunker to 3 feet for a tap in. Sank a 12ish foot putt on 4 for birdie and all of a sudden the confidence in putting was way up there. Drive on 5 was poor, the usual bad shot fading into the heather on the right. No problem, pitch out take your medicinal bogey and move on. Solid pars through 6 and SI1 7th and onto the beast that is the 8th…. Long iron got up there and then the magic happened. Chip in for birdie! The 9th is a brute too, great drive, mid iron to 15 ish feet and sank the putt on what is the trickiest of greens for back to back birdies.

The back 9 got off to a good yet lucky start. 9i pulled a bit left but got a members bounce onto the green pin high. Another clutch 12 footer for birdie - it was at this point I didn’t know what was going on, nor did I realise I was gross 3 under through 10 until my opponent did the maths. And then the speed wobble started getting out of control…. Poor tee shot and a 3 putt on 11, told myself to forget it, it’s a glitch, shook my opponents hand for the 8 & 7 win and onto the 12th. Solid par. 3 off the tee on 13 after trying to hit the driver too hard attempting to hit the green in 1. Bogey was not bad considering. Another rubbish drive up 14 left me pitching out sideways and another 3 putt. The greens were all of a sudden lighting fast and I was putting it 6 foot past! Par bogey, par bogey finish for a gross 75, my lowest score to date! Chuffed despite the wheels falling off 11 to 14.

Arrived home to a box of #teamtitleist 2022 AVX freebies to go and test and review. Best golfing day for a very long time.

Attachments

• 55CC4518-6E2E-497F-97AD-61C9FAEC388F.jpeg
    55CC4518-6E2E-497F-97AD-61C9FAEC388F.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 7
D

Deleted member 3432

Had a TPI Screening today which was very eye opening.

Some areas with a great range of movement and some not so good. I'm much more mobile in lower body and my left shoulder is very limited when doing the 90/90 test.

Discussed how this limitation impacts on my swing as we see on my top of backswing position and also how my left arm travels after impact.

Some great information and a programme to follow to improve mobility.

Nicely warmed up for the lesson that followed and hit it nicely so some good signs.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played Winter k/o match today - and it turned out one of these days when I could do nothing wrong and a lot right, and my opponent little right and no luck.

And so - with me off 11 CH h/cap we reached the turn with me 4 under gross against the card (though really 3 under as a par 4 is out of play and we are playing a short par 3 instead) - and 8 up. I won the 10th and that was that. 9 and 8.

I can't recall ever shooting a lower 9 holes gross (whether 3 or 4 under). Of course pressure off I made a bit of a mess of the last 5holes - dropping 5 shots. As my opponent today said...well even if he had played better he 'd have still had a real struggle. Funny old game.

Next round...the quarters...playing either an 18.1 lad or club champ who plays off +1.1.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Winter k/o match today - and it turned out one of these days when I could do nothing wrong and a lot right, and my opponent little right and no luck.

And so - with me off 11 CH h/cap we reached the turn with me 4 under gross against the card (though really 3 under as a par 4 is out of play and we are playing a short par 3 instead) - and 8 up. I won the 10th and that was that. 9 and 8.

I can't recall ever shooting a lower 9 holes gross (whether 3 or 4 under). Of course pressure off I made a bit of a mess of the last 5holes - dropping 5 shots. As my opponent today said...well even if he had played better he 'd have still had a real struggle. Funny old game.

Next round...the quarters...playing either an 18.1 lad or club champ who plays off +1.1.

All that worrying for nothing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
All that worrying for nothing.
I know. Unbelievable. But then again - between tee and close to green not that good - then deadly. Typical...9th Hole. How it went. Dodgy drive but get away with it. Solidly enough hit but not very great hybrid shot scrapes onto front edge of green - hole a 35ft putt for a birdie. 3rd birdie of front 9 and 8 up :)

D

Deleted member 1147

Quick 18 around Wentworth West this afternoon.
Off the tournament tees, my 2.8 index became a playing handicap of 8.
Shot 7 over gross.
Very long course, where even I had to hit hybrids and woods into some par 4’s.

Oh, did I mention it was on a simulator!

D

Deleted member 16999

Nice 18 holes on my own this afternoon, just over 2hrs, bit blowy, but nice to be out midweek.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played this afternoon as tomorrow morning will be a write off with buckets of rain coming in.
Very steady front 9 of +3 (19points), barely put a foot wrong.
Back 9 was going swimmingly well until I doubled the 14th, bogeyed 15 and doubled 16...:mad::mad::mad:
A couple of pars to finish and I'd managed to turn a 75 into a 79....36 points equals my worst scoring card so no change....
Love this game
Hate this game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played this afternoon as tomorrow morning will be a write off with buckets of rain coming in.
Very steady front 9 of +3 (19points), barely put a foot wrong.
Back 9 was going swimmingly well until I doubled the 14th, bogeyed 15 and doubled 16...:mad::mad::mad:
A couple of pars to finish and I'd managed to turn a 75 into a 79....36 points equals my worst scoring card so no change....
Love this game
Hate this game.

Sounds like my game. Hitting it badly (with the odd good hole) but getting it round in a reasonable point tally. Pretty sure a medal card wouldn't be pretty

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Started off well and was 1 over gross after 5 holes, for the next 4 holes I was 7 over gross!
Consistently poor on the back nine. 16 points out 15 back for 31, 90 gross. :(

D

Deleted member 21258

Bit late, played at weekend 1 over front nine and fell to bits on back with short game letting me down 9 over back nine. Played another 13 holes in afternoon.

Extended waste area on 18h(bigger pictures open up on clicking, then click again on new tab pictures)

D

Deleted member 1147

Bit late, played at weekend 1 over front nine and fell to bits on back with short game letting me down 9 over back nine. Played another 13 holes in afternoon.

Extended waste area on 18h(bigger pictures open up on clicking, then click again on new tab pictures)

Where’s that?