I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in a 4bbb stableford comp at my step FiL yesterday at his course.

Had a great knock and we dovetailed pretty nicely to 44pts, which was good enough for T3 on the day with 47pts winning it. I was 4 shots under my CH and played the best I ever have at that course.

I was fearing the worst on the first tee, quite a few watching and I hit my driving iron for safety and proceeded to hit it thin, don't think it got above 6 ft! Did the same with my second as well but managed to scramble for a bogey before sorting my ballstriking out.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played Saunton East and West, in prefect weather. Didn't do them justice, hitting the ball better, now appear to have lost the ability to putt consistently, had more than my fair share of 3/4 + putts.

I like golf, its just that it hates me back.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played Saunton East and West, in prefect weather. Didn't do them justice, hitting the ball better, now appear to have lost the ability to putt consistently, had more than my fair share of 3/4 + putts.

I like golf, its just that it hates me back.

That's such a good analysis and applies to so many of us at some stage :LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Royal Dornoch this morning with my 3 mates that are members. They got permission to play from the back tee. Hit it pretty well apart from a hooky one off the 12th but still made par. 3 birdies 3 bogies rest pars, prob the best I've driven there for a while hit a fair few long drives, well for me anyway..Still way behind my pp who are all long hitters. Perfect conditions too.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Another lovely day here so after work headed out for nine holes. Last two rounds have seen abnormally still conditions but there was a decent Easterly wind blowing tonight, which was a blessing as it was warm out there.

Hit the ball reasonably well but tonight was more about getting out for a walk than practicing or playing serious golf.

IMG_5632.jpg
Plateau first green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

Boomy

Visit site
Played the Hunting Course at Slaley Hall yesterday in a team ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ competition. Rainy day but thankfully it held out whilst we played, it’s a fab layout, a good mix of holes on there, some water hazards, lots of trees ?and it’s long, very challenging. Didn’t think the greens ⛳️ were very good, lots of bobbling balls and some real rough patches on them which was slightly disappointing for a course of that standard. We had cretins behind us as well but tried our best to ignore them ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played the Hunting Course at Slaley Hall yesterday in a team ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ competition. Rainy day but thankfully it held out whilst we played, it’s a fab layout, a good mix of holes on there, some water hazards, lots of trees ?and it’s long, very challenging. Didn’t think the greens ⛳️ were very good, lots of bobbling balls and some real rough patches on them which was slightly disappointing for a course of that standard. We had cretins behind us as well but tried our best to ignore them ?

We were supposed to play the Huntsman a few months ago but they closed that course due to frost so we played the Priestman instead. Freezing cold but we really enjoyed it, agree about the greens, they weren't great and I was expecting better, specially how it's billed as a premium resort course.

Boomy

Visit site
We were supposed to play the Huntsman a few months ago but they closed that course due to frost so we played the Priestman instead. Freezing cold but we really enjoyed it, agree about the greens, they weren't great and I was expecting better, specially how it's billed as a premium resort course.

Ahhhh right, that’s a shame as the Hunting course is much better than the Priestman (but both still great layouts) Yeah the greens were very disappointing, far from the standard I was expecting.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played West Surrey this afternoon with @paddyc

Blimey, what a nice course that is. Nice mix of interesting holes all in really good condition. Why is more fuss not made about it? I thought it was really good.

We caught up a Society, the first 4 ball let us through on 11th... we'd flown round to there. Then the next 4 ball were not interested and we waited and WAITED! Monsoon started on 17th, 18th green was under water when we got there. If the gits had let us through, we would have had 5 pints and a 3 course meal before the rain started. So my stuff is all soaking and needs drying out before Woking tomorrow

Always like playing with @paddyc, a real good egg and played very nicely.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Blimey, what a nice course that is. Nice mix of interesting holes all in really good condition. Why is more fuss not made about it? I thought it was really good.

We caught up a Society, the first 4 ball let us through on 11th... we'd flown round to there. Then the next 4 ball were not interested and we waited and WAITED! Monsoon started on 17th, 18th green was under water when we got there. If the gits had let us through, we would have had 5 pints and a 3 course meal before the rain started. So my stuff is all soaking and needs drying out before Woking tomorrow

Hes definitely one of the good guys :) how did he drive it (vested interest to know if Im getting it back lol)

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Scored 32pts in a comp at Panmure. Was playing some decent stuff before I lost my swing somewhere between the 10th and 11th

Loved the course, gentle 4 hole opener before it’s opens out to a beaut. Shame the last 3 hole mirrored the opening 3 but I guess they’re pretty stuck with the land they have

Lost to Duffers on countback ??

Also lost to him yesterday at Silloth, double ????

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Thanks for today Ian. Really enjoyable game at West Surrey except the last two holes as you say should have been in the 19th and dry.
Absolutely cracking course and lovely place not really mentioned amongst Surrey's finest but if you get a chance to go there take it.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in our last shield match yesterday away at Crompton and Royton, I played against a 15 year old who I had played with in the County Championship a few weeks ago, she gave me 2 shots and opened with a birdie, she was a bit wayward of the tee at times, but her putting was excellent, Happily I played pretty well and after a close match I won 2&1. The team won too and finished top of our league which means we progress to the next stage and have to play semis (and final) next month at Woolton. WInthrough there and its another semi and final in the County final.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Club knockout match today, I made hard work of it.

Got to the 15th hole dormie four but lost to a birdie, same thing on the 16th hole and then lost 17 to a par vs my triple bogey!

18 is a tricky par 3, 201 yards over water to a raised, two-tier green with a bunker in front, the only saving grace was I had a stroke on the hole.
My opponent hit a good one to 25 feet, I hit 3 wood straight but a bit low and it scooted over the green to the back fringe.
I looked at it and decided 4 net 3 should give me the half so just made sure I got my first putt over the shelf and down the slope, leaving a 15 footer, we both then took two putts so I won 1 up.
A tenser finish than it should have been!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Won a k/o match this evening. Was 5 up at the turn (due in large part to being 1 over gross) but then started to chuck it away immediately losing 3 in a row. Held it together for a few but went to only 2 up when I lost 15 after three putting from 6 ft with two lip outs - the second being a full 360 job with ball coming back to me.

But opponent lost his ball on 16 for a 3 and 2 win.

Makes a change as my matchplay form this year has been poor.