I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Chugging along OK in a Seniors’s 4BBB today, 22 going out and then 1 3 pointer on the next 4 so looking for 42/43 points. However 14/15/16 I had 4/3, 4/3 AND 2/5, 11 points 3 holes. Finished with a couple of 2 points for 46 points.

We were leading in The Clubhouse but early days but hopefully may get a prize!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Best round for ages. Dropped 8 shots and scored 38pts. But off our front tees which have CR of 70 (2 under par) and as I lose a 7.6 (from 1st August last year!) my HI goes up by 0.175. Ah well.

I really don‘t like playing off our front tees in a WHS qualifying round as it doesn’t feel 2 shots easier than off our back. But good news for me is that I was nice and steady and left a handful of shots out there (the four 3 putts from the 9th especially grate)

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hit it for 37 points and chuffed to bits. We played in a fiddle. Front 9 back 9, overall and nearest pins. A PP won the front on 21 points.he parred the 10th for another 3 points. He scored 6 points on the last 8 holes. It really was a case of the wheels falling off. Tough to watch.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played Beau Desert yesterday, weather was fine when we set out but after 5 holes the heavens opened with thunder and lightning, it was an open and apparently they had sounded a klaxon but we were right on the far side of the course and never heard it. We got absolutely soaked and after 2 more holes we were told that we had to stop playing until they released the field. Stood around waiting and then when we could set off again there were 4 groups waiting to play the same hole. Then it started raining again, that did us and we walked in. The greens were flooded really should have cancelled but we were one of the last out so they were obviously reluctant to do so.
In complete contract today I played Hillside, lovely weather, a joy to play such a great course. i hit the ball well both days but was let down today by my putting, finished with 3 pars though, which was nice.

D

Deleted member 3432

Ist ever bogey free round this morning, a 6 under 66.

Level out and 6 under back, a shock after ploughing it round on Wednesday ?

Unfortunately decided beforehand we weren't bothering to put a card in ??

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Another four and a half hour round last night. For no other reason than people faffing around and the whole group seemingly needing to be no more than 10ft away from each other for the whole round.

To the golf. Played a local course that I'd not been to for a while as my place was full and I'd forgotten to book.

Swing changes are coming along nicely and I'm starting to gain a bit of distance off the tee. I just need to commit to them when on the course and not steer approach shots. It was interesting to play somewhere different, and try to figure out what club to hit, and on what line with a different shot shape and distance increase, compared to when I've played there previously.

Didn't feel like I played particularly well, but actually scored not too bad apart from a triple and two doubles. Putting was especially difficult as the greens were terribly slow.

It all added up to 83. Which was a surprise as I thought I'd be closer to 90.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Super- steady round today..
Standard bogey on the first but very steady after that.
A nice birdie on my front 9 nemesis hole (6th) and turned 3 over with 19 points.
More super-steadiness on the back but had a double on my back 9 nemesis hole(17th) to finish +7 for 37 points and a probable 0.4 cut.
3 or 4 putts looked in all the way before somehow defying gravity and missing.
Had one of those bunker shots that flew 10 yards and stopped on a sixpence - shame the pin was 15 yards away...:rolleyes:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played the Slazenger Bobby Locke irons this evening with John Letters driver and Slazenger Pinehurst putter.

The irons have a "+" stamped on the sole and I was told this signified a stronger loft for better players. They are indeed four degrees (or a full club) stronger than similar clubs of the time, early 1960s.
I could understand that, if the lengths were standard but they're also a 1/4" longer than I'd expect so basically they're just marked one club down, eg the 6 iron is actually a 5, and I moan about modern manufacturers taking the mickey!

The funny thing is that they missed a trick on a gap wedge, the PW is 48 degrees while the SW is 57 degrees so there was space for another club. Come on 1960s marketing gurus, get your act together! (I stuck a 51 degree PW from another set in the bag for my round)

Anyway, after all that waffle, the irons played really well, scored 39 points and short game was decent for a change.

image.png.a3331696cd612cdf84af295995c9d557.png

image.png.4a963459a59ffb91b36d67fa964f159e.png

179318181_951407065673444_1799908063163220679_n.jpg

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Was at the Army Championships today, stood watching a guy play the 16th (par 3) at Saunton West when he got a hole in one, the same guy got a hole in one at the same hole on Monday. How rare is that.

I saw on fb a bloke who played Shishkine on Arran and got a HiO on the 11th there... twice... on the same day! Said he went out and bought a lottery ticket that night.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being playing in Scottish Mixed Pairs all week at Forfar, Kirriemuir, Strathmore, Aylth and Landsdowne at Blairgowrie today. 2 rounds of BB, Greensomes and one Foursomes. Had 200 points for the week and picked up the Tullibardine Trophy for best Foursomes score at Kerrimuir, 46, for the week out of 203 pairs, think we came in top 20 overall. Congrats to the winners the Beetons from Woodhall Spa with 212.
Hid and me on the 18th at Aylth ??
IMG-20210709-WA0001.jpg

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday at Disley with a good mate from my last place. He usually gives me a sound beating, but not yesterday. He was well off form. He plays off seven and I'm a wild 13. But I was really steady and putted really well and got a lot of "great shot" calls from him. I actually felt sorry for him, for the first time EVER. Nothing was working for him. He still fought back with four straight pars at the death but I held on for a 34 points to 31 victory. With a birdie at the first (par 5) after missing the eagle putt.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday at Disley with a good mate from my last place. He usually gives me a sound beating, but not yesterday. He was well off form. He plays off seven and I'm a wild 13. But I was really steady and putted really well and got a lot of "great shot" calls from him. I actually felt sorry for him, for the first time EVER. Nothing was working for him. He still fought back with four straight pars at the death but I held on for a 34 points to 31 victory. With a birdie at the first (par 5) after missing the eagle putt.
Are you seriously going to leave us hanging with the story about that bloke you fell out with??

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Was meant to be in the comp but had an ultimatum from the missus to be home by 10am (we have a 5 week old baby so its fair enough). Got out at 6:55 by myself and was home for 9.30!

Played pretty well for me, went round 12 over (CH of 17) and 7 or those dropped shots were from 3 holes.

In a week I've gone from dreading embarrassing myself in an invitational comp tomorrow to actually feeling pretty confident about my game. Hell, even the driver was going vaguely in the direction I intended!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Friendly 4 ball at a course I've never played before. 6 over 78, parred the first 10 holes.
It was a bit warm and humid and at just under 5 hours, slow as well.

Driving the ball well and putting ok but long/mid irons not great and hit and miss with the wedges.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
finshed a week of playing great courses at Formby Ladies yesterday in a Lancs Ladies foursomes final, it is a lovely course but quite short, the main defence is the nasty heathery rough and we managed to avoid that but were let down around the greens, we enjoyed the course but were no where near the winners. Felt sorry ofr the pair we played with 20 points on the front 9 but only 13 on the back

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for a hit at 4pm on the Ashludie course. On the back nine I seemed to have found a reasonably reliable fade with the driver which I is something I can work with around here. Hitting irons really well and my new favourite club is my 4 wood which is a major surprise. Shot gross 80 which would have been in the 70s if I hadn't hit a poor wedge which led to the ball diving off the plateau green at the last and then failing at my attempt at getting up and down - Also lost two balls on the front nine both of which landed in the fairway - first time that's happened to me in a long time but such are the vagaries of links life.

Happy with the way I played - birdied 14 and had lots of pars and it was absolutely beautiful weather out there.

IMG_5622.jpg
Approach to second green Ashludie links, there's four flags on two courses in this picture.