I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Utter tripe.

Four-putted the first green, which set the tone for one of the worst day's putting I can remember, 41 putts! :eek:

Chipping was similarly dire, 12 chances to get up and down, made none of them. :eek:

Shanked lost ball on three consecutive holes. :eek:

Scored 101. :eek:

As I said, utter tripe.

(But I'll be out there again tomorrow. :p )

D

Deleted member 25172

1 over par coming around the turn in today’s medal.

9 over par on the back 9.

?‍♂️ ?

Stupid game.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Board comp today. Beat my 8th best score by 3 shots to get a 0.3 cut to 2.5 (given no PCC). Played great - 3 over par - my 3rd best score in my record. Still some scores to come in and I am lying in 22nd place with 36 points and 3 shots behind lowest gross prize. Geez its tough playing off the lowest handicap you've ever had when you're on the high side of 60.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Friendly 4 ball yesterday with a mate and his 2 kids who are both better than me...
A real Auld Pharts vs Whippersnappers - 2 58 year old against a 20 and a 15.
I'm, shall I say, between drivers at the moment so just for the giggle I took out my Great Big Bertha from '97 - about the same size as a modern 3 wood.
Hit some half decent drives with it - the sound and feel would be enough to put it back in the bag but the distance is down on my 3 wood sadly..better than any modern driver..
Played a 4BBB stableford which is the format for the upcoming Captain's Weekend..
4 points down at the turn, us Pharts turned up the heat, coming back with 23 points to take them by a couple of points..39 won't be near the prizes but it's respectable.
Good fun afternoon

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
should have been Captains prize today, sadly the greens were flooded when we were due to start and so the comp was cancelled, c'est la vie, off to Delamere Forest tomorrow that should be fun, don't think i have played there since I partnered Liverbirdie in a mixed 4BBB

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Stableford comp today, weather was kind to us and we didn’t have any rain at all.

Started terribly and was 12 over after 7 holes. Played the rest of the round in +2 and finished with 37 points overall (14+23).

Would be nice to have a good front 9 at some point.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Hadn't intended going out today but also hadn't been out on Monifieth Medal for a while so headed out for a few holes on our bigger course tonight.

I'm hitting the ball very solidly considering where I was a couple of weeks ago when i had no idea what I was doing. Driver not perfect but it's getting there, irons, fairway and hybrid all working well. Played holes 1-4 out and 16-18 back - four pars, two bogeys and a double at the 4th where I hit the only shot I was disappointed with - weather was forecast to be mist turning to fog so had my wee Fuji xT2 camera with me and took some pics - weather didn't quite behave the way I wanted it to for pics (I wanted much thicker fog for that).

DSCF6009.jpg
1st green, Monifieth Medal.

DSCF6014.jpg
4th green, Monifieth Medal.

DSCF6017.jpg
16th green from the side, Monifieth Medal.

DSCF6018.jpg
and looking back down the 16th from behind the green, Monifieth Medal.

DSCF6019.jpg
18th tee, Monifieth Medal.

Surprisingly warm out there - Loving golf at the moment.

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I had a lesson yesterday which went quite well. But haven't been able to spend any time on the range in between the lesson and playing this afternoon.

Tried my best to stick to it playing this afternoon, and almost did, bailing out on a few shots. I did however shoot a new return to golf PB, although it was a bit frustrating as there was definitely a sub 80 to be had. Shot 81, for 38 points.

Was level through 6 having holed nothing. Then as we turned back towards the club house on 7, the weather changed from a gentle breeze to a strong wind and the rain started. 7,8 and 9 were tough playing in heavy rain and wind, didn't play them well resulting in two bogies and a missed 12" putt for double on 9 ?. All for an outward 9 of 40.

A steady but not spectacular back 9, again holing nothing and making a couple of silly bogies attacking holes I knew I shouldn't, resulted in 41 coming back.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Witnessed a hio by our resident single figure geriatric. It was either 137,142 or 147(I’ve had a few since). He hit a 6i right down it’s throat. Bounce bounce in. Boss!

I played the bogey comp, finished A/S, shame as hitting a fair amount of decent shots. Still, should be a green dot on the dashboard coming up

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Lovely time at Close House today, Filly course. Weather stayed kind, thunder heard on the 17th green, got off the 18th before the rain came. Course in lovely condition, played well on the whole. PP hadn't been there before and loved it which was an added bonus. A really good days golf.

You got lucky with the weather. I drove up from Leeds yesterday afternoon and the rain was biblical at times.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Club Champs at Lilley Brook.
Shot a very pleasing 75 in the first round and went out in the 3rd last group on Sunday. Only been at the club since April and 75 was my best to date off the whites, but yesterday I shot 73!
Finished 7th overall and took the best nett over two days prize.

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement, played some really nice, no drama golf.

Handicap was 6.2 but I'm now 5.3 !

Boomy

Visit site
Played in a Cup ? comp at the club yesterday annnd only went won it ? We tee’d off midmorning which had the worst of the weather by late morning, links golf with rain storms and the wind picked up just for safe measure. Battled on, I knew I was scoring well but tried my best to ignore it and play hole by hole.. kept it steady with only 2 bad holes coming in - shot a gross 78 (par 72) (40 out, 38 back) Really pleased with a win so early back to the game and my handicap is coming down steadily ? Onwards and downwards ? Did you play yesterday @saving_par ?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a Cup ? comp at the club yesterday annnd only went won it ? We tee’d off midmorning which had the worst of the weather by late morning, links golf with rain storms and the wind picked up just for safe measure. Battled on, I knew I was scoring well but tried my best to ignore it and play hole by hole.. kept it steady with only 2 bad holes coming in - shot a gross 78 (par 72) (40 out, 38 back) Really pleased with a win so early back to the game and my handicap is coming down steadily ? Onwards and downwards ? Did you play yesterday @saving_par ?
Great shooting ?? You must of got some funny looks in the clubhouse carding a 62 in them conditions ?‍♂️?

I looked at the forecast and decided against driving up. 50 nrs makes me think I made the right choice ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've actually gone up 0.1 after my round on Saturday. Obviously just coincidence as a round went off my record and was replaced by a fractionally worse one - but it made me nostalgic for the old system. :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 3432

Well done on the win, impressive score ?

Been on nites this weekend so no golf for me.

Couple of games planned midweek but having a couple of weeks off comps due to shift rota and working out how to break course record to be competitive ?

Just joking on the last one, well played again and it's obvious you are enjoying your new club. Brian and his team have got the course in tremendous condition, as good as I have seen it in my time here.

Just hoping last night's rain hasn't taken the sting out of the course, I really enjoy it when it's bone hard and links golf how it should be played.

Boomy

Visit site
Great shooting ?? You must of got some funny looks in the clubhouse carding a 62 in them conditions ?‍♂️?

I looked at the forecast and decided against driving up. 50 nrs makes me think I made the right choice ?

Thank you, thankfully I've had more congratulations than funny looks so far I think :) Although I have had a bit of banter around wearing a sombrero :ROFLMAO: I'm new back to golf after a 10+ year break so am still very hit and miss at the moment but trending in the right direction, handicap index steadily coming down with a couple of recent big drops :D My best score round Silloth was 90 prior to yesterdays 78 so as you can see, very hit and miss - things just came together (or a complete fluke ha ha)

Yeah, a load of people walked off during the heavy rain and I think it stopped a few going out. We were on the 7th when it started so just battled on and thankfully it did settle after the initial deluge.