I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fun round this evening. New personal best with 6 birdies.

Was 3 under through 9 holes and decided to keep the foot down. 10 is water left and ob right. Lay up is the smart play to leave 165 in. Driver can leave a short iron in hand. Pulled into water. Dropped shot there. 2 doubles followed. Birds on 16 and 17 to get back to level.
18 was into the teeth. Pulled slightly and had to punch my approach from 190 into the front bunker. This 15 short of a large green with pin at the back. 3 shots to get out and made triple for 3over. Haha I cud have got it out easy enough but was really trying to get it back to that pin to make the par.

Should be disappointed but not at all. Hit the ball great and putted well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just played the back nine after work today, with my dad. I was absolutely abysmal. Bad shots, bad decisions, and bad luck as well. Shot 49 with only one par, 11 points. Worst I've played all year I think. I supposed I wasn't focused or taking it that seriously and I did lose a couple of shots trying things I wouldn't try in a proper round.. but still, it was bad.

On the flipside my dad played well. We normally give him two shots a hole (although his true handicap would be in the 40s somewhere I think), and this time he managed 16 points. First time he's scored on every hole. Last time out I think he only managed that over 18 holes! Great improvement for him and I was really pleased. His gross score was only 5 worse than mine!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Manchester and district comp at Pike Fold today, not a great start with 3 double bogies in the first 6 holes, but played the remaining 12 in just 4 over for a respectable gross 85 and a top 8 score so should get a little cut overnight I think.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
74 in the midweek competition, 1 under gross in a friendly last night , and just as I've found a strike and a bit of form I'm missing the next 2 weekend comps. Beverly races today and inlaws next weekend. May have to chuck in some general play scores via the app.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another hugely inconsistent knock yesterday.
Started off with banks of mist rolling in and out..you could see hundreds of yards and 10 seconds later no more than 75..
Didn't last long and there was nobody within 3 holes either side of us..
Start2d the round with 7 straight...........5s:rolleyes:
And not a badly played hole in sight.
Some very dodgy bounces followed by some even more dodgy lies and it seemed like the Golfing Gods had it in for me...
12 points out without really playing that badly..
Back 9 picked up a bit, holed a long putt for a 2 on 16, parred 17 and 18 and finished on 29 - 8 of those on the last 3 holes...
Index is up to 7 meaning an extra shot off the whites..
Not sure I can get another shot back before Captain's Weekend but you never know....

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
9 hole comp yesterday, played well enough for 18 points, but could have been so much better, 2 holes my putts did a 180 degree lip out, another 3 holes my putts were left literally within an inch of the hole. Only one bad shot I can remember, 2nd shot on par 5 7th shoved into bushes for the only blob of the day.

Seem to be playing pretty consistently at the moment, which is pleasing. Long may it continue!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at Cavendish GC yesterday with the Collectors Society, one of my favourite courses. Hickory 4BBB against the MacKenzie Society.
I'd gone out for a quick practice Thursday evening and played some awful golf, must have got rid of all the bad shots as I played decent for me at Cavendish.
Won our match and the overall result was a tie.
Great day's golf.

15th green in the foreground and 4th green in the background.

1625307739999.png

Looking down the 16th fairway with the clubhouse in the background.

1625307844544.png

Brammall Mac

Visit site
Played at Cavendish GC yesterday with the Collectors Society, one of my favourite courses. Hickory 4BBB against the MacKenzie Society.
I'd gone out for a quick practice Thursday evening and played some awful golf, must have got rid of all the bad shots as I played decent for me at Cavendish.
Won our match and the overall result was a tie.
Great day's golf.

15th green in the foreground and 4th green in the background.

View attachment 37352

Looking down the 16th fairway with the clubhouse in the background.

View attachment 37353
“Decent for me” doesn’t cover it Nick. You played superb golf and deservedly thrashed us! Great day though…

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went back to Haste Hill for the first time this year, for the July medal. Same old same old though - shocking front nine and then start playing some decent golf on the back nine when it's too late. 49 out, 42 in, and that was with a 7 on the 18th. Ended up with a net 74 (6 over). Damage was already done by the 4th hole after the bogey, triple, double, triple start. Just like old times. At least I managed a birdie on the 13th (the easiest hole mind you).

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
The missus wanted to go out for a hit after she finished work this afternoon but forecast didn't look good - we were due to tee off at 4pm and it was predicted to rain from 5 so we decided to take a chance and see if we could get nine holes in on the Ashludie course.

Glad we did, it was lovely out there, if anything a little over warm and muggy, and I hit the ball as well as I have in a very long time, everything felt solid. As we putted on ninth green at just before 5pm it was beginning to spit rain and soon after we'd walked the 800 yards home it started raining properly.

Gone from hating playing golf a couple of weeks ago back to loving being out there.

IMG_5564.jpg
Second green and third tee, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links, photographed from side of fourth tee.

IMG_5563.jpg
Third green Ashludie course, Monifieth Links.

IMG_5565.jpg
Approach to fourth green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

IMG_5566.jpg
Ninth hole, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Captains Day stableford. up early doors for a 250 mile ride from Workington to home, then 18 holes.

2 birdies at the turn then the rain started and I lost the putter leaving a few short. finished with 3 pars to sign for 39 points, happy considering there was 2 non scoring holes in the round

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Not sure played is accurate, golf is a cruel mistress ? Was looking forward to an away match but just couldn't string things together. Felt like fog in the head, I'll probably blame the heat. Sure it's the biggest defeat I've had. But..the team won
So there is no "I" in team tonight ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Played Silloth today, got lucky with the weather. Loved it, loved it and loved it as did Hid, will be back.??
Far too many visitors getting to play the course in calm conditions this year ?
Glad you enjoyed it, superb place to play ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yesterday evening played in our seniors matchplay knockout against my usual playing partner to whom I was giving 8 shots. He played the best I have seen him play and was 5 down after 5 and ended up losing 6&5. I didn't play that bad and I was net one under through 3, 4 & 5 and lost all three holes!

Stableford board comp today and continued with my recent average scoring to end up with 29 points. Now that we have settled down with the WHS, there are no unusual scores coming in. Last week the comp was won with 39 points and today first and second had 40 points and were playing off of 2 and 1.