I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Well today was a heck of a day

Wife decided to sign up and do the 72 hole challenge for Macmillan Cancer - I was politely informed that I would be joining her ???

First round started at 6:30 , finished the last round at 19:00 - it was tough , mentally towards the end as the energy was drained , but chuffed to finish

At LB?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well today was a heck of a day

Wife decided to sign up and do the 72 hole challenge for Macmillan Cancer - I was politely informed that I would be joining her ???

First round started at 6:30 , finished the last round at 19:00 - it was tough , mentally towards the end as the energy was drained , but chuffed to finish
Do you bother keeping score for that or just hack your way round quick as possible?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Midweek stableford for me tonight. A very odd round, was either picking up pars for net 3 points or blobbing holes. Ended up with 28 points.

Thought I'd gotten the driver back under control after the first few holes but it had given up on me by the 6th and it cost me for the remainder.

Course was in great condition though, as good as I've seen the greens. 20210701_023939.jpg

Boomy

Visit site
Midweek stableford last night at Silloth GC ⛳️ Finished mid table, best round and score to date (even with 2 zero pointers on the card) so happy with that ? Beautiful night for a knock, very little wind and the sun was shining.

E53E3044-2A3C-4BDA-9152-CA2AE7EABA69.jpeg
On the Par 3 9th tee

CF1EC2B5-6393-4D00-AAD4-D50E596AD51C.jpeg
On the Par 4 4th tee, blind shot towards the mill.

Last edited:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Christ, you really can't say anything on here without someone wilfully grabbing the wrong end of the stick can you? Obviously I just meant it as in having a quick swipe at the ball to get round quicker.

Hahahahhaha, tbf I read it in the spirit it was intended ? Just tickled me that LP would be thinking “hacker?!?! ME?!?!”

No, you don’t get away with much around here ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'd love to do a 4 in a day thing like that but the amount of money spent on medical bills would be considerably more than I would raise....

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Absolutely fell apart last night.

A bogey would have been amazing on some holes :ROFLMAO:

3 shanks.. 3! 2 OB....

Just keep reminding myself that I love golf...

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for a casual eighteen after work, driving is still pretty suspect and hardly got a putt to drop, amount of tiny tap ins was unreal, 83 blows which is one worse than last night when I holed a good few decent putts - I'd say every bit of my game except putting was better tonight.

Worked out though that I've not been following through completely and when I made a point of concentrating on that I was hitting everything but the driver much better, nice baby draw on the majority of shots - may have to go out again tomorrow night to confirm that I can do it from the start of a round.

Absolutely lovely out there tonight.
IMG_5559-2.jpg
6th green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played the first round of our club knockout this evening, weather forecast was a bit iffy but it turned out to be a lovely evening in the sun.

Playing a guy off 11 so not too far apart in handicap, but I started like a rocket and was 6 up after 7 holes. I was playing really well and got to the turn in 4 over gross to still be 6 up. I then had a few dodgy holes and was 2 up on the 17th tee, won this hole so 3&1 overall which I am delighted with.

Overall I played really well, didn’t get into any danger apart from putting one on the ditch which sits in front of our 9th green. Ended up on 77 gross which is my best score at the course and my lowest since returning back to playing regularly.

Heading home very happy!

D

Deleted member 23344

Knocked out of the seniors singles knockout today … lost 3&1. Had a putting lesson yesterday and putted well today … pity that the other elements of my game failed to show up. OK first half and so all square at the break … then a poor second nine. Oh well, my pp and I are still in the doubles.

Boomy

Visit site
Played Penrith GC ⛳️ tonight.. a game of 2 halves.. dreadful front 9, marvellous back 9 but struggled off the tee with the driver all night ? Beautiful night for it though ?

8C45BF2F-DF01-4F6D-9609-DA63EAAF5CA2.jpeg
Par 3 9th tee looking across towards the Lake District