I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just played the back 9 this morning before work...jeez it was rank weather...!
Misty, verging on fog, heavy drizzle and a wind gusting to 20+ mph...just not nice to be out in...

So I thought I'd just knock it round in 1 under par..you know, just for the giggles....

What a stupid bloody game this is.....

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
On the 10th tee today, decent 2 under hcp first 9. Is a dog leg right and I'm standing outside the markers. Make the swing and the tee marker flies out the ground ? One of those wooden blocks with a spike. Me & FC's eyes followed the tee marker so didn't follow the ball. Figured must have been a cut, and located ball the right fairway pot bunker. LW out, wedge onto green then a 25 foot putt for a bizarre par!
Driver seemed okay. Managed to hang in there for a gross 79, -3 nett. Won't be troubling the prizes but happy to finally put a round together. Though it will knock out a score differential of 3.6, so index may well increase.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great day today. First round of the club championships. Groups are done in handicap order, but I had a nice group with two fellers I hadn't met before, but both were excellent company. I had a bit of a horror start, bogey, double, double, double, all of them with three putts. Felt like it was over before it began really, but I made a birdie on the 5th - that gave me hope which was quickly snuffed out by doubles on the 6th and 7th as well. Parred the 8th and then another birdie on the 9th somehow gave me hope that I wasn't totally dead. 44 front nine which was two over handicap I think.

Back nine was just so much tidier. Four pars, four bogeys and just the one double, so the end result was net level par! By the time I handed my card in there were only two people who were under net par, so I was sitting 3rd. Plenty of people still to play after me though, so we'll see. Tee times for tomorrow are done in gross order I believe, but an 84 should mean I don't have to get up too early thankfully! And another round like today and I should be right in contention for the net prize. (y)

My fellow group members didn't fare so well unfortunately. One had a cracking front nine bar one triple, but he lost the plot on the back and ended up 8 over or so. The other just never got going and didn't make a par until the 15th (and 18th). But both top blokes and we had a great day.
Round two of the Club Champs. Started off really well this time, I think I was one under handicap after eight holes and already mentally planning my victory speech; until the 9th when I had a wild tee shot, lost it and had to play from the provisional - I hit an excellent 7 wood onto the green and only made double bogey so not too bad, but I doubled the par 3 10th as well with a shocking tee shot. It just became a struggle from then on of bad tee shots, I hung in there with some hard fought bogeys, but the wheels well and truly fell off on the 14th when I managed a triple bogey, followed by a poor double on the 15th. 16th gave me a little hope despite another poor tee shot I stiffed a 100 yard wedge to one foot to rescue a tap-in par, but finished bogey, double to end 5 over for the day and the championship.

It was only good enough for 15th in the nett competition, but the winner was 3 under so I would have had to go some to beat that anyway. Arguably I'm happier about coming 21st in the gross competition with my 84, 89, as that's probably higher than I would have expected to finish in that one.

Most importantly had a lovely weekend and met and played some really decent guys. This is the first drawn comp since I joined so was a great opportunity to get to know a few people. ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
4BBB open at Arcot Hall today. Really enjoyable course in Northumberland that tends to go under the radar. Despite heavy rain yesterday the course was in excellent condition. It's a good test but fair. Anyway, drove very well on the whole but other parts of my game were up and down. At times very good, at times not good. Hey ho. All very enjoyable though.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Only managed to get to the pitch and putt this weekend with the boy. Which was a nice antidote to begin beaten up at Woodhall Spa on Friday.

Started with a double, then two pars. Got back to even on the 4th with a one bounce and slam dunk hole in one. I even called it mid flight. The wife and boy couldn't have been less enthusiastic.

Finished the round 1 under. Which is the first time I've gone round there under par.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m a hairy man and hairs, warmth, and sweat aren’t a great combination for my skin. I only weigh 72kg but what fat I do have gravity has sucked it to my nether regions!
But yes it’s to stop the rubbing on humid days.
I have been wearing the Step One boxers .
They are fantastic for this,
Not cheap but worth every penny.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I’m a hairy man and hairs, warmth, and sweat aren’t a great combination for my skin. I only weigh 72kg but what fat I do have gravity has sucked it to my nether regions!
But yes it’s to stop the rubbing on humid days.
Could have written those words about the hair myself. For me...Wahl to the rescue...got it all under control now, with the missus's help for those difficult to reach places. Plenty of anti-chafing cream and go commando (even in shorts) for the 36 holes comps. Hmmm - maybe too much information given here. Could be the shiraz talking.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played at Delapre Golf Club today.

Started with a birdie and things were feeling good. I'm currently striking the ball lovely, putting well, chipping well.....

Made another birdie on the 6th, couple of near miss putts too, +2 for the front 9.

Played the back 9 just as nicely, made another birdie, annoyingly 3 putted the tricky 17th and bogeyed the last, coming in +5.

All combined for my lowest ever gross score of +7, 76 (par 69). Got 44 points off 15 handicap and hoping that the good run can continue for the foreseeable future.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday for the first time in two weeks after a little lay off with my back.

Went to the range before hand to hit a few balls to make sure I could still make contact and get rid of the truly awful shots. Glad I did too as there was some of those and I realised how strong the wind was hitting into it. Came in handy when clubbing later in the day.

Was playing well front 9 but hit the flag plumb centre and a little on the firm side on the 9th with my par putt to go 2 over.
Stated that way till the 14th. Wheels started to come off. Boged that.
15 good drive but found an old divot in the light rough. Could only gouge it into the green side bunker and took 2 to get out. Awful double.
Another dropped one on the short 16th and my decent score is fading.
Bird par finish for 5 over. A nearly round. Few bad bits of luck but those are the breaks.

Was great to be back out there. Greens were lightening and I rolled it well most of the day. Out for a quick round with my mate tonight and they were spiking the greens. :(

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was our Championship today and I won!! unlike most recent rounds I kept calm and played steadily with a morning round of 84, In the afternoon I scored 39 on the front nine and 44 on the back thanks to a triple bogey 6 on the last, I think adrenalin got the better of me because I took my 125 yds club and flew the green and out of bounds (about 150 yds or more).
So delighted and also had 2 good rounds which has reversed the trend of my handicap going up.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I finally found something resembling a golf swing yesterday, still a few bad shots in there, and the short game was below par, but as I've not practised it at all, it wasn't a surprise. 10 par's show signs of a recovery, the two quad's and the double show there is still work to be done....

D

Deleted member 1147

Played awful golf on most of the back 9 on Saturday, but then found something on the last couple of holes.

Then played a scratch knock out match yesterday, and won 3 & 2.
Only 1 putt missed from within 6 feet (for a birdie), level par back 9 and into the quarter final, where I'll meet a +1 handicapper.

On Saturday I played with a +4 handicapper, who hits it a mile (310 average on trackman according to one of our pros). Absolute pleasure to watch. I hit a decent ball, carrying 250-260 with a good one, but he takes lines I'd never dream of. Think I'll nickname him Wilco.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played awful golf on most of the back 9 on Saturday, but then found something on the last couple of holes.

Then played a scratch knock out match yesterday, and won 3 & 2.
Only 1 putt missed from within 6 feet (for a birdie), level par back 9 and into the quarter final, where I'll meet a +1 handicapper.

On Saturday I played with a +4 handicapper, who hits it a mile (310 average on trackman according to one of our pros). Absolute pleasure to watch. I hit a decent ball, carrying 250-260 with a good one, but he takes lines I'd never dream of. Think I'll nickname him Wilco.

Yep. We have one of those too. I played against him last year and on 14 he hit an awful drive, came out of the heel, sounded terrible with a really poor flight. He was disgusted with it. I nutted mine. Did him by a foot.

Proudest moment ever ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Another wayward day off the tee, frustrating as the rest of my game was pretty good, especially my putting.

Normally get away with it at my place but with the grass growing as well as it is now the rough has become unusually penal.

Think I'm going to have to book another lesson as its ruining my rounds and enjoyment at the moment.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot an 89 at Bootle yesterday, while it doesn’t sound anything, if you seen my last few scores you’d understand why I’m posting...

I took both the g425 driver and g400 5 wood out the bag. Played with this thing even a charity shop wouldn’t take, and hit it quite well ?‍♂️

Gonna book in for a much needed and belated lesson ??

Visit site
Got a late call up to play in our scratch matchplay knockout tournament due to a last minute drop out. Top 16 players from Club Champs make it in.

Won 3&1 in the 1st round against someone off a 3 handicap. Then beat the 1st seed, who plays off +2, 4&2 in the quarter finals. He was 6up through 9 (5 under par) in his 1st match when they decided to call it a day ? so I went out there with a “don’t get embarrassed” mentality. Quickly piled the pressure onto him by hitting fairways and greens and probably the finest round I have ever played.

I think the occasion got to me a bit, and fell 4&2 to the eventual winner in the semi final (vs a scratch handicap) but very proud really. These boys are serious golfers and for a moment, I was matching up to them.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Two rounds over the weekend - both in the 80's! First time I've done that in a while.

86 Sat
88 Sun

Considering there were a few penalties in there too, feel like I really am trending in the right direction now.

Just need to break 86 a few times and get those scores in my best 8 and I should be nearing my target of 16 HI by the end of the year!

Only annoyance at present is going well over 9, but dropping off by 4/5 shots on the back 9 - need to build up a tad more consistency and ill be there!